> NAH this can't be...

... the opportunity of your lifetime to learn guitar? - It is, but only if you do one of the following:

* Send me a pm and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

-- Sinisa

Around The World
carminemarotta
May 2 2012, 02:30 PM
GMC:er
Hi Sinisa
I love your Around the World lessons. A bit tricky to play at my stage but hope I will be able to do them one day.
Two questions for you.
Apart from the scales, is there anything else I can do as introduction to your series?
Did you do anything regarding middle east guitar? I love Arabic music, I think guitar must have a D on the lowest string for that wonderful drone sound.

Take care my friend,
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 4 2012, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Carmine,

a very good question, my friend !

Learning some of Eastern scales is not enough, what is more important is listening to such music !

In my case the situation is as follows:
I have the luck,( or misfortune), that this area is the crossroads of East and West for centuries. For example, part of the Balkan was under Turkish occupation for 500 years, and another part was under Austro-Hungarian empire! Serbia is nevertheless managed to preserve the national heritage of music, but there are undoubtedly foreign influences to nowadays. For a while this kind of music, filled with oriental motifs, was a hit here! Imagine that! On the professional side, I was curious as - which scales, motifs, progressions are represented, increasingly entering into that new world. Well, dance without stopping, if you know what I mean.
The biggest catch is - a feeling. It can't be learned roughly theoretically.
Researching, listening, practicing.. Holy Trinity! And that's it !!!

All lessons are done with classic EBGDAE tuning . You're right, Drop D can also be interesting, just because of that deep D bass.
You just gave me the idea for such a lesson,thanks wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 4 2012, 07:38 PM
GMC:er
Thanks Sinisa
I have got al lot of info from this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guitar-Atlas-Compl...mp;sr=8-1-spell

I loved the chapter on brasilian music and middle east, of course.

Regards
Carmine

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:14 PM