3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Fan Page Explosion!, Likes went through the roof!
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 9 2012, 01:43 PM
Instructor
Congtratz man,great ladder, just climb up !!! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 9 2012, 06:37 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2012, 02:54 AM) *
Brandon, you motivated me in using the adds biggrin.gif

That's great, Cosmin! I am very surprised at my climb in likes. I have 860 that last I looked!! ohmy.gif I just hope all these people (or a good chunk of them) will like my music when it is finished. I do expect to lose some likes eventually, but I'm okay with that - no matter who it is. happy.gif
I wish you guys good luck with the ads! They definitely get you exposed. smile.gif RAWK ON.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 9 2012, 07:11 AM) *
Well Done Brandon.

I think a lot of people don't think about the business side of their product (and themselves as a product) and that's why they fail.

Image and marketing is very important.
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Now the big question

Are you going to let us give you a Metal Make Over?laugh.gif

Ehm...what do you mean by "Metal Makeover?" wink.gif I am not changing who I am personally, but I could sure use some help if you guys want to help. smile.gif

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jul 9 2012, 07:43 AM) *
Congtratz man,great ladder, just climb up !!! laugh.gif

Thank you Sinisa. I just wish I was in a position to record some footage. I just don't have my area to record. Things are still packed up in storage while I live in this temporary place. We hope to move to a more permanent dwelling soon.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 9 2012, 07:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow, that's pretty awesome. What are you doing with your new fans though? Are you using your site to generate any revenue? Or is this just an experiment in popularity? biggrin.gif Inquiring minds want to know ~ I'd like to retire one day just by being liked biggrin.gif

Chris!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 9 2012, 09:24 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jul 9 2012, 01:17 PM) *
Wow, that's pretty awesome. What are you doing with your new fans though? Are you using your site to generate any revenue? Or is this just an experiment in popularity? biggrin.gif Inquiring minds want to know ~ I'd like to retire one day just by being liked biggrin.gif

Chris!

I haven't generated any revenue. Do you think I should ask for donations so I can get my project out faster? I can tell them what email address to send it to. biggrin.gif Or is that a bit too much? I am just gaining fans right now with no music even released yet!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 9 2012, 09:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 9 2012, 01:24 PM) *
I haven't generated any revenue. Do you think I should ask for donations so I can get my project out faster? I can tell them what email address to send it to. biggrin.gif Or is that a bit too much? I am just gaining fans right now with no music even released yet!! ohmy.gif

oh gee wiz, I have no idea! I was just curious what made you advertise in the first place smile.gif I wouldn't know what to do with fans in the first place except invite them to see me play! The more the merrier, right?!

cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 10 2012, 12:26 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jul 9 2012, 03:49 PM) *
oh gee wiz, I have no idea! I was just curious what made you advertise in the first place smile.gif I wouldn't know what to do with fans in the first place except invite them to see me play! The more the merrier, right?!

cool.gif

Exactly. I have already topped 1,000 likes!!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jul 10 2012, 12:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 9 2012, 04:26 PM) *
Exactly. I have already topped 1,000 likes!!

Wow - it jumped a few hundred from earlier today when I looked!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2012, 10:57 AM
Instructor
Brandon is on a roll biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jul 10 2012, 12:55 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 9 2012, 04:24 PM) *

No idea what to tell you about the donations part. Have you thought about about putting any videos on there? I was thinking of your "Shred Guitar" lesson.... biggrin.gif
I may be totally wrong with this but I, personally, would not put any entire songs on there. Just teaser clips. You are trying to raise money and most people will not pay for what they can get for free. I know you didn't ask but I just thought I would add that anyway. smile.gif
1,156!!! Dude!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 11 2012, 12:44 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jul 10 2012, 06:55 AM) *
No idea what to tell you about the donations part. Have you thought about about putting any videos on there? I was thinking of your "Shred Guitar" lesson.... biggrin.gif
I may be totally wrong with this but I, personally, would not put any entire songs on there. Just teaser clips. You are trying to raise money and most people will not pay for what they can get for free. I know you didn't ask but I just thought I would add that anyway. smile.gif
1,156!!! Dude!!! biggrin.gif

Well, I thought about doing what a lot of people do - name your price on bandcamp. WideK does that. This was the advice of Todd Simpson. Since I don't really have a fan base that knows my music yet, give people the option to download it for free and purchase it if they want. Thoughts anyone?

And about videos, I'm not sure about that Shred Guitar video. tongue.gif I don't know if I wanna put that one on my artist channel. There is some revenue that comes in every now and then from the videos existing on my artist channel. (only a couple of cents.) The money is not released until I reach the threshold of $100. I don't really have a good place to shoot a video though, now that I have moved. My monitors are put up for now. Perhaps outside one of these days? smile.gif Still haven't got settled in.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 13 2012, 12:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 9 2012, 08:24 PM) *

There is a website you can ask for donations!
Check it out!
http://gogetfunding.com/

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 13 2012, 03:56 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 12 2012, 06:56 PM) *
There is a website you can ask for donations!
Check it out!
http://gogetfunding.com/

Thanks. I will keep this in mind.

Everybody, I posted a new sample: instrumental progressive metal with synths.
http://soundcloud.com/fireball100/our-hope-is-here-sample

Come join the fun and like my page if you want to @ ANALYZED WITHIN

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2012, 12:50 AM
GMC:er
So share with us what your ads say? Gives us a FACEBOOK PROMO tutorial!

QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 7 2012, 01:16 AM) *
I redeemed a couple of coupons I received from Facebook, and have been running an ad for my Facebook Fan Page for several days straight. Just look at the explosion in likes!! Before the ad, I was sitting at barely over 40 likes. Now this makes me want to finish my EP even faster! This is inspiration to no end here. biggrin.gif So excited!
It will be a little sad when the coupons run out, because this can get expensive!

The ad has my logo and name "Analyzed Within" with the caption:
I'm writing and recording my first EP. Christian Progressive Metal/Djent. Jesus is coming!

-Brandon

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 14 2012, 02:45 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 13 2012, 06:50 PM) *
So share with us what your ads say? Gives us a FACEBOOK PROMO tutorial!

Sure, just check post #5 in this thread. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2012, 03:10 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 13 2012, 09:45 PM) *
Sure, just check post #5 in this thread. wink.gif

!!!!!!!I was thinking about more of a presentation than a thread, perhaps even a video. The info is here but done in stream of consciousness. Maybe a 3 paragraph, bullet pointed version for the wiki?
!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------

who like #Electric guitar, #As I Lay Dying (band), #Christian music, red seas fire, #Contemporary Christian music, christian, #Red (band), #Christianity, #Skillet (band), #Christian metal, #Christian rock, #Kutless, #Metal, #Breaking Benjamin, jesus christ, #Guitar, #Avenged Sevenfold, #Christian Rock Hard, brian head welch, #Progressive metal, #Industrial metal, #Melodic death metal, #Papa Roach, #Three Days Grace, #Death metal, #August Burns Red, #Thousand Foot Krutch, gmc guitar lessons, #Hope for the Dying, andy james, #For Today (band), #Synthesizer, #Rock music, #Demon Hunter, #Heavy metal music, #Djent, #Hard rock, #Jeff Loomis, heavy metal, end time ministry or #YouTube
who are in the category Christian & Gospel or the category Metal

This totals my potential reachable audience to 12,133,820 users. But I am only reaching 29,241 at the moment. This number seems to fluctuate a bit. If I mouse over my Audience circle chart 'help question mark', it informs me if I am not reaching my audience to increase the bid and budget. I am currently using 15 USD/day. That's a lot of money if you are paying for it yourself. BUT, you have a band and go to shows (and I guess make money from them?). I bet you and your band mates could all chip in for your band page ads, something I can't do because I am a solo artist right now.

One thing you will want to be aware of is the Friends of Connections. You will come across this while creating your ad. What this does is limits your audience to only the people whose friends are connected to your page. I did this by having my fan page "Analyzed Within" entered and didn't realize what I was doing. My audience was only around 100. I deleted that entry in Friends of Connections so it was blank. My audience then jumped up to 10,000,000! REMEMBER: Audience is the people you COULD reach, but your Reach is what you ARE reaching. I think depends on how much you spend.

Facebook Ads allows you to customize your audience to all sorts of groups including: gender, age, connections, relationship statuses, languages, etc. I just left mine all general categories. All my targeting was from the long list above. Facebook recommends you create several different ads for your site, but that just means more money expenses I would think. But you said you were wanting to create several ads anyway for your different bands and yourself. Make sure you pick a stimulating avatar for the ad, and squeeze all the juicy info about yourself or your band in the caption so people will click on you. My avatar is bright red (same as my GMC avatar), so I think it grabs people's peripheral vision.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 14 2012, 03:11 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 14 2012, 02:48 PM
Learning Roadie
I will consider it, Todd. wink.gif

+Quote Post
FrontlineGuitar
Jul 14 2012, 03:36 PM
Hey Brandon, great progress with your Facebook page - Really inspiring!

I'm just wondering, could you give some more information about these 'ad coupons' you redeemed? I would like to know, as I'm not exactly rich at the moment, so $15 a day sounds like a lot of money!

Anyway, I listened to your more recent recordings/demos of your upcoming EP, and I have to say - I'm really impressed! I'm on a learning curve with the both the writing and the recording of metal songs in general right now. Great to see someone like you at a stage like this as I've been a fan for a while now!

-Max

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 14 2012, 11:03 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (FrontlineGuitar @ Jul 14 2012, 09:36 AM) *
Hey Brandon, great progress with your Facebook page - Really inspiring!

I'm just wondering, could you give some more information about these 'ad coupons' you redeemed? I would like to know, as I'm not exactly rich at the moment, so $15 a day sounds like a lot of money!

Anyway, I listened to your more recent recordings/demos of your upcoming EP, and I have to say - I'm really impressed! I'm on a learning curve with the both the writing and the recording of metal songs in general right now. Great to see someone like you at a stage like this as I've been a fan for a while now!

-Max

Thanks, Max! Glad to hear this. And I wish you luck on your progress! These ad coupons were offers from Facebook. I got the first one because I had tried to create an ad before and saw the money involved, so I backed out. It was a long time afterwards they sent me this email about it. Something like "We saw you tried to create an ad before, use this coupon to get started." They gave me a unique code to redeem my coupon for $50. I go into detail earlier in this thread while explaining to Cosmin. The other coupon was thanks to Jon Loomer. I think I had subscribed to him and he was giving tips. It was from taking a quiz from Facebook Marketing. My fans don't really interact with me. I hope that changes. 2,000 likes is a lot, but not really anything if your fans don't interact.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 15 2012, 04:10 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 14 2012, 09:48 AM) *
I will consider it, Todd. wink.gif

Don't put yourself out smile.gif The stream of consciousness is probably plenty. I"m always trying to add helpful info to the wiki, so I've been thinking about starting a "new media" section to pull together various thread bits like this one.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 15 2012, 07:20 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 14 2012, 10:10 PM) *
Don't put yourself out smile.gif The stream of consciousness is probably plenty. I"m always trying to add helpful info to the wiki, so I've been thinking about starting a "new media" section to pull together various thread bits like this one.

Okay. Sounds cool though. smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:25 AM