2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Lesson Suggestions
Trond Vold
Apr 14 2008, 10:58 PM
Instructor
If you have any suggestions for future lessons, then please put them here smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 14 2008, 11:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Metal Solo lessons in diffrent difficulties, and more of your tight riffs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 14 2008, 11:04 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Reel Big Fish, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, Virgin Steele, Manowar, Bon Jovi, Edguy, Falconer, Gamma Ray, Kamelot, My Dying Bride, Nocturnal Rites, Poison, Smashing Pumpkins, Spin Doctors and the Hellacopters! biggrin.gif

I'll think of more later, but you can start with these wink.gif

(ok ok, a tad to many bands maybe, but see it this way; Listen to me and I'll keep you making money the next three years) laugh.gif

edit: Pantera!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Apr 14 2008, 11:05 PM

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 14 2008, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Power metal riffs and solos

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Apr 14 2008, 11:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
Everything everyone above me has mentioned smile.gif

AND Iced Earth! biggrin.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 14 2008, 11:23 PM
Instructor
ohmy.gif That was quite a number of requests smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 16 2008, 05:33 AM
GMC:er
I know I've asked for an Arch Enemy lesson before but maybe Between The Buried And Me after that? That would be an awesome lesson to have

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 16 2008, 07:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Apr 16 2008, 06:33 AM) *
I know I've asked for an Arch Enemy lesson before but maybe Between The Buried And Me after that? That would be an awesome lesson to have

Yeapp. Can do smile.gif
I got a few ones of the ones listed earlier here in the thread to do first though.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Apr 17 2008, 06:36 AM
Oh oh oh! Killswitch engage style!

U R the man for it;) laugh.gif

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 17 2008, 07:30 AM
nice last lesson. on my soon to do list.

well, since you asked, I would like to see something in the style here, particularly his lead in the middle of the song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g4rPIjWqMRc&feature=related

before anyone turns up their nose at a 80's pop star, a little history. She was one of the top singers in the 80's, I have seen at least one person on this forum list her as his favorite singer.

but the guitarist was equally responsible for her success. In fact, she had been trained in opera, and he taught her to sing rock, they have now been married for over 25 years I think.

He was quite good, played leads that complimented her voice. I would like to see a takeoff on his style.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 17 2008, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Killswitch Engage is noted down smile.gif

QUOTE (fkalich @ Apr 17 2008, 08:30 AM) *
nice last lesson. on my soon to do list.

well, since you asked, I would like to see something in the style here, particularly his lead in the middle of the song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g4rPIjWqMRc&feature=related

before anyone turns up their nose at a 80's pop star, a little history. She was one of the top singers in the 80's, I have seen at least one person on this forum list her as his favorite singer.

but the guitarist was equally responsible for her success. In fact, she had been trained in opera, and he taught her to sing rock, they have now been married for over 25 years I think.

He was quite good, played leads that complimented her voice. I would like to see a takeoff on his style.

I love that song! I'll try my best smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 17 2008, 10:14 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Awesome Trond, hit us with your best lesson! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Apr 23 2008, 11:31 AM
a second 1 from smikey biggrin.gif in the style of GOJIRA.. i know its in like.. a full step down tunening, but perhaps its time for GMC to get a little looowweerr biggrin.gif

\m/

Edit: More Details --

Particular Albums- From Mars to Sirius
Terra incognita
the Link- Remastered ( not the original link.. although it had its moments it kinda sucked biggrin.gif)

Songs to look for: Love, Lizard Skin, backbone, From the Sky, Global Warning(your tapping lession helped me learn this 1 smile.gif )

if you ever have time biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Apr 23 2008, 11:36 AM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 23 2008, 05:24 PM
Instructor
I've noted Gojira down smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Apr 29 2008, 07:38 AM
Killswitch ^^

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 29 2008, 06:20 PM
Instructor
Killswitch is noted down too smile.gif

I'll start on these suggestions after the first half of next month.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
jammer91
Apr 29 2008, 07:57 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 29 2008, 09:20 PM) *
Killswitch is noted down too smile.gif

I'll start on these suggestions after the first half of next month.

NO FOR GODS SAKE PLEASE DONT!!!!

Music wise they are talented (my curse and arms of sorrow are killer songs)

BUT

they are damm rude to fans (atleast the singer)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=szlXCe69eXA

The singer just picks up a fight with a 13yo kid because hes enthusiastic about kse playing. But the comeback insult when kid was screaming his same was funny.

I used to like them a lot and even saw them live last month but after i saw that I sorta formed an opinion.

Actually, guitarwise theyre great so I sorta take my comment back, but just wish theyd treat fans with atleast some degree of respect.

Oh and Trond, please do a lesson in the style of.... I KILLED THE PROM QUEEN:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WyMx_9lSD8g
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MFqfD3pjztw&feature=related

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 29 2008, 08:18 PM
Bullet For My Valentine and the mentioned KSE is highly supported here smile.gif

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
iainsteward
Apr 30 2008, 12:53 AM
a Killswitch lesson would be good, or maybe some really heavy stuff!! I think you would do a great job of an "In The Style Of......Necrophagist" lesson!!

But the killer of all for me would be an in the style of Testament lesson, one of my favourite bands and really heavy with some godlike solo's!!

for those who don't know testament, some great songs to check out would be:

- Souls Of Black
- The Preacher
- Return To Serenity (contains the worlds greatest legato solo)
- Trial By Fire
- Over The Wall
- Into The Pit

This post has been edited by iainsteward: Apr 30 2008, 03:59 AM

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 30 2008, 05:28 AM
Instructor
Hmm.. smile.gif I'm going to have busy next months ahead trying to come up with all of this biggrin.gif

Testament is a great idea!

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:23 AM