2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Omg - My Boss Gave Me A $1,000
SirJamsalot
Dec 2 2011, 06:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Was my birthday yesterday - today he stops at my desk, drops off an envelope and says "mail delivery", then walks off.
Check for a thousand bucks!

My immediate thought is - Mesa Boogie, Marshall or Peavey (5150) lol. Possibly that Carvin PA system?
What would you buy right now if someone handed you a thousand USD?

Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
s1m0n
Dec 2 2011, 07:14 PM
GMC:er
ask for it to be a £1000 instead? tongue.gif I'd try and get an Ibanez Universe uv7blk!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Dec 2 2011, 09:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Martin OMC-1E!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 2 2011, 09:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hehe Happy Birthday man! smile.gif

I would get a MacBook Pro or Air laptop smile.gif

or if it was music gear probably a new bass amp - full stack! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Dec 2 2011, 09:36 PM
Wow very generous boss, who do you work for?

If your looking for guitar gear, think what goes well with each other, upgrade what's needed in order guitar, amp, then effects. What axe do you play, what style(s) of music do you wish to play, etc?

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Dec 2 2011, 09:38 PM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 2 2011, 10:33 PM
Instructor
Wow! You have a really nice boss!!! Get a Mesa great amps!!!Btw happy birthday!!!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 2 2011, 11:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Dec 2 2011, 12:36 PM) *
Wow very generous boss, who do you work for?

If your looking for guitar gear, think what goes well with each other, upgrade what's needed in order guitar, amp, then effects. What axe do you play, what style(s) of music do you wish to play, etc?

Classic Rock Blues -> Metal (Opeth) -> Folk
in that order smile.gif Cover band does Classic Rock, but I'm recording both Metal and Folk music.

Well, I broke down and purchased a POD HD500 for recording purposes. I'm saving the left over cash for another purchase, and selling my BOSS ME-70. That should get me close to where I was before the purchase, and I'll start making more decisions then. Money burns a hole in my pocket pretty quick dry.gif

Cheers!

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 2 2011, 01:33 PM) *
Wow! You have a really nice boss!!! Get a Mesa great amps!!!Btw happy birthday!!!

That is likely my next purchase! It was actually my first consideration, but after checking all the prices, the Mesa lines run closer to 2K which I can't afford at the moment - so let the saving begin! cool.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 2 2011, 11:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
I would get the sound gear
although, a good amp would be nice for recording , I have found not many can tell the difference between digital and tube sound cranked at gigging levels

p.s. my last Christmas bonus was getting laid off laugh.gif

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Dec 2 2011, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 2 2011, 11:46 PM
Instructor
Happy Bday man smile.gif ! Hard decision indeed, but while I thinking about it, my wife would have already found a way to use it for patching holes in home budget happy.gif ! So, Think fast!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Dec 3 2011, 12:16 AM
If your got a POD HD500, be sure to check out the DT50 amp to go with it, it well just completes the package with great tube sounds and auto-syncing between them. Change the tone on the PodHD and it updates the Amp accordingly!

Then get the Mesa Tone for it, heh.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2011, 01:44 AM
Nice! Happy Bday! smile.gif Hard to go wrong with the POD. Works for live/recording/whatev. I'd probably spend it all on plugins. Maybe on the KOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE bundle which comes with it's own hard drive as it's just incredible. Recording, mixing, guitar rig, mide, 43 GB of sounds, mastering plugins, etc.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 3 2011, 01:44 AM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 3 2011, 02:38 AM
Learning Roadie
Wow - I would get a 7-string guitar. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 3 2011, 04:08 AM
Instructor
Cool!! Congrats mate!! I would buy some pedals.. a Whammy pedal, Wah wah and a pair of new monitors for my studio!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Dec 3 2011, 06:54 AM
I was going to say buy the pod hd 500!!!!

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 3 2011, 11:45 AM
Instructor
Hmm, I'm very happy with the musical equipment I have so I wouldn't purchase anything in that area.. I'd probably buy a PS3 because I'm so behind in that world. tongue.gif

Sounds like you made a good choice by buying the POD.. much more natural sounds smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 3 2011, 10:33 PM
Instructor
Awesome man! smile.gif You got yourself immense bonus, from my standards! smile.gif May you spend it in fortune. I would probably save it for some traveling and maybe payout some of the bills.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Dec 4 2011, 05:55 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 3 2011, 10:45 AM) *
Hmm, I'm very happy with the musical equipment I have so I wouldn't purchase anything in that area.. I'd probably buy a PS3 because I'm so behind in that world. tongue.gif

Don't do it. You will forever stop playing your guitar!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 4 2011, 10:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Dec 4 2011, 04:55 AM) *
Don't do it. You will forever stop playing your guitar!

You've probably got a good point ! wink.gif

Call of Duty won't help improve my picking technique laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 4 2011, 05:00 PM
Instructor
I gave up games a long time ago biggrin.gif but I still remember playing Warwind tongue.gif do you guys have any idea about that old game? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 4 2011, 05:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 4 2011, 04:00 PM) *
I gave up games a long time ago biggrin.gif but I still remember playing Warwind tongue.gif do you guys have any idea about that old game? tongue.gif

No, I've never heard of that game. It sounds like it could be a cool Power Metal band !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:22 PM