> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Gitarrero's Guitar And Bass Training Ground
Gitarrero
Mar 20 2012, 04:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Haha, now I will attend the chat for sure laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 22 2012, 01:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 20 2012, 04:30 PM) *
Let's just see who will get fried now that I've got a reinforcement on my left arm ph34r.gif

Now we shall hear your bass "roar"! smile.gif))

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 23 2012, 08:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 22 2012, 12:38 PM) *
Now we shall hear your bass "roar"! smile.gif))

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 1 2012, 04:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Time for a bass assignment! smile.gif

BACKING TRACK : Attached File  gitarrero_backing.mp3 ( 748.08K ) Number of downloads: 83

CHORD PROGRESSION : Attached Image

I want you to record these 3 exercises :

1. Walking bass line utilizing ONLY "half-step ABOVE" approach
2. Walking bass line utilizing ONLY "half-step BELLOW" approach
3. Freestyle - mix both approaches to free will

Tips : get familiar with the chord progression. Write it down on paper and follow it while jamming to the backing.
You want to be able to just look and play the "concept" in real time as you get some practice. Track I sent you is easily loopable.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 1 2012, 05:21 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Nice, thanks Bogdan! Will get to practice right away. I try to upload a take on Wednesday. After that I am going to my hometown for the easter holidays smile.gif

Cosmin, the legato part of the Metal Metrics 1 is driving me nuts laugh.gif I can't get it up to speed...any advice? The other parts work pretty well by now...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 1 2012, 11:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Apr 1 2012, 04:21 PM) *
Nice, thanks Bogdan! Will get to practice right away. I try to upload a take on Wednesday. After that I am going to my hometown for the easter holidays smile.gif

Cosmin, the legato part of the Metal Metrics 1 is driving me nuts laugh.gif I can't get it up to speed...any advice? The other parts work pretty well by now...

Hey Christian! Glad to know ye're working on that one smile.gif you should try slowing it down until you can play it perfectly and very rhythmically, as that is its nature smile.gif once you nail it slow, work it up to speed focusing on the tight rhythmic approach wink.gif

it's the classic advice but it will work smile.gif what else is up with you man? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 2 2012, 08:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Okay...I tried...I knew this answer would come, but was hoping to a shortcut to modern metal awesomeness biggrin.gif
What does this weird american dude always say? Ah yes...practice practice practice!!! laugh.gif

It's been a few weeks without a proper practice routine now, but I've been working on two other lessons over the weekend and just recorded them for rec. So please check the rec section, as I uploaded them just now biggrin.gif

Christian

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 2 2012, 08:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Apr 2 2012, 07:36 PM) *
Okay...I tried...I knew this answer would come, but was hoping to a shortcut to modern metal awesomeness biggrin.gif
What does this weird american dude always say? Ah yes...practice practice practice!!! laugh.gif

It's been a few weeks without a proper practice routine now, but I've been working on two other lessons over the weekend and just recorded them for rec. So please check the rec section, as I uploaded them just now biggrin.gif

Christian

Hey mate, I'm on it tongue.gif if you want a practice routine let me know and we can cook smth up wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 2 2012, 08:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sure thing biggrin.gif
As I am also in Gab's Army, he told me to practice these two lessons:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...g_intermediate/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/legato-lesson/
he said something about legato being my weak spot...quite a shock, I must say laugh.gif
Just kidding.
For AP, I practice these two lessons (the latter not at full speed though):
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal_Patterns_1/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/modal-madness/

And then I work on any lesson you, Gabriel or Ben might give me on top of that. Or I write some stuff on my own. And play a bunch of older lessons I already mastered, just to warm-up.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 3 2012, 04:05 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, looks like your hands are full smile.gif how much time can you dedicate to music, each day?

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 3 2012, 05:32 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cosmin!

Usually it's 1 hour, sometimes only 30 minutes, sometimes 90 minutes.

Fridays and on weekends I usually have a lot more time, but especially in spring and summer I travel a lot so there will be weekends when I won't be able to touch the guitar at all.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2012, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Mate, out of what I am seeing in your vids, we should insist on everything which implies timing, tightness and a bit of techniques such as AP and maybe a bit of legato.

In my opinion, a solid axeman, has to have a good grasp on rhythm and right-left hand coordination - what do you say if we would focus a bit on this idea?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 6 2012, 08:55 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sounds like a plan!

So, what do you think: how should my perfect practice routine look like for this plan?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2012, 09:42 AM
Instructor
hey Christian! Let's focus on 1 hr/ day divided like this:

Day 1
15 minutes Warmup
20 minutes - rhythm
20 minutes - legato

Day 2
Same only replacing legato with AP

Now, we can choose lessons from here on which I want you to focus, by following a few key elements:

- play everything slowly
- pay attention to ALL the details
- focus on tightness and timing until you reach perfection

You will eventually develop a sense which will be with you ALL the time biggrin.gif

How does this sound?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 10 2012, 07:57 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That sounds great Cosmin!
So, what lessons would you propse?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 11 2012, 10:36 AM
Instructor
Hey Christian!

Let's start with some easy ones, they will be a bit stray from your area tongue.gif but they will help out more than you think wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...6-funk-basics1/

Regarding AP and legato - have you tried Ben's lessons so far? If yes, how are you faring with them?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 11 2012, 06:32 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
What the funk?? biggrin.gif Looks like a cool lesson, I'll try that one.
I've worked on Ben's land of legato 1 before and will add it to my routine.
As for AP, I didn't really check his lessons, will do that now.
What do you suggest, should I pick 2 lessons for legato and 2 for AP?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2012, 10:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Apr 11 2012, 05:32 PM) *
What the funk?? biggrin.gif Looks like a cool lesson, I'll try that one.
I've worked on Ben's land of legato 1 before and will add it to my routine.
As for AP, I didn't really check his lessons, will do that now.
What do you suggest, should I pick 2 lessons for legato and 2 for AP?

One for each smile.gif get them PERFECT and then we move on to others - you are ALMOST THERE in everything you post. My aim is to get you THERE! biggrin.gif

Let's start with this one for AP, k? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 6 2012, 11:52 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, it's been a while!
But I'm back, had to reschedule some things in my life, but now I'm sure I got more time for guitar again.
Here is my first take, tell me what you think.
I'm most likely gonna record another one today.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2012, 12:23 PM
Instructor
Hey Christian! smile.gif Welcome back man! The take is technically sounding ok, with a few minor slips, but your right hand looks a bit tense and rigid - would you try to loosen it up? When you will become more relaxed, the take will sound even better smile.gif I think you could try to work on it at a slower tempo and get it flowing with your right hand relaxed smile.gif

What else have you been up to, Mr.?

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:21 PM