Time To Narrow My Focus.....gmc Overload!, (You've done it too!!)
derper
Feb 15 2012, 09:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here's what I mean....

I'm still relatively "new" to GMC (joined in Nov). I absolutely LOVE it here!! But, I find myself becoming interested in so many lessons/workshops/riffs/exercises all at once!!

No more!! I've stared into the infinite abyss of awesome-ness that GMC and it's talented, hard-working instructors have to offer. Now, it's time to step back, and NARROW my focus to a few lessons at a time.

I'm certain I'm not the only one that has suffered from this "GMC overload" syndrome. And I don't mean I've been putting in too much time at GMC....that isn't possible (as long as you meet your other obligations in life, to keep the internet/electricity on!). It's more about "over-loading" myself with so many lessons and concepts at once.

For now, I will narrow my focus to the following....

-Finishing my Castlevania student lesson series, and getting the collab going!! (Dinaga, I just ordered my line 6 kb37 interface today, so I'll REALLY be able to take part in this collab!! No more crappy cam vids with "live" sound!!)

-Cosmin's "Antonia Vivaldi Winter" lesson

-My ever continuing quest to improve on Muris' "Country picking advanced" vid, as part of "Dinaga's INSANE lesson hunt" thread.

Then I'll move onto....

-Collabs!! I had to step back from them for a minute, in order to "narrow my focus", but I hope I can submit to Sinisa's Lydian Collab by the deadline, and also jump onboard Gabriel's Zeppelin Collab (2 Gabriels are better than 1!!) as well!

- improving sweep picking, with Alex Feather's tips from last week's video chat (I hope there end up being some notes, otherwise I may need a quick "refresher" on that pentatonic sweep practice riff you discussed)

-Perhaps Cosmin's "Guthrie Govan Arpeggios"

-Incorporate the "modal madness" lesson into my practice/warmup routine

-Work on my country chops!

-Work on some "shreddy" lessons. I'm not much of a metal player, so I'd like to "up my game" in that respect.

And to help "narrow my focus", I'll spend slightly less time in the forum. Just a little less.

Now....Go practice!! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:38 PM