> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Bleez's Mentoring Thread
bleez
Jan 11 2015, 10:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey boss smile.gif
just thinking about what Ive been working on in the last while and what I should probably aim for in the next few months or so. Im still keen on being able to knock out a few fast picked runs so alternate picking exercises with the metronome have been a fixed part of my routine, I cant see that changing smile.gif Im concious that my bends can still be an issue but I think Ive made some decent progress in that area so Im not too worried about that, I think its more down to my ears than anything else.
I think Im going to try and learn more songs / solos from bands that I like. I enjoy playing that stuff so I think the next few months will be learning some old alice cooper songs, Ive learned a couple over the last six months and I think its been really useful.
Im still finding the theory side of things a real drag! It sends me to sleep huh.gif Im going to try and work on that more.

There are a bunch of GMC lessons which Id love to be able to play but they are currently just a bit beyond my level so I'll keep them in mind, they aren't like level 9 - 10s or anything. I'll just need to get a bit better hand sync before seriously attempting them.
I guess I'll also keep writing riffs and hopefully get a couple of complete songs at some point biggrin.gif

I have no idea what my end goal is anymore, I think Im just along for the ride cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2015, 11:34 AM
Instructor
Well, summing things up a bit, here's what I'm thinking:

- alternate picking and generally, technique oriented practice should be put to use - what gooddoes it do if you play exercises with a metronome, if you don't use those to make up musical ideas with?

I think that the technique you are learning should be done by picking up licks or phrases which are beyond your limits with just a bit, from the GMC lessons and practice them into that context until they get as close to perfection as possible. After that, you should choose a lesson backing and tweak those licks/phrases so that they will become personal. You can then use them in your own improvisations/creations or in GMC collabs!

What do you think? Otherwise, I think that learning songs that you like can always prove to be a great way to evolve and have fun! Also, spotting your favorite techniques in various songs you like is a way to develop the technique in a fun mode!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 12 2015, 08:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I hear ya smile.gif
Im currently doing 2 sessions per day of picking with the metronome so I'll switch one of those to working on these lessons and work on your suggestions.

thanks for all your help and time. Its been great, Ive learned an absolute ton of stuff from you. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 13 2015, 08:57 AM
Instructor
Hey Scott - why not organize yourself like this:

- select your lick/phrase of choice
- understand it rhythmically and from the theoretic perspective (what scale is it in and what chords does it fit over)
- practice it with a metronome, until you reach the desired tempo
- practice it over the backing at a slow tempo and gradually work your way up, until you reach the last backing

Session 2

- select a few backings of your choice
- see the backing tempo and tonality
- change the lick/phrase in the new tonalities and see how you can implement it over the new backings
- play it in as many positions and starting on different beats

It is only then, that you can say you can master that phrase - I learned this from a masterclass with Steve Vai that I attended in Bucharest back in 2013.

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 14 2015, 09:16 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
that looks like a really good approach, I'll try that. thanks dude smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 14 2015, 09:40 AM
Instructor
Nothing to it, mate, just let me know how it goes wink.gif

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:05 PM