Pedalboard
superize
Jan 9 2012, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Currently i am buying pedals for a pedalboard

I have two distortion pedals and a tuner. Next i am going to buy a delay pedal and a pedal board.

What more pedals could i might need when playing with my band?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 9 2012, 10:35 PM
Instructor
....compressor,chorus and volume pedal,and that's it !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 9 2012, 10:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
What Amp do you play, which pedals do you already have and what music do you intend to play?

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 9 2012, 11:24 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I have the same, plus a chorus.
I also have a wah, but I don't use it much.

Here's a humble mini review of my pedalboard
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...100_Mini_Review

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Frederik
Jan 9 2012, 11:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
For wet fx, try to get a used nova system

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jan 10 2012, 12:17 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I would recommend a Wah pedal. If you get one I advise you to look into a noisegate, as they can be quite noisy. The vintage ones especially. I have the Ibanez Weeping Demon WD7, and it doesn't make a lot of noise; but it is not a wah I recommend for beginning wah users. It has a lot of tone shaping options. Start with a Crybaby or Vox.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 10 2012, 12:18 AM
Instructor
Hi! My suggestion is to get a delay pedal with a tap tempo it's really important to be locked in with a band! and make sure it has a true bypass otherwise you will loose some of your tone
Also you can get a chorus pedal I really like TC electronic and wah wah pedal and I think you should be good! It will take some time to get your pedal board right so don't be afraid to experiment!
Oh yeah! And also you can get some type of power supply I wouldn't rely on batteries because they tend to die in the middle of the show!!
I hope it helps!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2012, 04:03 PM
Instructor
I would add a Volume Pedal, Compressor, Wah wah & Chorus. (and off course the Delay).

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
Jan 10 2012, 04:20 PM
GMC:er
Ideally I'd say you need: TubeScreamer, chorus, reverb, delay, compression, Wah and a volume pedal + tuner of course. Also your amp really should have a loop, so you can have the chorus, reverb, delay and compression after the pre-amp wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2012, 04:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sean_1234 @ Jan 10 2012, 12:20 PM) *
Ideally I'd say you need: TubeScreamer, chorus, reverb, delay, compression, Wah and a volume pedal + tuner of course. Also your amp really should have a loop, so you can have the chorus, reverb, delay and compression after the pre-amp wink.gif

+1 Tube Screamer!! It's great to add gain to your tone for solos...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 10 2012, 06:53 PM
Learning Roadie
You need a compressor, a couple OD pedals that stack well, chorus and flanger pedals, 2 delay pedals (1 for long delays for solos and another for short delays like a dotted 1/8th).

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 10 2012, 06:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 10 2012, 03:41 PM) *
+1 Tube Screamer!! It's great to add gain to your tone for solos...

tubescreamer is a good pedal! I like the old ones better because of the sound quality!

QUOTE (superize @ Jan 9 2012, 09:16 PM) *
Currently i am buying pedals for a pedalboard

I have two distortion pedals and a tuner. Next i am going to buy a delay pedal and a pedal board.

What more pedals could i might need when playing with my band?

Try Joyo pedals! They are good clones and are very very cheap! Just google them and you will find it!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 11 2012, 07:35 PM
Instructor
I use only Tubescreamer these days, to boost the amp. Having two distortions is perhaps too much Isac, and depending on the amplifier you have, distortion can serve you for overdrive, or boosting.

If you want good overdrive stomp, so you can hook it to clean amp, and have plenty of drive, then I advise something with a preamp tube - they are way better then solid state ones. Blackstar ones are great, I've played in studio with them myself, and can vouch for it. Others - not sure.

As far as solid state ones, they are good thing to have in your pedalboard bag as a "swiss knife pedal" that can be used for boosting an amp or as a backup if something happens. I used plenty of solid state ones, and tubescreamer is the best "swiss knife" pedal, although Fulltone OCD is great too (but the price doesn't justify the cost IMO). Cheap tubescreamer is just great at boosting volume and certain middle frequencies that will cut you through.

AS far as other pedals, once you get delay and pedalboard (boss is good, but behringer is also very good for the money, it's not worse from boss at all, same material), logical choice is wah, and chorus/flanger/phaser for clean stuff, depending what you like.

Don't bother in getting boutique pedals - they are in most cases - not worth the money. Dunlop wah will work great, if you can find Crybaby 535Q, even better.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:46 AM