Recommendations On A Serious Shredder Guitar
Guitar1969
Mar 14 2012, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
My son is turning 12 and has been playing acoustic and electric for about 2 years, and up until now has been using my Fender Strat Plus (He also has an old Kraemer Focus but it doesn't tune very well). I want my Strat back so I want to get him his own electric - He is more into faster power chord changes and starting to get faster at tremelo/speedpicking. He is really starting to take off, I want some recommendations on guitars in the $250-$450 range. I was thinking of trying to get him a used Fender Tele or Gibson SG because I am at a point where I like guitars that hold value, but not sure at his age if thats what he wants. I was thinking maybe a Ibanez, PRS, Schecter, or Jackson, with a fast neck. it definitely won't be his last guitar but he is serious enough where I know he wont quit and he performs live at our church as well, so I want something quality built that he will use for many years, even after he gets GAS and wants more guitars like we all do. active Pickups might be an option. I am not too concerned about his size - He plays a full size concert acoustic electric, but he has small hands at his age. He even can handle my Gibson Les Paul Standard, although he likes the weight and feel of the strat more for obvious reasons.

Anybody got some recommendations of brands and models - I am even interested in closeouts as long as its a quality guitar. I need to narrow the field

Thanks for your help.

Michael

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitar1969: Mar 14 2012, 09:25 PM

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:04 PM