6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
High Risk Collaboration !
Ben Higgins
Jun 4 2011, 06:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 4 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Haha! Hm...I am wondering how I could mention girls in this thread...

That's another 120 pushups...

QUOTE (mhskeide @ Jun 4 2011, 06:05 PM) *
I`m in smile.gif My first collab for almost a year!

Excellent ! Welcome cool.gif This collab is already hotting up and it hasn't even really got started yet biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 7 2011, 06:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sorry Ben, didn't noticed this thread somehow. Anyway i'm also in if there is room smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 7 2011, 07:16 PM
GMC:er
Well freakin spiff! smile.gif I'm in! I might even use both hands!

Todd

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 7 2011, 07:58 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard Quadrium and Todd !! Glad to have you guys !! smile.gif

I look forward to hearing everybody's takes and ideas cool.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 11 2011, 05:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Ben,

Here is my take smile.gif

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 12 2011, 01:52 AM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 11 2011, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jun 11 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Hey Ben,

Here is my take smile.gif

Dogukan,

Thank you Dogukan, that's awesome... I can already hear a possible guitar harmony with your solo in my head !!! biggrin.gif

Don't be shy everyone, let me have your guitar attack !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 11 2011, 09:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 11 2011, 05:23 PM) *
Thank you Dogukan, that's awesome... I can already hear a possible guitar harmony with your solo in my head !!! biggrin.gif

Don't be shy everyone, let me have your guitar attack !! cool.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Thanks a lot Ben smile.gif

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jun 12 2011, 12:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Ben,

I noticed some sync issues in my vid. Uploaded new vid and replaced it wiith my old vid in post #25

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jun 12 2011, 01:54 AM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
velci
Jun 14 2011, 06:09 PM
Learning Roadie
I am in!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 14 2011, 06:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (velci @ Jun 14 2011, 06:09 PM) *
I am in!!!!!!!

Niiiiice !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jun 14 2011, 11:23 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Took me some time to improvise a solo I was satisfied with, but in the end I just settled for this take smile.gif

No backing: Attached File  High_risk_collab_NBT.mp3 ( 673.93K ) Number of downloads: 128

With backing: Attached File  High_risk_collab.mp3 ( 673.93K ) Number of downloads: 128

And no, I`m no lefty...just filmed with webcam tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  High_risk_collab.mp3 ( 673.93K ) Number of downloads: 83

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jun 15 2011, 08:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'm thinking of giving this a try, as I have some ideas at least for the second part.
I never recorded a video, however, so I guess I'll have to set things up first.

H4H

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 15 2011, 11:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Jun 14 2011, 11:23 PM) *
Took me some time to improvise a solo I was satisfied with, but in the end I just settled for this take smile.gif

No backing: Attached File  High_risk_collab_NBT.mp3 ( 673.93K ) Number of downloads: 128

With backing: Attached File  High_risk_collab.mp3 ( 673.93K ) Number of downloads: 128

And no, I`m no lefty...just filmed with webcam tongue.gif

Hey, this is brilliant ! Great note choices and feel.. that scalloped neck looks real nice to play.. is it ?

I may be able to flip that video around in Vegas when you send me the finished vid smile.gif

QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Jun 15 2011, 08:33 AM) *
I'm thinking of giving this a try, as I have some ideas at least for the second part.
I never recorded a video, however, so I guess I'll have to set things up first.

H4H

That would be great.. but if not, we could always use some still images of you and just create a stylish montage over your solo ? cool.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jun 15 2011, 11:05 AM

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jun 15 2011, 11:43 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 15 2011, 12:05 PM) *
Hey, this is brilliant ! Great note choices and feel.. that scalloped neck looks real nice to play.. is it ?

I may be able to flip that video around in Vegas when you send me the finished vid smile.gif

Thanks! smile.gif
It is still a bit unusal for me, but I am getting used to it the more I play. The first thing that is easily noticable, is much easier vibrato, bending 2-3 halfnotes anywhere on the neck (even on the bass-strings, lol), and being able to play solos with bending, (like this) continuously for three hours without my fingers screaming in pain tongue.gif

Do you have some recommendation about sites I could use to send the video to you?

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 15 2011, 12:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mhskeide @ Jun 15 2011, 11:43 AM) *
Thanks! smile.gif
It is still a bit unusal for me, but I am getting used to it the more I play. The first thing that is easily noticable, is much easier vibrato, bending 2-3 halfnotes anywhere on the neck (even on the bass-strings, lol), and being able to play solos with bending, (like this) continuously for three hours without my fingers screaming in pain tongue.gif

Do you have some recommendation about sites I could use to send the video to you?

Excellent stuff ! It's very handy if it can let you bend strings for hours !! biggrin.gif

Sure thing, I usually use rapidshare.com and it's never failed me yet smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 15 2011, 04:55 PM
Learning Roadie
I think I'll give this a go! tongue.gif)
Btw, sorry I disappeared yesterday in the chat. My flash player crashed on me. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 15 2011, 04:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 15 2011, 04:55 PM) *
I think I'll give this a go! tongue.gif)
Btw, sorry I disappeared yesterday in the chat. My flash player crashed on me. sad.gif

Go for it !! Will be glad to have you onboard ! biggrin.gif

No worries, it happens wink.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jun 19 2011, 03:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ok, so I came up with a little melody over (first half of) the backing track, practiced for some time, then ran into a series of obstacles when trying to shoot the whole thing. Video formats, transferring video data, audio synchronizing, video editing software, etc were making the beginner look like a fool. It didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, but I created a YouTube account and uploaded the video. It seems to be out of sync, which is not the case when I play the uploaded file locally. Oh well, here it is.

Now all I need is this Rapidshare thing, right?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  High_Risk_H4H_mix.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 92
Attached File  High_Risk_H4H_solo.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 85

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 19 2011, 10:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Ben: I'm not really good at shredding, but I did it anyway. I threw in some riffing too. It was really random and kinda bad at times. I just let loose and came up with this after a zillion takes. You may wanna put me in the background. laugh.gif I hate my cheap Infinity pickups. They make some of my pinch harmonics sound like crud. Just take what you want, because I know not all of it will sound good. wink.gif Thanks for the opportunity. I'm sending you a megaupload link to the video in a PM.

Everybody else: Here is the uploaded version so everyone can see what I did. I decided to solo over the whole thing so Ben can pick what he wants. biggrin.gif This is why I don't join many collabs. I always embarrass myself. tongue.gif

And then also the guitar by itself for Ben to use in mixing.
Attached File  Set_the_Pace_Collab_wobt.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 137

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 19 2011, 11:24 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Think I am gonna jump in on this one if you don't mind and if there is room. Got some ideas rolling around after seeing everyone else's take. And if we harmonize, do you want the harmony file separate?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:41 AM