3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
New Instructor - David O' Toole, Bluesy instructor coming in!
edgor67
May 21 2007, 02:33 AM
GMC:er
Oh man (whine!) I really got the blues from Lesson 1,2, and 3. I'm heading to the metal blues next. g

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nrpstreetballa
May 21 2007, 03:39 AM
what do u have cooking up next for gmc??????????????

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kiciolud
May 22 2007, 12:33 AM
Yes! This is what I was looking for - colour of sound, floating melody line and this "lazy" feeling,
giving a bit of slow donw to life.
I hope new lessons will coming soon.

+Quote Post
David OToole
May 28 2007, 02:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (nrpstreetballa @ May 21 2007, 04:39 AM) *
what do u have cooking up next for gmc??????????????

It's just going through final uploading and touches and should be up and out there tomorrow nrpstreetballa. It's "on the edge", that's all I'll say 4 now smile.gif.

D rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (kiciolud @ May 22 2007, 01:33 AM) *
Yes! This is what I was looking for - colour of sound, floating melody line and this "lazy" feeling,
giving a bit of slow donw to life.
I hope new lessons will coming soon.

Yup should be a new one out tomorrow as I write kiciolud. A few tech problems to sort out and it's live ...

D rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Meho98
May 28 2007, 03:11 AM
Thanx a bunch Kris and David. wink.gif

--------------------
My gear:
Guitar - JACKSON DR3 DINKY REVERSE
Amp - Peavey TransTube Studio Pro 112

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 28 2007, 11:35 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (DavidO @ May 28 2007, 03:23 AM) *
It's "on the edge", that's all I'll say 4 now smile.gif.

I wild(?) guess... it's in the style of The Edge!! unsure.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
David OToole
May 28 2007, 01:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ May 28 2007, 12:35 PM) *
I wild(?) guess... it's in the style of The Edge!! unsure.gif laugh.gif

You MAY be 'close to the edge" smile.gif. It'll be up soon I'm sure, still workin out some server tech probs on it with Kris.

D smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David OToole
May 30 2007, 12:42 AM
Instructor
Hi Andrew

I just got thinking today when I was working on some tab today for a lesson. I wonder does Andrew work in Hemi-demi-semi-quavers or jus plain ol' 64ths? smile.gif.

With your mixed geographical background u never know m8!

Oh, on the subject of music notation and all that, here's a piece of useless information for you.

I was looking at a songbook/music script here a few years ago and I noticed that there was no note or chord "b" on the sheet. It's called a "h" in Swiss/German music notation/music!

So it's A, H, C , D, E, F, G ... I'm sure there's a valid reason for it but I don't want to know what it is ja-ja rolleyes.gif .

David

David Ø
www.uni-guitar.com

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 30 2007, 07:45 AM
QUOTE (DavidO @ May 30 2007, 01:42 AM) *
I was looking at a songbook/music script here a few years ago and I noticed that there was no note or chord "b" on the sheet. It's called a "h" in Swiss/German music notation/music!

So it's A, H, C , D, E, F, G ... I'm sure there's a valid reason for it but I don't want to know what it is ja-ja rolleyes.gif .

Swedish is related to the German language and it's the same here - H. But when we talk in the band we always say B. And when I was young being taught music (on the electric organ) I learned it doesn't start witth A but with C.
C D E F G A H
Looking at thas old school swedish way it's A that's misplaced.

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 30 2007, 07:50 AM
Greetings from kansas. i really like your play. very tasteful, great rhythms.

i have a question. that sort of triplet rhythm in the second recording. i learned that a long time ago, from clapton, let it rain (played as a kid, just picked it up again now after many years). people should learn that, but you are the first I have seen play that rhythm here. i believe that the rhythm actually repeats every 96 notes if you carry it out far enough. does that thing have a name? i can do that as you do it, but I never could quite figure out what what going on with that rhythm, or what to call it.

This post has been edited by fkalich: May 30 2007, 08:08 AM

+Quote Post
David OToole
May 30 2007, 10:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ May 30 2007, 08:45 AM) *
Swedish is related to the German language and it's the same here - H. But when we talk in the band we always say B. And when I was young being taught music (on the electric organ) I learned it doesn't start witth A but with C.
C D E F G A H
Looking at thas old school swedish way it's A that's misplaced.

Yeh I was wondering if other European countries used that too. Well I just wrote that down starting with "A" (must have been alphabetically thinking wink.gif.

But the note C would be pretty normal to start off with as you say, because it has no sharps or flats and it builds from there. Still looks odd to the "b" users whatever you start with smile.gif.

Why is "h" used do you know?

David rolleyes.gif

David Ø
[email protected]

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 30 2007, 11:33 AM
QUOTE (DavidO @ May 30 2007, 11:20 AM) *
Why is "h" used do you know?

I got curious and looked id up at the Swedish Wikipedia.

it says when a tone is flat you write it as Gb except for H which is called B when it's flat.
It also says that can be confusing if you mix the swedish and english speaking countries ways since B then could mean B or B flat (eq H or B )

No explanation really. I searched google.se but searching for "B H" plus some swedish search words only end up with plenty of hits for bra's. BH=Bussom Holder or in swedish.
laugh.gif so I give up for now... instead I will closely study these links I've found biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: May 30 2007, 11:35 AM

+Quote Post
Gen
May 30 2007, 02:14 PM
smile.gif I love your lesson on the style of the edge
Cant wait for your next lesson biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 30 2007, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Croatia also uses H instead of B - so B here means "H flat".

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 30 2007, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ May 30 2007, 09:06 AM) *

Could still be a German influence. Much of Croatia part of the Holy Roman Empire during the later middle ages, (and on the border prior to that) so an association was there.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 30 2007, 09:05 PM
Hey Dave welcome to GMC.. sounds like uv got alot to offer as far as experience and creativty, can;t wait to learn from you

cheers

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
ibanez rocker
May 30 2007, 10:14 PM
can some 1 help me what does mb stand for in the tab????

+Quote Post
ezravdb
May 30 2007, 10:35 PM
QUOTE (ibanez rocker @ May 30 2007, 11:14 PM) *
can some 1 help me what does mb stand for in the tab????

microbend
you dont follow the blues lesson from gabriel ?? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
David OToole
Jun 2 2007, 11:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pavel @ May 30 2007, 04:06 PM) *

Hi Pavel

I'm starting to think that there's probably more countries in Europe use that than don't. It was really a new one on me coming from Ireland. As I think I said b4, the only reason I came across it is that the wife is Swiss and we live in Switzerland which is how I found out about it.

So far on my list I have Switzerland, Germany, Sweden and Croatia using it. I'm sure there's a lot more!

I think most people in Ireland + England don't know of it as they mostly never would come across it as a rule.

Well whatever they're called I like the "B" note - where would we H without it? smile.gif.

David rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 3 2007, 12:56 AM
I think I read that english speaking countries use B while others use H.
Perhaps we can get word from more countries?

Wouldn't surprise me at all, we've all heard about the odd pound, gallon, inch, B, mile, pint... pint is good. cool.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:09 PM