2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Amp Choice - Need An Advice!
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2012, 09:56 PM
GMC:er
Here we go! Killer amps in combo form.

MARSHAL JVM 100 Watt (Melts Faces)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-...uitar-combo-amp

ENGL Single 12 100 Watt (Melts Marshalls)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-...uitar-combo-amp

KRANK REVOLUTION (out of print but killer and on casters!)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-...ition=used#used

These are big boy amps to be sure and are not cheap.

QUOTE (Max Sokolov @ Jul 17 2012, 02:52 PM) *
Thanks guys, I'll check out your variants!

Axe isn't so tweakable live - you can't just walk to it and add mids while you have quick pause in music.
Also it's quite heavy - with power amp and rack case it would weight like combo, but I also have to carry cab for it.

So - the best option for me now is to get a little combo, which can be used both with pedals or with axe.

Now I'm thinking about Blackstar HT-5 and ENGL Gigmaster 15, but ENGL has 10" speaker, I worry about low end response..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Max Sokolov
Jul 20 2012, 12:48 PM
Instructor
Anyone tried Blackstar HT-5?
It seems to be perfect choice for me now..
Also Tom Quayle said, it sounds great for such a small amp)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 21 2012, 07:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Max Sokolov @ Jul 15 2012, 05:26 AM) *
Hi, guys!
I'm thinking about changing my amplifier, currently I've got Yerasov Boggart 30, it's 2-channel tube amp made in Russia, pretty good sounding, but huge and very unreliable..

So, what I'm looking for is 1-channel tube amp with effects loop and 12 inch speaker, it would be great if it's compact!
I like how Fender Blues Junior sounds, but there's no effects loop.

What you can suggest?

I like a few Hughes and Kettner will work perfectly very good quality amps!
Also you can get 18 watts it's plenty of sound for clubs and mid size stages plus very compact and easy to take around!
Suhr is making cool amps but they are pricey! Also Try Mesa boogie mark ii is pretty decent and I think you can find a used one for about 1
I can also try to hook you up with a company I am endorsed by called Ugly amps those amps are incredible hand wired and very simple to use!
Let me know! smile.gif

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 21 2012, 02:21 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 21 2012, 06:07 AM) *
I like a few Hughes and Kettner will work perfectly very good quality amps!
Also you can get 18 watts it's plenty of sound for clubs and mid size stages plus very compact and easy to take around!
Suhr is making cool amps but they are pricey! Also Try Mesa boogie mark ii is pretty decent and I think you can find a used one for about 1
I can also try to hook you up with a company I am endorsed by called Ugly amps those amps are incredible hand wired and very simple to use!
Let me know! smile.gif

You are endorsed ALex !!! haha that is so sweet smile.gif Congratulations!

As far a Mesa Boogie goes I have a Mini rectifier ( because 50/100 watts is to much for bedroom practice ) And it is a amazing amp ! It doesn't even matter where I put the controls it always sounds good. It is switchable between 10/25 watts so since it has a low wattage you can drive the power tube section which gives an awesome tone. Except like derper said you pay for it. In canada the head is $1,000. and it doesn't come in a combo. But I have also played a mesa boogie roadster and I find that mesa boogie gets a 10/10 rating awesome amps! But then again you said you were going to use it for anythiing but metal and mesa boogie is not know for there clean sound we all know that that's where fender come's in they are famous for there high gain sound smile.gif

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 21 2012, 02:45 PM

This Lil' Ampoy!!! Heavy METAL or NO METAL AT ALL!!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 21 2012, 05:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 21 2012, 01:21 PM) *
You are endorsed ALex !!! haha that is so sweet smile.gif Congratulations!

As far a Mesa Boogie goes I have a Mini rectifier ( because 50/100 watts is to much for bedroom practice ) And it is a amazing amp ! It doesn't even matter where I put the controls it always sounds good. It is switchable between 10/25 watts so since it has a low wattage you can drive the power tube section which gives an awesome tone. Except like derper said you pay for it. In canada the head is $1,000. and it doesn't come in a combo. But I have also played a mesa boogie roadster and I find that mesa boogie gets a 10/10 rating awesome amps! But then again you said you were going to use it for anythiing but metal and mesa boogie is not know for there clean sound we all know that that's where fender come's in they are famous for there high gain sound smile.gif

Yeah! I have pedals, guitar, amps and just got strings a week ago! smile.gif
Still working on acoustic guitar and pickups! smile.gif

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 21 2012, 01:45 PM) *

This Lil' Ampoy!!! Heavy METAL or NO METAL AT ALL!!

It's a good amp! I like it a lot! I haven't owned this one just yet! smile.gif But used it at the studio a lot!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:39 PM