2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Pod Farm 2, ...Oooo...
sted
Apr 3 2010, 10:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
So from what I can tell i dont get any updated effects or amp models, just dome different features? I wonder if i can just get model packs for pod farm 1 still, not too bothered about crazy features I dont really use.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Apr 3 2010, 05:43 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Skewlbuzz @ Apr 3 2010, 04:47 AM) *
POD Farm 2 is exactly the same with some new features added.

Having used it for a few days now, I can say that it isn't exactly the same. The ability to load models without the entire application (when using as VST plugin) is in fact quite new and speaks of a fully developed framework that the old product didn't have. That and the midi assignments are the two largest features that required significant developer time (which equals money) to design and implement.

The visual design of the application is in fact similar, but even that has changed and appears to be rewritten rather than re-skinned. Either way, software doesn't write itself. Someone's got to pay for the hours of work involved.

Regarding the modules, I didn't have to re-pay for those and some new ones showed up all on their own without additional cost.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
AdamB
Apr 6 2010, 05:45 PM
POD Farm 2 will also be available as a free upgrade to existing POD Farm and POD Studio customers that have registered POD Farm after 1October 2009.

Oh! That's me! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 6 2010, 06:04 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Apr 3 2010, 06:43 PM) *
The ability to load models without the entire application (when using as VST plugin) is in fact quite new and speaks of a fully developed framework that the old product didn't have. That and the midi assignments are the two largest features that required significant developer time (which equals money) to design and implement.

That's a great and neccessary update, POD Farm 1 was impossible to to make a good mix with on more than a few tracks when the CPU choked up.
I liked those effects so it's worth it for me. If I don't qualify for free, idk yet.

Thanks for the info!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Apr 6 2010, 06:57 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 6 2010, 12:04 PM) *
That's a great and neccessary update, POD Farm 1 was impossible to to make a good mix with on more than a few tracks when the CPU choked up.
I liked those effects so it's worth it for me. If I don't qualify for free, idk yet.

Thanks for the info!

If you're registered you should get an email for the cheaper upgrade at least ($35) so it may be worth it to make sure you have that. I don't see the one that I received but there IS that deal that may still be going on.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2010, 01:27 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of Amp Modeling and think POD FARM is just killer. Being able to tweak ones tone even after a track is recorded is just brilliant. I've been using the AMPLITUDE plugins which are also just amazing.

Todd

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 9 2010, 04:11 AM
I was planning to buy a Pod so I can experiment with it. I definitly have to check out this toy

+Quote Post
AdamB
Apr 12 2010, 02:25 PM
I've been trying out pod farm 2. I got upgraded for free because I bought pod farm 1 after october 1st 09. It's a good improvement, the best thing is that I have a line6 shortboard, and connecting things up to it is so easy now with the midi learn feature. I just right click on a pretty much any control, click midi learn, and then hit the switch on the floor board to hook it up to. It's genius.

I like how you can put any effects in any order now, and have multiples of them, gives me much more control.

Also, there are some new models - there's a bunch of synth models which might be useful (although probably only rarely) and I think the wah's and a few other things have changed. Nothing major though. There are some new distortion models, though I tend not to use the distortions very often, i prefer using a pre-amp infront of the pod interface, so I can't say if they're better or not.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 13 2010, 12:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Apr 3 2010, 02:49 AM) *
Is your next album free for the folks that bought the first one?

That's a good point my friend. wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:14 PM