Rec Program
kevvyg
May 31 2009, 05:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Andrew,
Just a quick question regarding the REC program, if I may.
I've just passed my first REC entry (a level 3 lesson). Do I need to pass 5 lessons to get on the scoreboard?
I notice that some people have a REC XP level of 1. I took that to mean they've passed one lesson (like me!).
Obviously, I'm mildly confused about this!!!

Thanks!
Kevin smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
May 31 2009, 05:08 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
With your permission Andrew, I'll answer this one smile.gif

You don't need to pass 5 lessons to appear in the score board Kevin. Your info will soon be added smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
kevvyg
May 31 2009, 05:22 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Fran @ May 31 2009, 05:08 PM) *
With your permission Andrew, I'll answer this one smile.gif

You don't need to pass 5 lessons to appear in the score board Kevin. Your info will soon be added smile.gif

Ok! Thanks for that Fran.
And what if I enter 5 lessons that are all of different levels? I assume that that will count as a 'pass' at the lowest level of the five?

Kevin

This post has been edited by kevvyg: May 31 2009, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 31 2009, 05:33 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Thanks Fran smile.gif

The way the grading works is that your level is calculated as the average of your last 5 lessons (less if you have done less). Also, the number is rounded down, so if you have an average of 4.7 for instance, you level will still be 4. This is so that you have to pass 5 lessons at a particular level to be entitled to that grade.

Until you get 5 though, that lowest level lesson will drag you down.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
kevvyg
May 31 2009, 05:47 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 31 2009, 05:33 PM) *
Thanks Fran smile.gif

The way the grading works is that your level is calculated as the average of your last 5 lessons (less if you have done less). Also, the number is rounded down, so if you have an average of 4.7 for instance, you level will still be 4. This is so that you have to pass 5 lessons at a particular level to be entitled to that grade.

Until you get 5 though, that lowest level lesson will drag you down.

Thanks Andrew.
I've got about five or six lessons on the go at the moment! I'll just keep entering them as they get finished!
Don't know about the other guys out there, but I find some of the level 3 lessons actually quite difficult - in fact more difficult then some level 4's!!
One last thing - I intend to take the instructor's comments on board (obviously!) and practice the lesson I passed until I've 'ironed out' the faults - which is, of course, the whole point of the REC program.
When I've done this, is it ok to put the same lesson back on the REC forum to get the instructor's opinions as to whether or not there's been a marked improvement, or would you rather we just took the comments on board and moved on to the next lesson entry? I quess if we keep asking for comments on lessons we've already passed, you could end up spending all your time looking at stuff you've already seen. (I quess I've answered my own question?!!!)

Thanks!
Kevin

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 31 2009, 06:23 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I think that';s a good idea, but lets keep that off the rec board as you say it will create confusion! I would suggest that if you have an improved take you either put it on the uploads board for comments, or ask the instructor who's lesson it is on their individual board.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
kevvyg
May 31 2009, 06:57 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 31 2009, 06:23 PM) *
I think that';s a good idea, but lets keep that off the rec board as you say it will create confusion! I would suggest that if you have an improved take you either put it on the uploads board for comments, or ask the instructor who's lesson it is on their individual board.

Ok Andrew, will do!
Thanks for your advice.

Kevin smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:32 AM