2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Mtp Collaboration?
Tolek
Apr 17 2009, 04:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello everybody who is involved in the 1st MTP block!
I just got an idea and I think it´s pretty cool for us: a common collaboration. Some of you may have seen that I´ve already organized a collaboration with my mentorees. I planned to do some more. This time we can do one together and if it goes well, we can continue doing collaborations frequently (one per month or so).

What do you think about it? smile.gif I´d do the backing with great pleasure!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 17 2009, 05:59 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I am new to collaborations, can't play to fast, but enjoy nice backingtracks, so I wouldn't mind an MTP collab;)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 17 2009, 06:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 17 2009, 06:59 PM) *
I am new to collaborations, can't play to fast, but enjoy nice backingtracks, so I wouldn't mind an MTP collab;)

Who says that you have to play fast? laugh.gif Would be cool to have everyone in this collab. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Apr 18 2009, 06:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I am up for it Tolek, it's a good idea and although a bit different you could call my last group assignment also some kind of a collab smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 18 2009, 06:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Apr 18 2009, 07:18 PM) *
I am up for it Tolek, it's a good idea and although a bit different you could call my last group assignment also some kind of a collab smile.gif

Great! smile.gif When every mentor responds, we can start organizing things.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 18 2009, 07:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'd probably be OK with it Tolek....I have a lot of personal stuff I am dealing with right now but I would contribute where I can. smile.gif I like the idea....only problem I see is that I know....at least for me....I do Pedja and Emir's collabs every month. I also have to find time to practice my own stuff etc.. These collabs are great but I know they can get time consuming/overwhelming if you get signed up for too many of them.

I am really slow at them because I have to compose them and 9 times out of 10 I can't play what I compose so I have to really practice them.....so it is really easy for them to take up the majority of your practice time. Just my 2 cents. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 18 2009, 07:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 18 2009, 08:25 PM) *
I'd probably be OK with it Tolek....I have a lot of personal stuff I am dealing with right now but I would contribute where I can. smile.gif I like the idea....only problem I see is that I know....at least for me....I do Pedja and Emir's collabs every month. I also have to find time to practice my own stuff etc.. These collabs are great but I know they can get time consuming/overwhelming if you get signed up for too many of them.

I am really slow at them because I have to compose them and 9 times out of 10 I can't play what I compose so I have to really practice them.....so it is really easy for them to take up the majority of your practice time. Just my 2 cents. smile.gif

I see your problem. Of course, you can comment the takes whenever you want, we can publish the comments separately, not at once. smile.gif This might solve the time problem.

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 20 2009, 06:37 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm strapped for time just like everyone else it seems. I'd probably be ok with it though Tolek. Lets just try and space things out some.

Have anything specific in mind? I know you have been trying to make backing tracks. We could also ask one of the instructors for somthing they used in one of there lessons.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 20 2009, 07:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great to read this, UncleSkillet! smile.gif Btw, what´s your real name? laugh.gif
Actually, I was thinking of a normal collaboration where every mentor comments his own students and those comments will be read and edited by the other mentors in order to make them as complete as possible! Finally, there will be comments and the final mix.
As for the BTs, I didn´t want to use the help of instructors immediately. It would be an excellent exercice for us all to produce BTs. Of course, if someone doesn´t want to do one, another mentor can overtake it. I personally would be up to do a BT for every collaboration. smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 20 2009, 09:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 20 2009, 02:09 PM) *
Great to read this, UncleSkillet! smile.gif Btw, what´s your real name? laugh.gif
Actually, I was thinking of a normal collaboration where every mentor comments his own students and those comments will be read and edited by the other mentors in order to make them as complete as possible! Finally, there will be comments and the final mix.
As for the BTs, I didn´t want to use the help of instructors immediately. It would be an excellent exercice for us all to produce BTs. Of course, if someone doesn´t want to do one, another mentor can overtake it. I personally would be up to do a BT for every collaboration. smile.gif

Hey Tolek, my name is Jeff. I though you knew that, sorry biggrin.gif
I read your response and now I am confused. I thought you where just wanting to get the 5 of use (mentors) together for a collab project. Above you are referring to comments on our students (mentorees) and such. I just read your original post again so let me see if I understand this correct.

You want us to come up with a collab for all 20 - 25 of the mentorees to have fun with (and I guess we could upload our take also)? Then we each write a small comment for each student and put it all together as a final comment for the student. Am I close? unsure.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 20 2009, 09:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Apr 20 2009, 10:12 PM) *
Hey Tolek, my name is Jeff. I though you knew that, sorry biggrin.gif
I read your response and now I am confused. I thought you where just wanting to get the 5 of use (mentors) together for a collab project. Above you are referring to comments on our students (mentorees) and such. I just read your original post again so let me see if I understand this correct.

You want us to come up with a collab for all 20 - 25 of the mentorees to have fun with (and I guess we could upload our take also)? Then we each write a small comment for each student and put it all together as a final comment for the student. Am I close? unsure.gif laugh.gif

Congrats, Jeff, that´s right! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
And again, to be sure that everything is understood:
We, the mentors, organize the whole thing while the mentorees submit their takes. We can put our takes, if we want, at the end of the mix. Afterwards, we comment the takes of OUR students and pass them to every mentor who can add something in order to make the comments as complete as possible.

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Apr 20 2009, 11:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 20 2009, 10:16 PM) *
Congrats, Jeff, that´s right! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
And again, to be sure that everything is understood:
We, the mentors, organize the whole thing while the mentorees submit their takes. We can put our takes, if we want, at the end of the mix. Afterwards, we comment the takes of OUR students and pass them to every mentor who can add something in order to make the comments as complete as possible.

Sounds good, and I would like to get into making backing tracks myself as well (so I need your training Tolek! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ). I am btw also suffering from too much things on my plate both with work as with playing guitar (but I love it smile.gif)

--------------------

Guitars & Amps
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 21 2009, 02:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Apr 21 2009, 12:06 AM) *
Sounds good, and I would like to get into making backing tracks myself as well (so I need your training Tolek! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ). I am btw also suffering from too much things on my plate both with work as with playing guitar (but I love it smile.gif)

Great to have you in, Roger! smile.gif
I can give you some help via MSN if you have some troubles with the BT. The same you did with my formatting problems. biggrin.gif As for your time problem, don´t worry about it. We´ll manage with it even if some don´t participate much in one or more collaborations. wink.gif

Only Adam has to reply and then we can start!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 22 2009, 08:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Adam doesn´t seem to get my PMs or something... I don´t know.

Well, let´s start! smile.gif
Roger, do you want to start with creating a BT? Or should I do one?

I think that every mentor should open a topic in his board and make sure that every student read it. Let´s see how many want to join!

I´ll do a more official topic as soon as the BT is finished. And we have to discuss when the deadline is... Let´s say from the posting date of the official topic on: 2 weeks?

I think it would be cool if we could a get a board called "MTP collaborations" or so. No? biggrin.gif Of course if we´ve seen how well it works.

This post has been edited by Tolek: Apr 22 2009, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Apr 22 2009, 08:26 PM
Learning Roadie
i would definately want to do it with ya.. smile.gif

edit:
oh this is for the actual mentors and not the guys being mentored.. sorry.. :/

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Apr 22 2009, 08:27 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 22 2009, 08:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Apr 22 2009, 09:26 PM) *
i would definately want to do it with ya.. smile.gif

edit:
oh this is for the actual mentors and not the guys being mentored.. sorry.. :/

No, you were right. It´s for the mentorees. smile.gif We mentors are going to comment the takes and maybe do an own one.

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Apr 22 2009, 11:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 22 2009, 09:18 PM) *
Adam doesn´t seem to get my PMs or something... I don´t know.

Well, let´s start! smile.gif
Roger, do you want to start with creating a BT? Or should I do one?

I think that every mentor should open a topic in his board and make sure that every student read it. Let´s see how many want to join!

I´ll do a more official topic as soon as the BT is finished. And we have to discuss when the deadline is... Let´s say from the posting date of the official topic on: 2 weeks?

I think it would be cool if we could a get a board called "MTP collaborations" or so. No? biggrin.gif Of course if we´ve seen how well it works.

Would be better for this time if you could come up with a BT if you can smile.gif Will certainly contact you soonish for some help with it nevertheless for future collabs.

--------------------

Guitars & Amps

Effects & Other stuff

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Apr 23 2009, 03:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Tolek,

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you.

I would be happy to ask my mentoree's if they'd be comfortable with this idea.

Shall get back to you soon smile.gif

Adam

QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 17 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Hello everybody who is involved in the 1st MTP block!
I just got an idea and I think it´s pretty cool for us: a common collaboration. Some of you may have seen that I´ve already organized a collaboration with my mentorees. I planned to do some more. This time we can do one together and if it goes well, we can continue doing collaborations frequently (one per month or so).

What do you think about it? smile.gif I´d do the backing with great pleasure!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Apr 23 2009, 06:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Apr 23 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Hey Tolek,

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you.

I would be happy to ask my mentoree's if they'd be comfortable with this idea.

Shall get back to you soon smile.gif

Adam

No problem! smile.gif Glad to have you hear. So, everybody should open a topic or send PMs concerning this collab, I think.

Roger, I´ll start as soon as I get the chance which is pretty difficult because of my strict time plan. biggrin.gif But I´ll do one! Actually, I´ve got already one. The one I used in the last collab... What do you think about?

This post has been edited by Tolek: Apr 23 2009, 06:34 PM

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Apr 23 2009, 08:04 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 23 2009, 07:34 PM) *
No problem! smile.gif Glad to have you hear. So, everybody should open a topic or send PMs concerning this collab, I think.

Sure no problem, although I think it's better to wait until we have a backing track up and ready to make it a very concrete and focussed announcement for everyone.

QUOTE (Tolek @ Apr 23 2009, 07:34 PM) *
Roger, I´ll start as soon as I get the chance which is pretty difficult because of my strict time plan. biggrin.gif But I´ll do one! Actually, I´ve got already one. The one I used in the last collab... What do you think about?

I think that backing worked out nicely. It's not really my preferred musical style as you know, and maybe it needs a bit of extra EQ-ing for my preference, but it's fine.

--------------------

Guitars & Amps

Effects & Other stuff

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:31 AM