9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
The Soulful Ballad Collab, Instructors/Students Video Collaboration
Nava
Sep 16 2014, 06:04 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Deleted @ Sep 14 2014, 04:37 PM) *
Here is my take of the verse + chorus file. First half contains a solo, second half is a rhythm part you could use to let somebody playing something epic over it. smile.gif

[attachment=38824:Solo___Backing.mp3]

[attachment=38821:Only_Solo.wav]

Video.mp4

Its beautiful! Very nice tone and you really got feeling in this biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2014, 08:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 16 2014, 05:04 PM) *
Its beautiful! Very nice tone and you really got feeling in this biggrin.gif

Hey Nava - how about joining us on this one, mate? wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 17 2014, 05:09 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm in!!

I never really used the Major scale before, so I'm going to try and use it and a part of the minor scale as well ofcourse, which I am more familiar with cool.gif

This post has been edited by Lester: Sep 17 2014, 05:10 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2014, 05:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Sep 17 2014, 01:09 PM) *
I'm in!!

I never really used the Major scale before, so I'm going to try and use it and a part of the minor scale as well ofcourse, which I am more familiar with cool.gif

Hi Lester! Do you want to have more ideas for using Major scales??

Replay the first class of my improvisation course which is based on major scales and join my session today in which I will cover Three Notes per string major shapes!

Today's lesson notes: Click HERE.

Week#1's notes & replay video: Click HERE.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 17 2014, 06:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe!

That looks very interesting, I didn't know it existed.
Is it Always on wednesdays? because I have athletics training on wednesdays, but from what I understood, I can look up the lesson and notes afterwards?

I will try and implement them in the collab!

+Quote Post
Nava
Sep 17 2014, 06:48 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 17 2014, 07:03 AM) *
Hey Nava - how about joining us on this one, mate? wink.gif

Hi there Cosmin biggrin.gif

Yes, I think I will join this one. I have been playing it over and over again and I'm getting closer and closer to something worth recording wink.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2014, 06:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Sep 17 2014, 02:38 PM) *
Hi Gabe!

That looks very interesting, I didn't know it existed.
Is it Always on wednesdays? because I have athletics training on wednesdays, but from what I understood, I can look up the lesson and notes afterwards?

I will try and implement them in the collab!

Hi! yes, it's always on wednesdays but you can check the lesson notes, replay the video and we can also use a thread at my personal board to work on the exercises. Just let me know! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2014, 08:15 AM
Instructor
Hey Nava and Lester! Glad to hear you gentlemen are in wink.gif Lester - aside Gabi's suggestions, I would like to suggest you to take a look at the lesson recommendations in the tips area of the collab text description and also try this lesson out of which you can steal ideas: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/major-soloing-no-4th/

Looking forward to see a first draft from you wink.gif

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 18 2014, 05:17 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 18 2014, 09:15 AM) *
Hey Nava and Lester! Glad to hear you gentlemen are in wink.gif Lester - aside Gabi's suggestions, I would like to suggest you to take a look at the lesson recommendations in the tips area of the collab text description and also try this lesson out of which you can steal ideas: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/major-soloing-no-4th/

Looking forward to see a first draft from you wink.gif

I will definitely check those out, thanks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Sep 18 2014, 07:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I will try and get up a video in the weekend to come..
But its something like this wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-heino/the-soulful-ballad-collab-with

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2014, 09:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 18 2014, 03:55 PM) *

That's a very tasty take Nava. I love it. I also enjoyed the tone that you used, what amp or soft are you using?

There only one details to mark, pay attention and adjust that fast lick at 00:19. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2014, 07:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lester @ Sep 18 2014, 04:17 PM) *
I will definitely check those out, thanks! smile.gif

Perfect - let me know if you need help with anything wink.gif

QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 18 2014, 06:55 PM) *

Aside that lick at 0:19 which needs some polishing, please focus on a smoother landing on the note at 0:20, right where the lick ends wink.gif

Otherwise, very nice tone and phrasing! You, my friend, have evolved A LOT!! Congratulations!

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 20 2014, 11:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey guys!
Lot of good things posted here already!
I will share my ideas now for the intro and the verse-chorus section where I put a bunch of phrases together with reaper but trying to keep continuity to make a long solo.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2014, 04:11 PM
Instructor
Hey Rhida - thank you for sharing your ideas with us, mate smile.gif I think you are experimenting with some really nice lines here and I would like to point out a few details which will make them sound even better:

Intro - watch out for the bent notes pitch at 0:09 and 0:13 - they are not quite reaching the correct pitch

Verse/ Chorus - please focus on the same aspect as a lot of the bent note pitches are not reaching the intended notes at all.
- around 0:48 there's a lick that needs more work on the timing, as it sounds like you are a bit unsure in respect to it.
- the vibrato should be stronger and more defined in general throughout the take.

Please try to implement these suggestions in the take and maybe come up with something shorter on the Verse/ Chorus part, but having more concentration and a more thematic aspect. You don't have to solo over the entire track, but you need to focus on coming up with something strong, catchy, played correctly and with feeling. The ideas are good so far, but they need polishing smile.gif

Looking forward to the next recording!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 21 2014, 08:13 AM

+Quote Post
Nava
Sep 20 2014, 05:47 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 18 2014, 08:36 PM) *
That's a very tasty take Nava. I love it. I also enjoyed the tone that you used, what amp or soft are you using?

There only one details to mark, pay attention and adjust that fast lick at 00:19. wink.gif

Thx a LOT Gab for the positive response biggrin.gif
The tone is from S-Gear, called "heaven". I tried with overdrive before hitting DI but I got this "screaming" noise.

Yes, that fast lick.. rolleyes.gif I really must work more on that one!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 19 2014, 06:40 AM) *
Perfect - let me know if you need help with anything wink.gif

Aside that lick at 0:19 which needs some polishing, please focus on a smoother landing on the note at 0:20, right where the lick ends wink.gif

Otherwise, very nice tone and phrasing! You, my friend, have evolved A LOT!! Congratulations!

And now a big smile on my face biggrin.gif
Thank You soo much for the nice words Cosmin! It feels very encouraging to get that kind of response. I bow my head in humbleness!

I will practise that fast lick + the ending part more. Thx for pointing out my mistakes smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 20 2014, 03:11 PM) *
Hey Nava - thank you for sharing your ideas with us, mate smile.gif I think you are experimenting with some really nice lines here and I would like to point out a few details which will make them sound even better:

Intro - watch out for the bent notes pitch at 0:09 and 0:13 - they are not quite reaching the correct pitch

Verse/ Chorus - please focus on the same aspect as a lot of the bent note pitches are not reaching the intended notes at all.
- around 0:48 there's a lick that needs more work on the timing, as it sounds like you are a bit unsure in respect to it.
- the vibrato should be stronger and more defined in general throughout the take.

Please try to implement these suggestions in the take and maybe come up with something shorter on the Verse/ Chorus part, but having more concentration and a more thematic aspect. You don't have to solo over the entire track, but you need to focus on coming up with something strong, catchy, played correctly and with feeling. The ideas are good so far, but they need polishing smile.gif

Looking forward to the next recording!

Sorry Cosmin, but I think you meant Rhida cool.gif

Good work by the way, Rhida biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2014, 06:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rhida @ Sep 20 2014, 07:16 AM) *
Hey guys!
Lot of good things posted here already!
I will share my ideas now for the intro and the verse-chorus section where I put a bunch of phrases together with reaper but trying to keep continuity to make a long solo.

Hi Rhida! I've just gave you some feedback about Gab's Army and one of the main things to improve on your playing is the pitch/tunning that seems to be a problem with your guitar tuning but also with your bending technique. This is not the first time that this happens so we must to be sure to know what's the problem:

- Guitar tuning?
- Guitar calibration?
- Old strings?
- Too much fingers pressure?

Please check each of this possibilities and let us know if you can discover the problem. It's very important to get used to check tuning frequently while you practice to be sure that you are training your ear correctly while you play scales, phrases and lessons. So once you find the issue, let's fix it and then get used to check the tuning every 10 minutes (or maybe less), ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2014, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 20 2014, 04:47 PM) *
And now a big smile on my face biggrin.gif
Thank You soo much for the nice words Cosmin! It feels very encouraging to get that kind of response. I bow my head in humbleness!

I will practise that fast lick + the ending part more. Thx for pointing out my mistakes smile.gif

Sorry Cosmin, but I think you meant Rhida cool.gif

Good work by the way, Rhida biggrin.gif

That's right man! Sorry for the jumbling - I was pretty tired last afternoon when I wrote the response and it must've slipped me.

Anyway, I am glad to help out, so let's see the polished take wink.gif Both of you guys biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 21 2014, 08:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm trying to carve out some time to contribute to this collaboration. The difficulty for me is using my time wisely given I have about 4 songs I have to learn for my next band practice. I spent about 1/2 hour this evening working on a solo idea - I recorded a rough take with my iphone and zoom so I won't forget it for when I go back o record it. I'll record them properly in separate files in my DAW

Here's the idea I'm going for - hope you can hear the guitar - may need headphones. No time to re-record it smile.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Rhida
Sep 21 2014, 12:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey gentlemen!

Thanks Nava for your comment and Cosmin don't worry, no offense taken here! smile.gif

By the way I love your idea SirJamsalot!

Anyway, following Gabe suggestions I checked my guitar and my finger pressure.
It seems that these 2 together are making me some big trouble. Consequence : I have some difficulties to trust my ears for bending now.
So I switched to another guitar of mine and I may send the other to the luthier.
I also played more relaxed and making the solo breathe more.
So am I on the right track?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2014, 05:02 AM
Instructor
Hi Rhida! The improvement is notorious but there is still work to do! The overall pitch is much better in most of the take. The intro section sounds perfect for me. The verse and chorus has good moments and some others that need adjustment.

00:00 to 00:17: I like how you managed phrases and silences now. The melody has rests and that make it cooler to listen. Pitch is ok,.

00:18 to 00:32: This section start with clear ideas but then the melodies become less clear like if your fingers wouldn't be sure of where to go. The last 2 licks are a bit sloppy. The high note at 00:22 sounds out of tune, and the problems seems to be again the guitar. Please check it out.

00:32 to 00:47: The pitch issues are more important in this section. For example, the bends at 00:39 are not there, you are not tight with tuning, and also the note at 00:44 is out of tune.

00:48 to 01:12: There are similar problems on this section. Mostly tuning and definition of the licks. I feel that the composition is cool, but the licks need more practice.

Please also be careful with timing.

I know that these comments could sound like a lot, but I'm being demanding because I can notice important improvements from take to take, so keep on the hard work!! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:17 AM