Please Somebody Help Me, SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION
megadetj
Sep 12 2010, 06:58 PM
GMC:er
PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT IS SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION AMP SETTINGS PLEASE I HAVE IBANEZ 10 WATT AMP ITS NOT GOOD BUT CAN SOMEBODY TELL

GREETINGS
MEGADETJ

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Sep 12 2010, 07:02 PM
This is the best post ever.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 12 2010, 07:04 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Sep 12 2010, 08:02 PM) *

I'm not convinced mellow.gif

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Sep 12 2010, 07:06 PM
Ok, googling "ibanez 10 watt amp" found the IBZ10G that has the same knobs as any other little practice amp. I would set those knobs as follows:

8, 5, 5, 5, 4

The last knob is master volume. You can maybe turn that up but I think you will lose distortion as you increase master volume. If that happens, try:

10, 5, 5, 5, 7

Really, with an amp that small it won't matter much. There's no effects to turn on/off except for that little "boost" button which you might as well set to "on" (pushed in).

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Sep 12 2010, 07:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ibanez 10 W makes no sense. If he had a F.B.T Jumbo 15 I have regarded it serious.

//Staffay

QUOTE (jafomatic @ Sep 12 2010, 08:06 PM) *
Ok, googling "ibanez 10 watt amp" found the IBZ10G that has the same knobs as any other little practice amp. I would set those knobs as follows:

8, 5, 5, 5, 4

The last knob is master volume. You can maybe turn that up but I think you will lose distortion as you increase master volume. If that happens, try:

10, 5, 5, 5, 7

Really, with an amp that small it won't matter much. There's no effects to turn on/off except for that little "boost" button which you might as well set to "on" (pushed in).

I would have played WITHOUT an amp........... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2010, 07:21 PM
Great post smile.gif Hmm. What to do. Well, you could try turning the mid range all the way down, the bass/treble/gain all the way up and face the amp to the wall to help get rid of more midrange and then turn the volume up all way. Either way, start saving for a bigger amp and maybe a pod?

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 12 2010, 10:42 PM

+Quote Post
Fre
Sep 12 2010, 08:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Sep 12 2010, 06:02 PM) *

Haha biggrin.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 12 2010, 09:38 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I think ia modeling amp could be the easiest way to go. Look for one that has a metageth sound as a preset. Wasn't there a Line6 amp with artist models? Maybe it's in there?

Mod op: Moving the thread to Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 17 2010, 12:00 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Try experimenting with turning up bass and treble and turning down mid range knobs. Also set enough gain to get the desired distortion. Generally you should with any amp even small once be able to get a decent sound (for bedroom practice).

Later on you can think about multi effects units like POD, or some bigger amp.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:09 PM