Gp 5 Software, Any way to enhance the sound?
Kapto
Jun 14 2008, 04:05 AM
GMC:er
Hi GMC'ers
Just wondering how could I get a better realistic sound with this software if it's possible. What I am after is a program similar to GP5 with better sound banks I would like to create 2 track drum patterns, exercises and songs with bass guitar and transfer them onto my GNX4 as a MP3.
Getting a more expensive sound card would help?
Any help would be much appreciate.
Thank You

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jun 14 2008, 04:15 AM
QUOTE (Kapto @ Jun 14 2008, 04:05 AM) *
Hi GMC'ers
Just wondering how could I get a better realistic sound with this software if it's possible. What I am after is a program similar to GP5 with better sound banks I would like to create 2 track drum patterns, exercises and songs with bass guitar and transfer them onto my GNX4 as a MP3.
Getting a more expensive sound card would help?
Any help would be much appreciate.
Thank You

fruityloops...you can download a free trial.

Its easy and sounds great.
Also fairly cheap for a basic copy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Kapto
Jun 14 2008, 09:55 AM
[quote name='USAMAN' date='Jun 14 2008, 04:15 AM' post='210592']
fruityloops...you can download a free trial.

Thanks Usaman.
What about the music sheet/tab. Fruityloops has that option too? like GP5 I mean.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 14 2008, 10:11 AM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Kapto @ Jun 14 2008, 09:55 AM) *
What about the music sheet/tab. Fruityloops has that option too? like GP5 I mean.

No i dont think it does. As far as music sheet/tab goes- the most realistic you will get will be Guitar Pro version 5.2 with RSE (realistic sound engine) <i think>, but that sounds about as realistic as a guitar made from a tissue box and elastic bands.

You could use a program non specific to guitar- but for composing other instruments such as orchestral instruments- i used to use one in school but i can't remember the name.

Well anyway heres a link to a review site of this kind of software: http://music-notation-software-review.topt...e-software.html

The different software reviews are listed on the left on that page.
I'm not sure of the sound quality- but its kind of what your after.

Apart from that- all i can suggest is using a sequencer such as Reaper to actually record your songs using your guitar and VSTi for drums and bass etc and then transcribe those songs into GP5 format for reference.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 14 2008, 10:54 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Or you could save the gp5 files as midi and import tham into Native Instruments Bandstand, and *voila* smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 14 2008, 11:31 AM
Singing Instructor
I think that sound card is not the thing that can get you a better sound in GP.That software is not made for that,but for notation and tab's,and to give you some preview of the arr. that you are searching for.
DAW is the solution here,there are bunch of free trials on the net,but Reaper is the moist popular here,and many people can help you make your way trough it.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 14 2008, 01:39 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Out of guitar pro no, but you can as said before export to midi and than import midi intro your DAW software (Reaper for example) and assign certain VST (virtual instruments) to certain tracks and you got a realistic sounding track..But this can be expensive..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Jun 14 2008, 02:01 PM
As the others have said, GP5 won't get you that far soundwise. However, there's a program called Progression that sounds alot better and appears to be a tab program. From the demos on the web site it sounds pretty cool. However I have not tried this program myself so I can't vouch for the quality or anything.

/Marcus

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 14 2008, 02:17 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jun 14 2008, 09:11 AM) *

You could use a program non specific to guitar- but for composing other instruments such as orchestral instruments- i used to use one in school but i can't remember the name.

Might have been a version of Sibelius DeepRoots? Sibelius isn't a cheap option but you can use samples from the NI Kontaktl libraries. Sibelius do a guitar orientated version G7. Here's the info on it.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Kapto
Jun 14 2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks to all!
Very helpful information. I'll check it out

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 14 2008, 07:21 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jun 14 2008, 02:17 PM) *
Might have been a version of Sibelius DeepRoots? Sibelius isn't a cheap option but you can use samples from the NI Kontaktl libraries. Sibelius do a guitar orientated version G7. Here's the info on it.

Yes! Thats the one! Right, i'm getting that tattoed on my arm so i wont forget its name for the thousandth time ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:33 PM