> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Hand Synch, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

SpiritCrusher
Feb 10 2015, 06:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Hand Synch by Ben Higgins

Been practicing this for months :D It really helps my AP.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53478

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2015, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Ozzy! Great to see you working hard on your alternate picking technique.

I can notice a big improvement in your hands sync and in your alternate picking technique. This lesson is really helping to polish your technique. I can say that your sync is close to be perfect and that there are only some timing issues mostly when you play the faster sections. (starting at 0:03, and at 00:22). It would be also good to try to pick stronger with your right hand, and also differentiate the first of each 3 triples to give the rhythm more clarity.

I think that you should continue working on this one to adjust timing but also start any other lesson based on this technique. Let me know if you need help choosing.

Cheers,

Gab.-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 11 2015, 07:50 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 12 2015, 09:16 PM
Instructor
Hey mate!

I am with Gabi on this one and in order not to repeat what he said, I think that you need to mentally be aware of the rhythmic subdivisions you are playing and anticipate them better in order to become more and more confident in executing them. Whenever I know a piece very well, I become very confident and it can really be felt in the playing.

Take the time to slow it down and focus on playing it as rhythmic and articulated as possible and after that, raise the tempo while keeping the same spirit when playing it.

Keep rocking mate!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 13 2015, 03:08 PM
Instructor
Hey dude, this is really good.

During the opening run you are just a little bit in front of the beat... rushing a little. Maybe excitement at playing my lesson ? wink.gif

The timing and hand coordination are really good for the rest of the piece. The alternate picking technique itself is really moving forward in the right direction.

As my comrade say, the next step when working on alternate picking is making sure you're getting good articulation and tone. So.. tonal considerations come after you've learned the basics. Some notes you may choose to pick harder than others, especially if they're the first note of a run. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 15 2015, 07:08 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:12 PM