2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hey Ben
Slammer
Aug 18 2007, 01:46 AM
GMC:er
When can we Expect some more Lessons from you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Aug 18 2007, 03:51 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Hello Slammer!

Im hoping beginning of september, ive got alot of work on at the moment, but i am hopefully doing a collaboration soon so that should keep you going?!!

Im a music student at uni so i still have some work left over, which explains the delay i hope smile.gif !

Sorry to keep you waiting!

-Ben

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by benhowell: Aug 18 2007, 03:52 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slammer
Aug 18 2007, 04:08 AM
QUOTE (benhowell @ Aug 17 2007, 10:51 PM) *
Hello Slammer!

Im hoping beginning of september, ive got alot of work on at the moment, but i am hopefully doing a collaboration soon so that should keep you going?!!

Im a music student at uni so i still have some work left over, which explains the delay i hope smile.gif !

Sorry to keep you waiting!

-Ben

Cool, can't wait!

+Quote Post
bart m
Sep 7 2007, 02:49 AM
I'm also looking forward to more lessons from you Ben...that E9 Vamp lesson is really cool...reminds me of Steely Dan. The tricky part of the lesson is not that it is too technically challenging...just enough...but its the phrasing and timeing(especially since there is no guitar pro tab) that's giving me the challenge. But the challenge is good. Getting caught up in technique is not so helpful if one's phrasing and timeing aren't developed properly.
peace.
bart

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 14 2007, 09:36 AM
QUOTE (bart m @ Sep 7 2007, 01:49 AM) *
I'm also looking forward to more lessons from you Ben...that E9 Vamp lesson is really cool...reminds me of Steely Dan. The tricky part of the lesson is not that it is too technically challenging...just enough...but its the phrasing and timeing(especially since there is no guitar pro tab) that's giving me the challenge. But the challenge is good. Getting caught up in technique is not so helpful if one's phrasing and timeing aren't developed properly.
peace.
bart

I also really enjoyed and learned alot from that lesson.

Cant wait for more lessons.

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Sep 15 2007, 04:39 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Hey Bart and Robin,

Thanks for your kind words.

I have another lesson on the way in a different format, but it will be explained soon!

All the best,

-Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 15 2007, 05:03 AM
QUOTE (benhowell @ Sep 14 2007, 11:39 PM) *
Hey Bart and Robin,

Thanks for your kind words.

I have another lesson on the way in a different format, but it will be explained soon!

All the best,

-Ben

Ben
Your killing me here having to wait fo your next lesson laugh.gif .I need your Jazz/Fussion lessons to help me mix all these styles into what will be my own style smile.gif I'd really like to here you rip on the guitar one lesson and show what you really got,cause i know you gotta be awesome biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 16 2007, 05:27 AM
Lets go fishing!
The E9 Vamp lesson was bloomin awsome!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Sep 16 2007, 09:14 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Thankyou Matt-I hope to do many more similar topics!

Hows the hunt for the Overdrive going?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 23 2007, 08:58 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (benhowell @ Sep 16 2007, 09:14 PM) *
Thankyou Matt-I hope to do many more similar topics!

Hows the hunt for the Overdrive going?

hi Ben!!
Great, i settled on the Keeley Electronics Boss DS1-Ultra - http://www.robertkeeley.co.uk/distort_ds1ultra.htm

This pedal is really awsome - I came across it by chance. They completely rework the pedal and add there Ultra mods! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 23 2007, 11:52 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 23 2007, 03:58 PM) *
hi Ben!!
Great, i settled on the Keeley Electronics Boss DS1-Ultra - http://www.robertkeeley.co.uk/distort_ds1ultra.htm

This pedal is really awsome - I came across it by chance. They completely rework the pedal and add there Ultra mods! biggrin.gif

Heh, I just got one of those too smile.gif Looking forward to playing with my tube amp to see how it alters the tone.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Sep 24 2007, 12:20 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Nice one Matt-Glad you got what you wanted!

The keeley pedals have a great reputation so its good to hear they live up to it!

How is it different to the normal one?

-Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 24 2007, 02:19 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (benhowell @ Sep 24 2007, 12:20 AM) *
Nice one Matt-Glad you got what you wanted!

The keeley pedals have a great reputation so its good to hear they live up to it!

How is it different to the normal one?

-Ben

In sooo many ways Ben biggrin.gif little to zero extra noise so no hissing, no "fizz" which i found really annoying with stock pedals. The sound i can only describe as bloomin awsome!! on the "seeing eye" setting you get a fantastic rich tone - every note stands out clear and its very musical sounding.

On the ultra mod its a killer FAT tone, it just howls and screams - awsome! biggrin.gif

Its definatly the right perscripton for use with a tube amp - when i overdrive the amp naturally and use the pedal your in for a shred fest!!! I like to go bananas with my tapping paul gilbert style and it sounds great! bends and vibrato never sounded so clear whilst destorted,

Needless to say im saving up for the Keeley TS9-808 which is very pricey but i reckon worth it !! I will probably run that pedal and my fantastic DS1 in tandem for hotrod tones! cool.gif

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 23 2007, 11:52 PM) *
Heh, I just got one of those too smile.gif Looking forward to playing with my tube amp to see how it alters the tone.

your going to love that badboy blink.gif I can see andrew now rocking away laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Sep 24 2007, 02:41 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Haha look slike a happy camper then!

I havnt tried one out unfortunately, would love to try one, especially for all things 'rock'!

Glad you got it sorted, did you get yours used or new?

-Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 24 2007, 03:03 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Yea - big welcome to the Keeley Pedal owners club Matt biggrin.gif .

And Ben - definitely get a Keeley - whichever one, all the ones I've tried are great biggrin.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Sep 24 2007, 03:04 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Haha Tony-I expect i shall do at some point, especially for rock playing.

They get great reviews all the time so they must be worth lookin at, i hope they dont sound tinny and thin like alot of Boss pedals do to my ears.

-Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 24 2007, 03:34 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (benhowell @ Sep 24 2007, 02:41 AM) *
Haha look slike a happy camper then!

I havnt tried one out unfortunately, would love to try one, especially for all things 'rock'!

Glad you got it sorted, did you get yours used or new?

-Ben

I bought it new from keeley direct! they were very helpful, and responded in no time. I really CANT WAIT to buy the Tube screamer!! smile.gif

Dont think boss anymore - think Keeley! they replace all the cheap components with high quality stuff, then add there own mods to it as well!!

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 24 2007, 03:03 AM) *
Yea - big welcome to the Keeley Pedal owners club Matt biggrin.gif .

And Ben - definitely get a Keeley - whichever one, all the ones I've tried are great biggrin.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony

Do i get a badge Tony? blink.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Sep 24 2007, 03:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Sep 24 2007, 03:36 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Ah right i see-it sounds very interesting.

How interesting, il check the website to see further into what they do-perhaps ypou can post some clips matt?!

-Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 24 2007, 04:58 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Sadly no badge Matt - but you do get to wear a big smile every time you turn the Keeley on biggrin.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 24 2007, 05:32 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 23 2007, 11:58 PM) *
Sadly no badge Matt - but you do get to wear a big smile every time you turn the Keeley on biggrin.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

I get emails from Mr Keeley himself after every purchase - they are so nice to do business with!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:03 PM