A Free Pedal Every Month/a Free Amp Every Year, No tricks, no gimmicks
Mudbone
Apr 27 2012, 04:20 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Have you ever stopped to think of how much money you waste on things you don't need or really want? Just a quick tour around your house will prove to you how much useless stuff you waste your money on. A bottle of Coke here, a Snickers wrapper there, and cup of Starbucks coffee sitting on your desk. Eating out instead of packing a lunch. Smoking cigarettes and drinking too much beer (if there is such a thing as drinking too much beer tongue.gif). Spending money on all this useless stuff adds up, and it adds up fast.

Lets say that you spend roughly $5 a day on this stuff. Five dollars doesn't seem like a lot of money to spend. But lets multiply that $5 by seven to estimate how much you spend in a week on useless stuff. Thats $35 a week. For one month that figure balloons to $150. For one year its $1825. That is a staggering amount of money to waste. Even if you cut your daily expenditures by just $3, you will save $1095 a year. Just think of all the guitar gear you could purchase with that money.

Keep this in mind next time you decide to buy a Twinkie or Ring Ding at the gas station.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
maharzan
Apr 27 2012, 04:30 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I cannot even imagine how much stuff I have bought but haven't really used it, once or twice maybe. I am just in the thought that I don't have to ask someone if I need them but guess what, some items, I have never used it. sad.gif Just lately I bought a pico projector, hoping to use it on presentations and friday night movies at home. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 27 2012, 02:06 PM
QUOTE (maharzan @ Apr 26 2012, 11:30 PM) *
I cannot even imagine how much stuff I have bought but haven't really used it, once or twice maybe. I am just in the thought that I don't have to ask someone if I need them but guess what, some items, I have never used it. sad.gif Just lately I bought a pico projector, hoping to use it on presentations and friday night movies at home. smile.gif

There's a new Samsung phone with a projector in it, which will probably make those pico projectors obsolete sad.gif

--------------------

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 27 2012, 05:24 PM
Instructor
Great thinking mate! This is a really good method to use our money in a more effective way. There is some people that needs it and there some people that doesn't but it really works!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 27 2012, 05:41 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Agreed. Except on the beer. laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 28 2012, 02:45 AM
Instructor
Man it's impossible to stop buying useless stuff smile.gif You will spend your money on it no matter what! I quit smoking a few weeks ago and have much more money in my wallet now, so it's a good thing!!!!
Also cutting off soda and candy bars sounds like a good idea too smile.gif
But I don't think saving on food is as good! Because eating too cheap will ruin your health and you will end up spending more money on doctors in the end of the day!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 28 2012, 04:48 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I spend about $25 a week for lunch and food at work.

I'll sacrifice that pedal, or that amp, 'cause I have done the eat nothing at work and only eat one meal a day for a bout 1 year, and its just horrible. Sometimes the little extra cash is worth it to be a bit more comfortable in life.

You'd be surprised how calming knowing you can buy a burger or snack if you wanted to is, even if you dont. Its better than worrying if you will be able to eat that day or not.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Apr 28 2012, 04:50 AM
QUOTE (Fran @ Apr 27 2012, 04:41 PM) *
Agreed. Except on the beer. laugh.gif

+1

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 28 2012, 08:00 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 27 2012, 11:48 PM) *
I spend about $25 a week for lunch and food at work.

I'll sacrifice that pedal, or that amp, 'cause I have done the eat nothing at work and only eat one meal a day for a bout 1 year, and its just horrible. Sometimes the little extra cash is worth it to be a bit more comfortable in life.

You'd be surprised how calming knowing you can buy a burger or snack if you wanted to is, even if you dont. Its better than worrying if you will be able to eat that day or not.

I'm also guilty of spending money on eating out. I'm definitely one of the most gluttonous people in America, right after Rosie O'Donnell. But I do try to pack a lunch, just because I save so much money by doing so. Of course, once I start earning more money I'll be buying donuts for myself and everyone else biggrin.gif

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 28 2012, 08:46 AM
Learning Roadie
Such a simple concept, but true. Just don't buy all those little things so much. Yep, there's a few things I wish I had not bought.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2012, 06:38 PM
Instructor
Well, let's just say that I am pretty careful when spending money usually tongue.gif I don't wanna see myself as being cheap laugh.gif but I'd rather save a bit and buy something which will help me in whatever I am doing, be it music or something else, then buy all sorts of useful things biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 3 2012, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Apr 28 2012, 08:00 AM) *
Of course, once I start earning more money I'll be buying donuts for myself and everyone else biggrin.gif

Hey, did I hear someone calling my name ????? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 4 2012, 09:59 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 3 2012, 01:23 PM) *
Hey, did I hear someone calling my name ????? tongue.gif

I was looking for a gourmet donut shop yesterday and I instantly associated your face with it lool biggrin.gif

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 5 2012, 10:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ May 4 2012, 09:59 PM) *
I was looking for a gourmet donut shop yesterday and I instantly associated your face with it lool biggrin.gif

Haha, that's what I like to hear ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Ben! I am alone with the dogs these days, as all my family has left towards the mountain house smile.gif and guess what I bought yesterday, completely unconscious biggrin.gif DONUTS! Covered with chocolate and chocolate chips! tongue.gif mmmmmmmm and muffins! Do you like muffins, man?

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 6 2012, 09:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 5 2012, 05:50 PM) *
Ben! I am alone with the dogs these days, as all my family has left towards the mountain house smile.gif and guess what I bought yesterday, completely unconscious biggrin.gif DONUTS! Covered with chocolate and chocolate chips! tongue.gif mmmmmmmm and muffins! Do you like muffins, man?

Gimme a few hours and I'll be right there !!! biggrin.gif

Do you want me to pick anything up along the way ?? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2012, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Well, I just finished everything yesterday evening laugh.gif so if you decide to drop by, you should definitely come with a big bag full of donuts biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:10 PM