Worried About Recording
carminemarotta
Feb 23 2012, 02:17 PM
GMC:er
Hi all
I need your help. I want to use the great feature here at GMC to use the rec program. However I am really really shy and really really worried. I play only with and for myself, so never care about performing. I am really afraid to post my take, mostly because they sound bad (I play really badly but when the camera is on I even play worse). Can you give me any suggestion?

Thanks
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bossie
Feb 23 2012, 02:40 PM
Have no fear ...besides.. everybody played poorly in the beginning.
So no need to feel a bit shy about posting...in the end it will help you a lot...

And maybe you're better then you think....just remember every guitarist has been
in your position...good luck !!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bossie: Feb 23 2012, 02:41 PM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Feb 23 2012, 02:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think this is a great link for this thread...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...age:GMC_156.gif

Also, as previously stated, everyone has been there at one point or another. The only way to get over it is to do it! The same goes for performing on stage!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 23 2012, 03:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Start recording yourself more, you'll get more comfortable playing to the camera.

Create your own Rockstar personality. No one here knows you, you can be whoever you like!!!!!!

Plus you are probably not as bad as you think. You are your worst critic.

Here more than any other place I've been online, people gives honest, positive feedback that will help you improve. They won't lie and say you're amazing if you aren't but they will tell you what you did well and the bits that need some attention and how to improve them.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 23 2012, 04:03 PM
Only by submitting videos of your playing will you be able to get the most help. By submitting videos you will become more confident when playing infront of others, and when you want to record a song or some ideas, it'll take you less takes.

It's similar to lifting at the gym, do you really think that the huge guy in the rack cares how much or little you can lift? Nope, he's concentrating on his own routine. As people have pointed out, GMC is known for positive feedback - just dive in and click submit! As long as you've worked hard on the lesson before submitting it, you shouldn't feel embarrassed.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 23 2012, 04:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Great advice in this thread. I have the same problem about getting "tight" when I press record. I think just getting through it helps. I've only done 2 REC videos so far but I will say that the 2nd one felt better than the first and I'm assuming that trend will continue.

I also tend to make weird faces and sound out the notes with my mouth, which is just bizarre but I do it subconsciously. Thing is though, nobody here cares. This place is full of positivity and encouragement so I would just dive in head first if I were you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Feb 23 2012, 09:13 PM
Apprentice Roadie
We are our own worst critics. smile.gif I've submitted stuff that I was not happy with at. I've passed some REC's, I have had to re-do some REC's, but I've never failed a REC. Did you get that statement? smile.gif Just by putting it on there is working towards your goal. I've only had one that I even remotely showed my face on (it's on the practice board, not REC). However, I hope to someday be confident enough, even to the point of giving Cosmin's patented stare at the end! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Feb 23 2012, 09:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
Apart from what the other guys have already said, I just want to add the following.

Going from 1 to 2 "only" means doubling what you already achieved. Going from 0 to 1 means you achieved infinitely more than before.

What this means is, once you have taken the first step, things will be much easier subsequently.

H4H

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 23 2012, 11:18 PM
You gotta start somewhere right? I've never been involved in a more supportive community than here @ GMC. I"d say post away. The feedback you will get in rec will all be constructive. Go for it! smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Feb 23 2012, 08:17 AM) *
Hi all
I need your help. I want to use the great feature here at GMC to use the rec program. However I am really really shy and really really worried. I play only with and for myself, so never care about performing. I am really afraid to post my take, mostly because they sound bad (I play really badly but when the camera is on I even play worse). Can you give me any suggestion?

Thanks
Carmine

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 23 2012, 11:30 PM
Instructor
Don't be shy, there's no reason! Let us to inform you of all the secrets of playing guitar, but it can't be done without your help,so grab your axe and play wink.gif !!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:11 PM