Wisdom Solo, Phrygian Scale
Jorge
Apr 6 2009, 08:55 PM
GMC:er
Hi Mr Galambos.
Congratulation for you technique.
I did see your leeson in the Wisdom Solo and I would like to know why the third note in the Fhrygian scale, this note is about "Hirajoshi" scale feel?
you know the third note is one tone but you put in note more half, why?
the sound is cool, but I want to learn it
How you construct it?

And
I like the George Lynch´s technique, he is a wonderful guitar man for me

Can you put up some of him or his technique? in GMC is little that you can find of his technique.
I like full the solo of the song Dream Warrior and the song In My Dream, the scale that he make at final of solo is mind-bending.
I did can see that he open much the fingers of his left hand to do the scales.

Thanks Mr Galambos for your contributions, I will see your band and I will send may commentary
Jorge González
Caracas

Ibanez Prestidge, Ibanez RG350, Jakson Custom
Processor BOSS GT-6
Marhall Amps & Fender Amps

cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
JRockGonzalez
Caracas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 7 2009, 11:07 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
QUOTE (Jorge @ Apr 6 2009, 08:55 PM) *
Hi Mr Galambos.
Congratulation for you technique.
I did see your leeson in the Wisdom Solo and I would like to know why the third note in the Fhrygian scale, this note is about "Hirajoshi" scale feel?
you know the third note is one tone but you put in note more half, why?
the sound is cool, but I want to learn it
How you construct it?

And
I like the George Lynch´s technique, he is a wonderful guitar man for me

Can you put up some of him or his technique? in GMC is little that you can find of his technique.
I like full the solo of the song Dream Warrior and the song In My Dream, the scale that he make at final of solo is mind-bending.
I did can see that he open much the fingers of his left hand to do the scales.

Thanks Mr Galambos for your contributions, I will see your band and I will send may commentary
Jorge González
Caracas

Ibanez Prestidge, Ibanez RG350, Jakson Custom
Processor BOSS GT-6
Marhall Amps & Fender Amps

cool.gif

Hi Jorge!

Nice to hear that you like this solo smile.gif Now to answer your questions:

* Yes, it's all about the Hirayoshi sounding scale smile.gif I really like how these Japanese scales sound like. I use them quite a lot actually. The ascendig part is in A# lydian, but I left out the second and the sixth note of the scale, so I have achieved a very exotic and Japaneese soundig scale.
The other way to understand these is to learn all the exotic scales, how they work and how you can use them. The way I approach these is if I have a power chord that has 2 notes, say A and E, you can use every scale that has these two notes in it. If you have a chord progression there are some limits, as you have to concentrate more about what key and scale is it, but still you can use a wide range of exotic scales to achieve a tonality you like. It's all about what you feel inside, what you want to communicate through your music.
* George Lych is one of my favorite guitar players as well. I have already done a solo to cover his style, I just have to finish the video and to publish it to GMC.

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:40 AM