> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Marty Mustaine Style Lesson, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

stephanegeiser
Feb 12 2012, 10:24 AM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Marty Mustaine Style Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Sorry fot the bad quality of the video it is an old one,.. I know it is not perfect take ;) and thanks for this excellent REC program

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 12 2012, 11:51 AM
Instructor
Cool take Stephane smile.gif

You've got some good technique.. the only thing that really needs work is tightening up the hand synchronisation and timing. Although your picking hand is fast, it sometimes runs away with itself and goes quicker than the backing track so just tighten up the technique that you already possess ! Good work cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 12 2012, 03:07 PM
Instructor
I think you certainly made a good effort on this one, it's a hard piece and you tried to play it best way possible. The thing is, you really need to spend more time on it. As you said it's not perfect, but it's only because you need to slow things down and play it very precise first, and then speed up the tempo.

Bending needs to be more precisely in pitch, and so does vibrato. Picking so fast requires every note to be heard clearly, and with proper timing. Try working on those things a bit.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 12 2012, 08:21 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Very nice effort on this one! It's a difficult one and it looks like your technique CAN handle it, but as the guys said, give yourself a little more time to practice this and tighten it up! All the best and keep up the good work!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2012, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! This is one of my favourite lessons among mines. smile.gif
It's a difficult lesson. There are some parts played perfectly but some of the faster passages need some more work yet. You have to work on your alternate picking technique to make both hand synchronize when you are playing. Also that last 2 strings sweeps is played with a different rhythm in your take. Check it out. Your vibrato is really good, and the 3 strings sweeps are also really well played. Regarding your bends, you make them sound very confident but there are some of them a bit out of pitch. You are on the right track, keep on working hard! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 13 2012, 11:43 AM
Instructor
Very good attempt ! It's obvious that you have technique required for this song, but you are in a hurry smile.gif . Try to take things slow down a bit. Pay special attention to the fast solo parts, as still you don't have a 100 % coordination of both hands,but you'll quickly fix that with a little more effort. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 13 2012, 03:22 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
6.6 on this attempt, keep at it!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:28 PM