In The Style Of Vivian Campbell, lesson request
Wh33Lz
Apr 30 2008, 08:13 AM
GMC:er
I'd love to see a lesson in the style of vivian campbell. I'm particularly interested in his lead work for DIO back in the day. Thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 30 2008, 08:25 AM
I love Vivian's guitar work on Dio's albums, I love Dio period. smile.gif I'd love to see this as well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 30 2008, 09:54 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Yea I`m a huge Viv Campbell fan, especially the Dio days, on the side I have been working on a "In the style of Vivian Campbell" lesson for the Student Instructor boards, but I`d love to see an Instructor do one as they will do it a lot more justice than myself! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 30 2008, 01:17 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Vivian ruled back when he was with Dio, he was one of my fave players back then.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
iainsteward
Apr 30 2008, 01:29 PM
Dio Rocks, even now with the brilliant Doug Aldrich playing for him!! Its a shame that Dio and Vivian parted ways and now do nothing but slag each other off, I thought Vivian was a great fit for the band. I also loved his work with Hear'N Aid and S.T.A.R.S. the charity record with a whole heap of great artists and guitarists, if no-one has heard of it before here is one of the songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZktrrqT1A0

Theres also a great video showing the guitarists who played on it, and showing some of the solo's that didnt make it onto the final cut, you can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N51ecbcEYTU...feature=related

I love the part when Don Dokken comes in hehe!! And the Malmsteen part of the solo is INSANE with a capital INSANE! But back on-topic It would be great to have a Vivian Campbell lesson, especially if it worked over something similar to the Rainbow In The Dark solo, I love that solo!!

This post has been edited by iainsteward: Apr 30 2008, 01:31 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:55 PM