Tapping Noise, can't stop the noise!
Kizaze44
Jan 17 2008, 10:51 PM
GMC:er
Marcus,

I really appreciate the way you incorporate tapping licks in our solos - exactly the way I'd like to it. After much practice, I can manage to get all my fingers in the right places and do some cool licks like the one you do in "Evening Blues". However, I can't seem to shake the noise when moving from one string to another - especially going from the b to e strings when doing a minor scale tapping run.

How does one mute that darned string if your right hand is busy tapping?? Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

-Kizaze

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 18 2008, 10:16 AM
Instructor
Hi Kizaze, and thank you! smile.gif

Well, first I must say that I haven't studied much how other guitarists do this, so I can only tell you how I do it. I guess there are few different ways though...

Anyways, my answer is really simple: - Mute the string with your left hand on those notes, instead of the right hand. I know that's easier said than done, especially when going to the E-string from the B-string smile.gif

So when I'm on the E-string, I try to very very slightly touch [read: mute] the B-string with the top of my left hand index finger.

If you want, I can try to take a photo of it so you also can see what I'm talking about. smile.gif

-Marcus

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:06 PM