> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Quadrium’s Technique & Creativity Works, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2012, 04:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This is your personal thread for the Gab's Army Mentoring Project! Here is were our musical journey begins... smile.gif

Please post here all the info about you that you think that you think important to be known by me. Also post all your musical tastes, your goals as a musician and your expectations about being part of the Army. Please post some links of you playing solo and rhythm guitar. An also please tell me what things are you working with Ben and Cosmin.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... ph34r.gif )

So, thanks for choosing me man! Let's begin to rock! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 22 2012, 09:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Gab,

First of all thanks for this awesome oppurnity man smile.gif I play rock/metal mostly. But lately i've been into blues smile.gif My weakest technique is sweep picking. I'd like to learn it asap biggrin.gif Also i want to work on my legato/vibrato and need some ear training for finding the key and chord progressions. And of course i want to write more complex tunes and improve my songwriting :)As for my lessons with Bensei and C-Maestro, i am training AP accuracy with Bensei and rhythm tightness and timing with C-Maestro smile.gif And here are some of my videos smile.gif SAlso i am putting a link for you to hear my songs smile.gif Cannot wait to start biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Dogukan.

http://soundcloud.com/quadrium1/sets/upcoming-album-demos

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by quadrium: Feb 22 2012, 11:18 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2012, 08:24 AM
Instructor
Hi Quadium! Thanks for all the info about you and the quantity of videos. I can note that the problems appears when you play fast ideas, no matter if it's AP, Legato or Sweep Picking. You already have a strong technique, so now it's time to build speed.
As you are already working with Ben and Cosmin some techniques, we will start with the one that you said that is one of your weakness: Sweep Picking.

Technique Work:

First we will work on my last Vchat session exercises. On this one I shared some of the most used 2 strings shapes for sweep picking. I thinkthat starting with 2 strings arpeggios is the best way to master this technique.

LESSON #8 – RIGHT HAND V / SWEEP PICKING (2 strings arpeggios)

Work on this exercises and record yourself playing it in 6 days. Concentrate on the sound, the volume of each note (it should be the same for each note), not on the speed. Play it the faster than you can but the limit must be when you start to loose clearness.

Creativity Work:

The second part of this week's assignment is to use the major and minor 2 strings arpeggios to create a Sweep Picking Etude based on this chord progression.

(Am - Dm - G - C) x 2

Every chord lasts 4 beats and you can play a different position over each beat. If it's possible record yourself playing it, if you don't feel comfortable enough with the technique you can post a guitar pro file.

Let me know if you understand what I'm asking you to do...

This would be all for this week. Do you think that you'll be able to have all the videos by the next Wednesday?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 24 2012, 12:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 23 2012, 07:24 AM) *
Hi Quadium! Thanks for all the info about you and the quantity of videos. I can note that the problems appears when you play fast ideas, no matter if it's AP, Legato or Sweep Picking. You already have a strong technique, so now it's time to build speed.
As you are already working with Ben and Cosmin some techniques, we will start with the one that you said that is one of your weakness: Sweep Picking.

Technique Work:

First we will work on my last Vchat session exercises. On this one I shared some of the most used 2 strings shapes for sweep picking. I thinkthat starting with 2 strings arpeggios is the best way to master this technique.

LESSON #8 – RIGHT HAND V / SWEEP PICKING (2 strings arpeggios)

Work on this exercises and record yourself playing it in 6 days. Concentrate on the sound, the volume of each note (it should be the same for each note), not on the speed. Play it the faster than you can but the limit must be when you start to loose clearness.

Creativity Work:

The second part of this week's assignment is to use the major and minor 2 strings arpeggios to create a Sweep Picking Etude based on this chord progression.

(Am - Dm - G - C) x 2

Every chord lasts 4 beats and you can play a different position over each beat. If it's possible record yourself playing it, if you don't feel comfortable enough with the technique you can post a guitar pro file.

Let me know if you understand what I'm asking you to do...

This would be all for this week. Do you think that you'll be able to have all the videos by the next Wednesday?

Got it Gab smile.gif But if you extend the deadline little more it'd be great since i am preparing some videos for Berklee summer scholarship. It will be finished until March 1st them i am gonna finish my assignment smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2012, 07:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (quadrium @ Feb 23 2012, 08:56 PM) *
Got it Gab smile.gif But if you extend the deadline little more it'd be great since i am preparing some videos for Berklee summer scholarship. It will be finished until March 1st them i am gonna finish my assignment smile.gif

Sure mate! What videos are you preparing? Do you need some help with it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 7 2012, 05:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Gab,

I'm sorry because i couldn't be able to stay in touch for a while. My internet has been gone but it now fixed and i'm ready to roll smile.gif I've finished the videos for Berklee and i am happy about the work i've done smile.gif I'm gonna start my assignments right now and i will shoot some videos in 3-4 days smile.gif

Cheerio,
Dogukan.

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2012, 07:14 PM
Instructor
It sounds great! Thanks for the update mate! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
quadrium
Mar 15 2012, 02:06 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Gab,

Here are the assignments. It's been really tough to play these. Hope you can help me to improve my sound. Especially muting the strings are affecting my sound.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  assignment_1.mp3 ( 1.9MB ) Number of downloads: 110
Attached File  assignment_2.mp3 ( 1.9MB ) Number of downloads: 109

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2012, 02:36 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Good job! The sound that you are getting is perfect! I should check your right hand movement to see if everything is ok, but the sound is good. You have to be patient with this technique. Try to play the positions slowly and using metronome, repeat them many time every day and after some days you will note a big improvement. Let's add the two strings sweeping Etude that Yngwie plays on this song as a new exercise for this technique, don't worry about speed, just to to make it sound continued and clean.

Could you please record a video playing one of these assignments slowly?

at 02:19.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:56 PM