Alex Feather
Feb 26 2012, 02:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 25 2012, 10:03 AM) *
Here's mine:

And here's a review of the actual pedalboard (surface):
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...100_Mini_Review

There are also mini reviews of all pedals in there in our wiki cool.gif

Cool! I like your pedals! What is this green pedal? is it Vox?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 26 2012, 07:01 AM
Instructor
Here is Steve Vai's pedalboard and gear!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Feb 26 2012, 07:01 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2012, 09:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 25 2012, 10:03 AM) *
Here's mine:

And here's a review of the actual pedalboard (surface):
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...100_Mini_Review

There are also mini reviews of all pedals in there in our wiki cool.gif

Ahaaa that Red one biggrin.gif The Satchurator - in my group of friends we're having loads of fun because of it tongue.gif one of my mates in Mozart Rocks had to use one on short notice, because his rig went down right before the gig and was dancing around the stage because he just couldn't manage to press the switch tongue.gif since that - the story with the red pedal biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Feb 24 2012, 04:45 PM) *
Looks cool man! I like your line 6 pedal! It's very cool!
About delay I would suggest line 6 (Don't remember the model but it's a big green pedal) It sounds amazing!

I wanna get rid of the Line 6 pedal I have right now - it's the most unreliable thing in live playing... You have to REALLY STEP ON IT to make it work...

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 26 2012, 10:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Feb 26 2012, 06:01 AM) *
Here is Steve Vai's pedalboard and gear!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Wow!! He still uses a Zoom 9030????
I have 2 of those and don't really use them!!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 26 2012, 01:55 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Feb 26 2012, 02:28 AM) *
Cool! I like your pedals! What is this green pedal? is it Vox?

Yeah it's a delay, called time machine. Does a good job smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Feb 26 2012, 02:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Don't know if this has been up before.. but here is "John Petrucci", explaining his rig.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 26 2012, 06:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 26 2012, 12:55 PM) *
Yeah it's a delay, called time machine. Does a good job smile.gif

Cool! How do you lie it? It's not a tap tempo right?

+Quote Post
derper
Feb 27 2012, 12:48 AM
Learning Tone Master

Beat THAT!! It's David Byrne's (Talking Heads) art piece.....it's not really used as a live rig. I saw a video for this, and you can walk across the whole thing to make different sounds. Once again, it's an "art piece", and not used to actually play live.

At work so I can't take a pic, but I use....

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal: I LOVE to have an extra 10% to give at all times, for live shows. Screw the sound guy, I always hold back during soundcheck!!

Seymour Duncan Pickup Boost: A GREAT, and cheap clean boost. I leave it on all of the time.

Crybaby wah: Standard. Must have for funk.

Boss Octave Pedal: OC2 I think? If it works for Eric Krasno (Soulive), it's good enough for me!! LOVE it!!

HBE Power Screamer: Can't say enough about how much I love this pedal, as opposed to a "tube screamer". So awesome. Worth the extra $$.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2012, 01:55 AM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 26 2012, 04:50 AM) *
Wow!! He still uses a Zoom 9030????
I have 2 of those and don't really use them!!
smile.gif

Steven has always been about the playing over the gear which you have to give him credit for. He uses one of his signature distortion stomp boxes for boost. I've tried this pedal and it's basically a pretty standard Ibanez overdrive paired with another fairly standard ibanez distortion. Neither one very distinctive in terms of tone and far below the punch/grit of the old green tube screamer. But as it is VAI honestly, it's mostly about the wah wah, the whammy bar and Steve Vai himself. smile.gif

Attached Image

My current pedal board is still the crusty DIGITECH GNX3 which was all the rage with Metal Heads for it's crazy gain and spot on tube screamer emulator. I keep it around most for use as a preamp as the amp modeling in it is quite good and using it in the chain before Guitar Rig for example, makes software emulation a lot more convincing.

I actually use it on a mixer stand in the studio to have acces to the controls, as shown here below the keyboard.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 27 2012, 11:45 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 27 2012, 12:55 AM) *
Steven has always been about the playing over the gear which you have to give him credit for. He uses one of his signature distortion stomp boxes for boost. I've tried this pedal and it's basically a pretty standard Ibanez overdrive paired with another fairly standard ibanez distortion. Neither one very distinctive in terms of tone and far below the punch/grit of the old green tube screamer. But as it is VAI honestly, it's mostly about the wah wah, the whammy bar and Steve Vai himself. smile.gif

A very good point Todd! I was the same in the 80's when all my friends were starting to use multi's i was still 'stomping' away!!
I also tried that Jemini and, although it does make nice sounds, I didn't think that there were any tonal advantages of having it instead of the two separate Ibanez pedals!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 27 2012, 12:55 AM) *
My current pedal board is still the crusty DIGITECH GNX3 which was all the rage with Metal Heads for it's crazy gain and spot on tube screamer emulator. I keep it around most for use as a preamp as the amp modeling in it is quite good and using it in the chain before Guitar Rig for example, makes software emulation a lot more convincing.

I actually use it on a mixer stand in the studio to have acces to the controls, as shown here below the keyboard.

So, you use the Amp Modelling in the GNX and then the Cabinets and Rack in GR, or do you add an Amp in GR as well?
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 27 2012, 04:32 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Feb 26 2012, 06:39 PM) *
Cool! How do you lie it? It's not a tap tempo right?

Oh, yes it has tap tempo. It's what I use the most actually cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 27 2012, 05:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 27 2012, 03:32 PM) *
Oh, yes it has tap tempo. It's what I use the most actually cool.gif

Cool! I should look in to it! I have line 6 and it's good but way too big! So maybe I can try this one out!

+Quote Post
Jeff Lynd
Feb 27 2012, 06:31 PM
Funny looking smile.gif , but if I can play like Mark Engles does .. I' be more than happy.
(so it's not mine, Mark Engles from Dredg using)

Jeff

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
All the best!
Jeff

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 27 2012, 07:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeff Lynd @ Feb 27 2012, 05:31 PM) *
Funny looking smile.gif , but if I can play like Mark Engles does .. I' be more than happy.
(so it's not mine, Mark Engles from Dredg using)

Jeff

Wow this moog pedal is really awesome!!!

John Frusciante
from Red Hot Chilly Peppers
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jeff Lynd
Feb 27 2012, 10:14 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Feb 27 2012, 07:24 PM) *
Wow this moog pedal is really awesome!!!

John Frusciante
from Red Hot Chilly Peppers
Attached Image

wow, thanx. I lke RHCP a lot!
You know I always wondering if theres a many pedals how can anybody remember which for is which tongue.gif

Jeff

--------------------
All the best!
Jeff

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2012, 01:19 AM
Looks like i see a KLON OVERDRIVE if the BUTTERFLY EFFECT board. These pedals are hyper rare and cost $1500 each if you can find them. Here is a pic of a Klon Centaur on ebay.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 24 2012, 06:47 PM) *
So this is what makes the Butterfly Effect so awesome biggrin.gif I love that band biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 28 2012, 01:20 AM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 28 2012, 02:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 28 2012, 12:19 AM) *
Looks like i see a KLON OVERDRIVE if the BUTTERFLY EFFECT board. These pedals are hyper rare and cost $1500 each if you can find them. Here is a pic of a Klon Centaur on ebay.

Attached Image

Wow! Is it made out of gold too?
It's way too much money to pay for a pedal!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2012, 02:12 PM
Instructor
It has a special button biggrin.gif you stomp it and you can play like Guthrie in an instant biggrin.gif I'd get one just to scare Guthrie laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 28 2012, 05:10 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 28 2012, 02:12 PM) *
It has a special button biggrin.gif you stomp it and you can play like Guthrie in an instant biggrin.gif I'd get one just to scare Guthrie laugh.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 28 2012, 05:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 28 2012, 01:12 PM) *

LOL

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:30 PM