> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Sumit's Chords And Melodies
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 13 2013, 05:14 PM
Instructor
Totally AWESOME! Let's see what you got! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 5 2013, 08:01 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
hi cosmin.

i am back smile.gif

last time we were talking about creating my own music by first singing to a baking track and putting it on guitar . I totally loved the idea and it took away a lot of confusion of what to do with lot of theory about scales and an encyclopaedia of licks.

I however did not return with my own recording. Once i could see that creating my own music would not be as difficult as i thought. I then realized that it would be interesting now to do some cover songs . I then spent about one month practicing one particular section of sultans of swing solo of dire straits. now i am very close to playing it like original. also i picked up a 3 minute song on alternate picking practice by a teacher called Danny gill and am still in process of finishing it.

I am enjoying these cover songs a lot and now i am thinking of a new thing for which i need your help again.

cosmin my new idea is this - I want to combine two or three songs from Lessons of GMC and want your help regarding this.

I would be happy to do this with any lessons of diffuculty level 4 to 7.

the main idea is that there should be a continuity when moving from one song to other so that it all appears like one single solo

can you help me on this ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2013, 11:21 AM
Instructor
Hey Sumit! Welcome back man!

Sure thing, let's start with the following:

- select three lessons of the desired levels which are played in the same key (look at the text description of each lesson and see what key they are being recorded in)
- post them here and we'll take it from there smile.gif

The styles don't matter, anything goes, as long as the keys are the same wink.gif

Deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 5 2013, 12:32 PM
Cosmin 1 question

same key means - all 3 A minor
or
1 - A minor
1 - A major
1 - A dorian

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2013, 12:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Mar 5 2013, 11:32 AM) *
Cosmin 1 question

same key means - all 3 A minor
or
1 - A minor
1 - A major
1 - A dorian

It is prefferable for them to be in the key of A minor for starters smile.gif (just an example) We will deal with more complex stuff later on after we take care of this wink.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 5 2013, 01:26 PM
GMC Song 1 by Muris

GMC Song 2 by Laszlo

GMC Song 3 by Ben Nisenblat

how about these ?

This post has been edited by sumitnxt: Mar 5 2013, 04:04 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2013, 01:39 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, here's a little vid to explain my idea in a better way smile.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 6 2013, 01:56 PM
very good explanation cosmin.
i am happy that things are so simple. Please give me some time now to test the theory.
I believe i am not only going to try and link these 3 videos but try out some more ?

you are the best smile.gif
thanks

sumit

another thing do you think the end product would sound professional if the backing tracks are linked using sound mixer / editor

or do you think the end product would sound better if i record chord progressions and program a drum track that fits all 3 songs ?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2013, 01:59 PM
Instructor
Thanks man! Glad you liked it! It's entirely up to you buddy biggrin.gif but at first try to link the original tracks and then we'll see what the next step could be wink.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 7 2013, 09:42 AM
Hi cosmin

in the first video of our new idea song by muris - there is this tab that i am having difficulty understanding how to play using a pick . it looks like it is to be played by fingerpicking the strings B and D on the frets 10 and 12 . how do i play this using a single stroke of pick without hitting the G string in between. is the g string to be muted using on of the fingers of right hand ?

Em                                                             
|--3-|

---------------------------------|------------------------------|
----------8--10--10g12-----------|------------------------------|
----------------------------9p-7-|--9s---12s-9--------7br--5----|
-----7g9--L--10--10g12-----------|---------------------------7--|

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2013, 10:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Mar 7 2013, 08:42 AM) *
Hi cosmin

in the first video of our new idea song by muris - there is this tab that i am having difficulty understanding how to play using a pick . it looks like it is to be played by fingerpicking the strings B and D on the frets 10 and 12 . how do i play this using a single stroke of pick without hitting the G string in between. is the g string to be muted using on of the fingers of right hand ?

Em                                                             
|--3-|

----------8--10--10g12-----------|------------------------------|
----------------------------9p-7-|--9s---12s-9--------7br--5----|
-----7g9--L--10--10g12-----------|---------------------------7--|

Hey mate - I think it's simpler than that - use the left hand to mute the G string just like you would play the shape of an octave:

e ----------------------
B -------9--------------
G -------x--------------- <-- muted
D -------7---------------
A ----------------------
E ----------------------

Is it clearer? smile.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 7 2013, 10:55 AM
thanks cosmin
also need to help understand how to play this ?
http://www.imgzzz.com/pic/1362649991

i don't understand that the curve / arc at the top means what ?

e.g is 12 13 12 a hammeron pullof or just simple note picking

similarily 12 13 15 13 12

if its simple note picking what is the meaning of this arc above the numbers ?

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2013, 04:10 PM
Instructor
An arc above the numbers means that they are played using legato and if you notice, above the notes that are being picked, are some signs - the ones signifying down picking and up picking - lemme know if you got it, if not - a little video will do the trick aye? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 7 2013, 04:14 PM
awesome smile.gif

what would i do without you smile.gif

although i understood .. a small video to show 12 13 15 13 12 would be great smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2013, 10:53 AM
Instructor
Sure thing buddy!

Check it out:

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 8 2013, 02:45 PM
thanks cosmin ... appreciate it a lot smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2013, 10:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sumitnxt @ Mar 8 2013, 01:45 PM) *
thanks cosmin ... appreciate it a lot smile.gif

The pleasure is all mine mate - hope it all went well wink.gif

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 19 2013, 08:07 AM
hi cosmin,

i have recorded main solo part of sultans of swing on a backing track. let me know you feedback.
i was unable to upload on sound cloud so i have attached the file on the post.

rgds,

sumit

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sultans_solo.mp3 ( 2.13MB ) Number of downloads: 137

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 19 2013, 10:27 AM
Instructor
Hey Sumit!

It is starting to take some shape but you need to focus on the pitch of your bends man - because of the actual speed, you tend to leave the bends unfinished somehow - by that I mean, that you rush to be in time with the backing and you are not taking those bends up to their intended pitch.

You need to practice this slower - can you slow down the backing track and do a recording focusing on getting the correct bends?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
sumitnxt
Mar 19 2013, 11:32 AM
sure smile.gif

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:26 AM