2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Savagejt Mtp Thread, June
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 10:14 PM
Instructor
Hi man! this gonna be our mtp thread for June. I've read your introduction.
so, I will be posting your first assignment soon.
thanks for choosing me as your mentor! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 4 2010, 07:59 PM
Instructor
hey man, thank you for sent me the info by PM. it was very useful.
as you said you are stuck on the pentatonic scale, I thought this first assignment will help you to develop all the fingers needed for 3-notes-per string scales.
also, as it's not that hard, this lesson will let me know about your current level, technique, your hands' position, intonation, etc.
as you can see, below the "Final Take for..." there's no link now. there, after your first assignment, I will select a lesson you will have to work on this weeks in a side of the weekly assignment. so, this final lesson, will be a goal to reach during the month and this take must be upload to the rec program in representation of an ended phase, in this case, June phase.
any questions are welcome, and have fun!

Assignment 1
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Warming-up-with-Lian/
Final Take for REC Program

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 5 2010, 05:17 PM

+Quote Post
savagejt
Jun 5 2010, 12:14 AM
GMC:er
I can see it but when I click on it it opens a blank page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 5 2010, 05:18 PM
Instructor
sorry, I don't know what's going on! LOL... I left the full link. smile.gif

+Quote Post
savagejt
Jun 5 2010, 08:27 PM
That is what I thought you were wanting to put I started working on it last night is there any paticluar speed or do you want it just like your lesson

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 6 2010, 05:44 AM
Instructor
if you get it at the same speed as the lesson would be great. if you need to play it slower, is also ok, just find a tempo you feel comfortable to play with. goal here is to play it clean and fluent. smile.gif

+Quote Post
savagejt
Jun 7 2010, 01:42 AM
Here it is. It is not perfeect it was one talke but I figured that is what you wanted for me just to play it not to make it perfect

Jay

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Warmup.mp3 ( 1.53MB ) Number of downloads: 9

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 9 2010, 05:30 PM
Instructor
well man, great first take! the first and the second pattern are quite good, and the 3rd one has some problems.
there are some missed notes and timing problems mostly.
anyway, it give me an idea of your level. smile.gif
I was listening to your songs, both you noted to me. let me congratulate you! both are beautiful songs, specially "tribute".

so, this gonna be your next assignment:

Assignment 2
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/how-to...-series-part-1/

this lesson has some groovy feelings on it, just like your "hit the highway" so, I think you will get it soon.
also, it has some extra techniques as pinch harmonics, octaves, and some alternate picking interesting passages.

so, have fun practising and if you can upload a vid for this one, will be awesome!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 15 2010, 09:50 PM

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 15 2010, 09:51 PM
Instructor
hey man, how is it going? no rush, just I wanted to know smile.gif

+Quote Post
savagejt
Jun 16 2010, 12:40 AM
Its ready to record I just needed a video camera I am going to borrow one and then post

+Quote Post
savagejt
Jun 16 2010, 02:08 AM
Here it is sorry for the delay neded a camera

Attached File(s)
Attached File  001.AVI ( 7.14MB ) Number of downloads: 20

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2010, 04:38 PM
Instructor
hey man, very cool take smile.gif
I can't hear the bt... is it my problem? or just you didn't find a way to capture it on the video?
anyway, this is not that important.
I could see your hands and they are working great. your right hand looks tight and with good timing, your left is a lil bit behind... we have to pay attention on synchronization in this MTP.

now we're gonna fall into this solo to see how your hands go. I chose this lesson to open a door to new scales, since that was what you already asked for in your presentation.

here we have the lesson and the scale used is D major.
Trond said he's using the D Ionian scale, but in this case, these have the same notes always.

Assignment 3
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/rock_solo_nr3dmajor/

so, the chords used on the bt are

D-A-Bm-G x2
Bm-D-G-G x2
Em-G-D-D x2

hope this will be useful
have fun practising!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 17 2010, 04:40 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  D.jpg ( 33.83K ) Number of downloads: 0

+Quote Post
savagejt
Jun 18 2010, 05:50 AM
I was having issues since it was my first vid. This is a cool solo not that hard do yoiu want it video recorded or do you want it recorded audio in my DAW?

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 18 2010, 03:41 PM
Instructor
well, if you are having problems on getting a camera, I mean... if you have to borrow one, you can upload only audio for this one and the next one (3rd and 4th assignment) and then, borrow the camera once again for the final take of this phase where we'll need a video without exception.

+Quote Post
savagejt
Jul 9 2010, 03:23 AM
OK here is #3

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Assignment_3.wmv ( 15.35MB ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 14 2010, 08:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (savagejt @ Jul 8 2010, 11:23 PM) *
OK here is #3

well man, this take was really good.
it was a long lesson to learn and I can see that there are just tiny problems. specially on bends and on weak vibrato.
however, your tone and dynamics were ok wink.gif

in order to focus on these things I marked, this gonna be your next assignment.
if you got problems on this lesson, you can just submit a take until 00.55. it will let me know how you are working on bends and vibrato.
if you can, go for the whole lesson smile.gif
here you will improve a lot whatever the results be. 'cause these exercises will help you to trying your ears and musical orientation.

Assignment 4

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Wild-Bends/

have fun!

+Quote Post
savagejt
Jul 16 2010, 02:43 AM
No problem I will do the whole lesson I will start working on it

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 16 2010, 01:26 PM
Instructor
cool man, nice to hear that. just ask for whatever you need. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 20 2010, 05:37 PM
Instructor
how is it going man? no rush, just wanted to know... smile.gif

+Quote Post
savagejt
Jul 20 2010, 06:18 PM
not bad just trying to get the melody down so I can remeber it

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:46 AM