Practice Shedule, Is it a good one?
Davidian
Sep 7 2011, 05:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi!

Finally, my exams are over! biggrin.gif So now I have enough time to practice the guitar. And I made some sort of a practice shedule, so I really practice something and don't fiddle around.

I made it for about 1 or 1,30h of playing per day (I also want to use it when school starts again). I hope this'll be enough...

- Warming up (5 min): some kind of spider excercice. I do hammer-ons and pull-offs with every combination of fingers possible on every string.
CODE
E|
B|          etc...
G|
D|----------1h2-
A|-----1h2------
E|-1h2----------

And then combinations 2-3, 3-4, 1-3, ...

- Scales (5 min): Every couple of days, I'll try to learn a new scale. For example: now I'll learn the first position of the major scale and go up and down (and I'll try to not let my fingers "fly", come away from the fingerboard a lot). I learn them by heart, do random changes, skip strings, play them in thirds, ...

- Chords (10 min): I learn some new chords, and try to perfectionise the ones I know (I have some sloppy changes sad.gif )

- Alternate picking (10 min): do some excercises from Todd's Saturday Video Lessons

- Legato (10 min): practice some bends, etc. (I'll have a look into Ben's lessons)

- Practice a lesson on GMC I like or a song (rest of the time)

So, what do you guys think? How can I improve this shedule?

Thanks smile.gif

Maarten

- Legato

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:15 AM