Very Nice But Hard To Play, Djavan - Flor de lis
Gus
Sep 30 2008, 11:09 PM
GMC:er
I am relearning this brazilian song to play next week, and it always take me long time to play it (close to) right. I should keep practicing it tongue.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJsAMx0yxR4
It has nice fast tempo, and some kind of odd timing for the chord changes, and only "conventional" chords:
http://cifraclub.terra.com.br/cifras/djava...e-lis-jzkj.html

Anyway, it's a song I love, so I just wanted to share with everyone who probably don't know it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Sep 30 2008, 11:10 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chmilew
Sep 30 2008, 11:19 PM
Lovely song Gus, thanks for sharing smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 30 2008, 11:42 PM
Instructor
Great playing here. I can hear that crowd love it.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 1 2008, 12:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gus @ Oct 1 2008, 12:09 AM) *
I am relearning this brazilian song to play next week, and it always take me long time to play it (close to) right. I should keep practicing it tongue.gif
It has nice fast tempo, and some kind of odd timing for the chord changes, and only "conventional" chords:

Anyway, it's a song I love, so I just wanted to share with everyone who probably don't know it.

Beautiful song Gus!
I love Brazilian music and guitar playing. I know a lot of great guys that play Latin Jazz at Berklee and they sound pretty cool.
Great stuff man , post the recording please I want to check it out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gus
Oct 1 2008, 09:13 PM
I played it 8 times in row today and can almost do it in tempo again tongue.gif

I will play it next monday. let's see what happens live...

--------------------

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 1 2008, 09:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gus @ Oct 1 2008, 10:13 PM) *
I played it 8 times in row today and can almost do it in tempo again tongue.gif

I will play it next monday. let's see what happens live...

Cool Gus, record it and upload it please!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 2 2008, 01:20 AM
Jazz Instructor
I love brazilian pop. Cool playing.

QUOTE (Gus @ Oct 1 2008, 12:09 AM) *

Do you know to play Djavan - Te devoro?

I adore this song! It is pity that I don't know Portuguese to sing it.

+Quote Post
Gus
Oct 2 2008, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Oct 2 2008, 02:20 AM) *
I love brazilian pop. Cool playing.

Do you know to play Djavan - Te devoro?

I adore this song! It is pity that I don't know Portuguese to sing it.

Yes, I also love it. "Te Devoro" was quite famous in Brazil, and it is also one of the favorite songs from my fiancée.

Nice to know some people from outside Brazil actually hear some songs from there.
I've been trying to search for music from several countries and already found some pearls that are not international mainstream, just because of the language...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:02 PM