2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
The Uncreator
May 9 2008, 03:45 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Wiki Link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
May 9 2008, 04:17 PM
GMC:er
Cool album, Prophets of War is by far my favorite cut of the album.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 9 2008, 04:20 PM
Get to da Chopper!
This album completly changed my taste in music.....i had to see them live after getting this album.

Awesome review smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
May 9 2008, 04:46 PM
some of my friends would say im crazy, but this is my favorite dream theater album by miles. it just never gets old, and i love how it all flows from track to track. a masterpiece. oh, and you didnt rate the keyboards! Jordan Rudess is just amazing!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
May 9 2008, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Great review smile.gif
Although it's not my favourite DT album, i would still give it a 10 smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
May 10 2008, 12:25 AM
Singing Instructor
Great album,thanks for the great review.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
May 10 2008, 02:30 AM
Instructor
Great Review!!! Systematic Chaos is an incredible album and one of my favourites!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 10 2008, 07:05 AM
Instructor
This band is in other dimension, I think a 10 is not enough for them wink.gif

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 10 2008, 11:35 AM
Instructor
Great review, this album is incredible, they are ever in progress, they grow up and still getting better! DT rules!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 10 2008, 11:37 AM
I would certainly not give it 10 as Awake is better but it's my second favourite DT album. Ministry of Lost Souls is my favourite DT song as I don't class Space Dye Vest as their song. You didn't mention Ministry of Lost Souls sad.gif and it is incredible.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 10 2008, 09:04 PM
Yes I didnt, It is an amazing song, the lyrics are fantastic, and I think the Vocals are some of Labries best yet smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 10 2008, 09:40 PM
Instructor
great album! but, my favourite album from DT is Scene from a memory....

My Lessons:
Repetitive Sweeping here
Speed Metal Here
Dimmu Borgir Style Here
Luca Turilli Style Here

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
May 16 2008, 06:53 PM
Excellent review. Probably my 4th or 5th favorite Dream Theater album.

I agree with what you said about Mike Portnoy. He is easily the best drummer out there, at least IMO. Like you said, I love how he is not just there to provide a live metronome like many drummers, he is actually like another melody maker if that makes any sense, like he contributes to the sound of the music, not just the feel of it like nearly all drummers.

And James LaBrie is an amazing singer, end of story, I don't understand why people don't like him. His voice may not sound rough like Russell Allen (many people compare him to this guy), but as far as I can tell, NO ONE fits Dream Theater's style better than James LaBrie.

The only thing I though this album was just a TINY bit weak on was originality from within the band. I can't really explain this though.

If I HAD to pick (this being extremely hard) one song on the album as my favorite it would probably have to be Constant Motion, the solo is just incredible every single time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 16 2008, 07:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ May 10 2008, 10:40 PM) *
great album! but, my favourite album from DT is Scene from a memory....

I absolutely agree, but there are also another great albums ... for instance this one smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 16 2008, 09:02 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ May 16 2008, 09:53 AM) *
Excellent review. Probably my 4th or 5th favorite Dream Theater album.

I agree with what you said about Mike Portnoy. He is easily the best drummer out there, at least IMO. Like you said, I love how he is not just there to provide a live metronome like many drummers, he is actually like another melody maker if that makes any sense, like he contributes to the sound of the music, not just the feel of it like nearly all drummers.

And James LaBrie is an amazing singer, end of story, I don't understand why people don't like him. His voice may not sound rough like Russell Allen (many people compare him to this guy), but as far as I can tell, NO ONE fits Dream Theater's style better than James LaBrie.

The only thing I though this album was just a TINY bit weak on was originality from within the band. I can't really explain this though.

If I HAD to pick (this being extremely hard) one song on the album as my favorite it would probably have to be Constant Motion, the solo is just incredible every single time.

Man, I though the album was unlike any I've heard before, I though that Forsaken was just mindblowingly beautiful, and in Repentance where they got other musicians to speak there regrets for the end of the song, Man it was just perfect, and how it ends with "The truth is the truth, And all you can do is live with it"....Sent chills up my spine! and the solo to it is one of my favorites from JP, So tastefully done.

Anyway, Any Dream Theater album is amazing, So its all good smile.gif

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
May 16 2008, 10:03 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 16 2008, 09:02 PM) *
Man, I though the album was unlike any I've heard before, I though that Forsaken was just mindblowingly beautiful, and in Repentance where they got other musicians to speak there regrets for the end of the song, Man it was just perfect, and how it ends with "The truth is the truth, And all you can do is live with it"....Sent chills up my spine! and the solo to it is one of my favorites from JP, So tastefully done.

Anyway, Any Dream Theater album is amazing, So its all good smile.gif

Oh yes, I am definately not saying that Dream Theater is not original, trust me I am a huge fan, I just felt that they were not extremely original within themselves if that makes any sense. Like most of the songs seemed similar to songs that only they have done in the past on previous albums, when usually Dream Theater albums always have a brand new twist. Anyway, I probably need to listen to the album more before saying something like that, the only songs I have listened to like 100 times so far are In the Presence of Enemies, Constant Motion, The Dark Eternal Night, Forsaken, Ministry, and Prophets, nevermind the only song I really haven't listened to more than maybe 3 times is Repentance, and since you keep bringing the song up, it must be really good, I need to listen more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2008, 01:29 AM
Yes, Repentance is a DT favorite of mine! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 22 2008, 05:04 PM
Instructor
Great review man smile.gif

I love this album, have you seen the making-of-documentary that came with the special edition? It's very cool smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 22 2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah its awesome!!

When it came out last year I had one of the 5 copies the store i got from carried, Reserved, Its just insane! smile.gif

+Quote Post
at lights end
May 22 2008, 09:24 PM
awesome album.

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:06 PM