Gitarrero - Lesson In The Style Of Tokio Hotel, you knew this day would come
Gitarrero
Mar 15 2013, 07:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys and girls!

I realized that I haven't made a lesson lately, and it was about time...and it was about time to introduce this very special german band to you!

TOKIO HOTEL!

I'm pretty sure that Jessi and Grace were fans back in like 2005 when the band was most successfull. They've been quite popular in non german-speaking countries, despite the fact that they exclusively sang german when they started.
While mostly teenage girls listened to them, I must say that they made a few pretty good songs. You might wanna check "Ready, Set, Go!" which is pretty cool.
Their biggest hit was "Durch den Monsun" or "monsoon", which inspired this lesson.

As I say in the spoken introduction: I expect a rec take from Ben! laugh.gif

Looking forward to your feedback.

Christian

Video: (includes lesson, introduction and slowed down version)

Backing Track:
Attached File  Tokio_Hotel_backing.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 181

Tabs:
Attached File  Tokio_Hotel_Tabs.html ( 3.44K ) Number of downloads: 196

And for reference, the two songs I just mentioned above:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Mar 16 2013, 06:16 PM
GMC:er
Haha you did it finally tongue.gif Tokio hotel laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2013, 06:21 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Good job on this lesson! I have heard the album that includes the song in which you based this lesson and you really nailed it. I like their clean guitar work, it remind me to Placebo.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 17 2013, 10:34 AM
Instructor
Christian rocks !! cool.gif

But isn't.. isn't this lesson a bit too difficult for me ?? It would take me at least a year to submit a REC take of this ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Mar 17 2013, 10:37 AM
GMC:er
Good u showed us a your favourite band's lesson laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 17 2013, 10:43 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
You can do it Ben!

A wise men once said: the only opponent is within.

Slavenko...yeah, it was about time for my favourite band to make an appearance here biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2013, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Ben, I'd love to see you doing a rendition of this lesson! BTW - my dear grandma baked some DONUTS for us all yesterday biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif unfortunately tho, I forgot my phone upstairs and until I went to get it for a pic of the huge donut plate, they were all disappearing laugh.gif My dad was the main culprit laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 17 2013, 08:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 17 2013, 04:23 PM) *
Ben, I'd love to see you doing a rendition of this lesson! BTW - my dear grandma baked some DONUTS for us all yesterday biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif unfortunately tho, I forgot my phone upstairs and until I went to get it for a pic of the huge donut plate, they were all disappearing laugh.gif My dad was the main culprit laugh.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Why does this happn in a location that does not include me ?? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2013, 08:43 AM
Instructor
Ben, I solemnly promise to take a picture at the next Lupu style culinary feast! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 18 2013, 10:46 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
How did this turn into a donut thread so quickly???

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Mar 18 2013, 10:49 AM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 18 2013, 11:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 18 2013, 09:46 AM) *
How did this turn into a donut thread so quickly???

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

For once, it wasn't me !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 19 2013, 01:21 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Good Lesson although I'm sorry I'll never play it in my life, I'd rather play US5 o LaFee if I have to play German Pop related stuff laugh.gif

Even the horror memories of my ex-girlfriend torturing me with her fangirl shannannigans is haunting me again as we speak xD

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Mar 19 2013, 01:24 AM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 23 2013, 07:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hmm Christian i have a big Problem now !

My daughter says when i play this kinda music she leaves the house ... for ever huh.gif

and my dog Luna anyway leaves the place when i take my guitar .. but after when i finish my ceremony

he comes back to me biggrin.gif but maybe now he never will come back too ohmy.gif

my wife goes shopping ...........

i am confused now !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 25 2013, 08:36 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
@Rated Htr: sorry to have brought back these memories...though I had a good laugh reading it laugh.gif LaFee...good idea, though I would just have to turn the gain up and play a pmed open E minor biggrin.gif I guess she tried getting back into the music business last year, but I never got to listen to the music since I was distracted by a fotoshoot she did for a gentlemen's magazine...if you know what I mean wink.gif

@Dieter: I am utterly shocked that a young german girl doesn't appreciate Tokio Hotel! Then again, Madeleine might be a bit too old, and she probably just listened to awesome music in her childhood thanks to her Dad smile.gif On the other hand: if you should ever want her to leave the house...you know what to do now biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:08 PM