Endorsement Stuff, Krank HQ and Guitars
Nihilist1
Feb 29 2012, 09:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
So, I leave on Sunday for a road trip to Krank Amplifier HQ to get my Krankenstein+(thanks to our endorsement) and meet with the owner of the company! I will be certain to post pictures! I have a question however.

My band has recently obtained endorsements from Coffin Case, Jackson, and Schecter(I have my own from V-Pick). The other guitarist and I are debating who will use what. He doesn't care if he uses a Schecter or a Jackson, but I am picky when it comes to guitars. I recently played a Jackson Soloist and fell in love with it, but the local Guitar Center stores seem to be out of high end Schecters(This sounds like the formula for a trip to the Guitar Center in Hollywood to me). I own a Schecter Damien FR, but I am not the biggest fan.

So GMC, who prefers what company and for what reason? Ultimately I am going to have to try any recommendations, but I would love to hear what this lovely community has to say on the matter. Here is the link to the Jackson I am currently thinking of getting:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jac...electric-guitar

I was going to take out the EMG's and switch them with a Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the Bridge Position and a Bareknuckle Cold Sweat in the Neck Position. I was also going to switch the Double Locking Tremolo for the most high end FR bridge I could construct from:

http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/

What do you all think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 29 2012, 09:28 AM
Instructor
Mate, this is an absolute matter of tastes smile.gif I am not into Jackson guitars at all, so I would pick the Schechter if I were to choose between these two smile.gif and with a little tweaking, I would make a Schechter tear down some walls biggrin.gif

Now, those Bareknuckle pickups will make a huge difference, for certain, on any guitar!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Feb 29 2012, 09:35 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 29 2012, 08:28 AM) *
Mate, this is an absolute matter of tastes smile.gif I am not into Jackson guitars at all, so I would pick the Schechter if I were to choose between these two smile.gif and with a little tweaking, I would make a Schechter tear down some walls biggrin.gif

Now, those Bareknuckle pickups will make a huge difference, for certain, on any guitar!

I am a huge fan of BareKnuckle Pickups! They sound so amazing for being passive! My biggest issue with Schecter is that I do not like how all the best guitars have Gothic Crosses on them. I am not a big fan of the look.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 29 2012, 06:48 PM
Instructor
This sounds awesome man! Congrats! smile.gif
As Cosmin said, this is a matter of tastes... both companies made high quality guitars, I personally prefer Schecter because there are many models that I love by them. I tried a solo 6 and it was a great guitar. I hope to get a Schecter any time... I relate Jackson to heavy and trash metal and Schecter to modern rock/metal.. but this is something 100% subjective...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 29 2012, 07:11 PM
Instructor
I believe your guitar will sound better with the upgrades, if you have the money for it: go for it. If it doesn't turn out like your expected, at least it will be a good experience for the next time.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 29 2012, 07:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 29 2012, 05:48 PM) *
This sounds awesome man! Congrats! smile.gif
As Cosmin said, this is a matter of tastes... both companies made high quality guitars, I personally prefer Schecter because there are many models that I love by them. I tried a solo 6 and it was a great guitar. I hope to get a Schecter any time... I relate Jackson to heavy and trash metal and Schecter to modern rock/metal.. but this is something 100% subjective...

I wouldn't've been able to say it better myself wink.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 1 2012, 03:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Feb 29 2012, 08:06 AM) *
So, I leave on Sunday for a road trip to Krank Amplifier HQ to get my Krankenstein+(thanks to our endorsement) and meet with the owner of the company! I will be certain to post pictures! I have a question however.

My band has recently obtained endorsements from Coffin Case, Jackson, and Schecter(I have my own from V-Pick). The other guitarist and I are debating who will use what. He doesn't care if he uses a Schecter or a Jackson, but I am picky when it comes to guitars. I recently played a Jackson Soloist and fell in love with it, but the local Guitar Center stores seem to be out of high end Schecters(This sounds like the formula for a trip to the Guitar Center in Hollywood to me). I own a Schecter Damien FR, but I am not the biggest fan.

So GMC, who prefers what company and for what reason? Ultimately I am going to have to try any recommendations, but I would love to hear what this lovely community has to say on the matter. Here is the link to the Jackson I am currently thinking of getting:

I was going to take out the EMG's and switch them with a Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the Bridge Position and a Bareknuckle Cold Sweat in the Neck Position. I was also going to switch the Double Locking Tremolo for the most high end FR bridge I could construct from:

What do you all think?

Cool man!!! Congrats!!! It's nice to have endorsements!!!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Mar 1 2012, 03:44 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Feb 29 2012, 03:06 AM) *

What do you all think?

Gratz on the endorsements! It has to be an honor to get a Krankenstein+ never really hear Krank just giving them out so that's awesome man!

As for the Schecter vs Jackson. I haven't played a Jackson since they got bought out by Fender. But I do own a Schecter Loomis as of this past Monday. I love the way it plays I'm use to my Gibsons and they have thicker necks and the strings seem to need a bit higher action to stay clean. But that soloist you linked that green swirl is kinda sexy I must say.

Personally I will say if you like Jackson and have everything setup that you want changed it almost sounds like your mind is well set on it. I put the Loomis off for years because I never even had the chance to play a Schecter. I sold a guitar and had some extra cash and I went on a whim. I looked at an Ibanez RGA8 and some low end Ibanez 7s, but something told me I'd be happier with the Loomis, so I bit the bullet and I now own it. Glad I did also.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:50 PM