Picking Technique....what To Do?
mhskeide
Dec 17 2008, 08:08 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Hi there

Since I`ve joined GMC after playing for three years, I`ve finally found out the excact definition of alternate picking and economy picking(didn`t even have an Idea what it was, but now I even understand the name tongue.gif )

After this revelation, I`ve concluded that my own picking technique consists of a hybrid between the two, I just play what falls naturally (which surprisingly often is economy).

Finally, I present my question: I see so many lessons about them here, and wonder if it`s such a big deal on how you play it..? blink.gif

This techniques are usually used in solo runs and such, so if I use up- or downstroke on a 1/16 note, the differance in sound is not present for me at all. And if I`m supposed to begin thinking in the middle of a solo about how to pick, the solo is destined to be ruined ohmy.gif

So I wondered if people would tell me their experiences and opinions about playing strictly one of them or the sound of them etc.(you get the picture)

Cheers:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:27 AM