Best Venue And Worst Venue ?
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 11:51 AM
Instructor
What's the best venue you've ever seen a live concert at ?

What's the worst ?
And why ?

For me..

Best : The original Carling Academy in Birmingham where I saw Megadeth in 2004 (or was it 2005 ?) because it was so easy. You just walk in right off the street and down some stairs and then the you're in the room. It was also below street level, underneath a flyover.

Also the best was the O2 Academy in Bournemouth where I saw Saxon.. just walk in off the street into a really nice, old looking room. Used to be an Opera House.

Worst : Earl's Court, London . Nothing actually 'wrong' with it but I was dissapointed with the acoustics and it didn't have much of an atmosphere, even though I was there to see Iron Maiden in 2000, their first UK show since Dickinson's return.

P.S. Try and keep it limited to larger venues, rather than obscure clubs because lots of us would pick smaller, intimate club gigs anyway but I'm interested in what people think of the established, well known venues. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 24 2012, 11:51 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dark dude
Feb 29 2012, 07:31 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 24 2012, 02:20 PM) *
Well, first of all they couldn't keep the tempo. It seems to be quite usual for punk bands to play faster live, but all musicians should have the same tempo laugh.gif
The singing wasn't that good as well, and what was worst is that they only played for an hour. That was really lame.
I am gonna see them again this summer at the Southside Festival, I wonder if they have become better.
I have to exclude Travis Barker from this, his playing was awesome and he blew everyone away with a great drum solo.

Hah, I saw Blink a few times back in the day and thought the same! And yes, Travis was awesome.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:27 PM