Fusion Tone
riffmeister57
Sep 16 2011, 01:51 AM
GMC:er
Stephane
You get such a great fusion tone. Can you give me some tips on how to get the tone you get with the gear I have.
Custom Telecaster, Fender Deluxe amp and a Marshall class 5 5 watt head running through a Egnater cabinet. I know tone comes from the hands I like the tone I get but I want to try to get my tone more like what you are getting in your fusion lessons
Thanks
Riffmeister
California, USA

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Sep 16 2011, 03:34 PM
Instructor
Hi Riffmeister!

I've got a Fender Deluxe too & use it regularly for giggin'. So the "best" fusion tone I get with this amp is on the clean channel with some OD pedals : the Zendrive is my first choice, it's fantastic for fusion. I also like the BB preamp & the Rockett Pedals Flex Drive. I always add some reverb & delay for lead tone. I don't know if you got some OD?
I would recommend you to use the middle or neck pickups position with the Telecaster (I don't really like the bridge harshness for fusion stuff...)

Do not hesitate if you have more questions!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
riffmeister57
Sep 17 2011, 07:42 PM
Stephane,
Thanks for your response. What are you playing through on your fusion lesson Mixolydian licks and the like? Also, I have a zen drive as well and I am thinking about getting a delay pedal. What kind of delay pedal do you recommend? And when you say the clean channel on the Fender Deluxe amp what are you referring too exactly?
thanks
Riffmeister[

quote name='riffmeister57' date='Sep 16 2011, 12:51 AM' post='543608']
Stephane
You get such a great fusion tone. Can you give me some tips on how to get the tone you get with the gear I have.
Custom Telecaster, Fender Deluxe amp and a Marshall class 5 5 watt head running through a Egnater cabinet. I know tone comes from the hands I like the tone I get but I want to try to get my tone more like what you are getting in your fusion lessons
Thanks
Riffmeister
California, USA
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Sep 19 2011, 10:03 AM
Instructor
Well, I was talking about the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp, and you've got a clean & a drive channel on this one.

Regarding the lesson I used a different rig : Mesa Boogie V-Twin preamp & Xotic BB preamp in the sound card.

There's so many delay pedals... What's your budget? Do you want/need to store some presets...?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2011, 04:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Sep 16 2011, 11:34 AM) *
Hi Riffmeister!

I've got a Fender Deluxe too & use it regularly for giggin'. So the "best" fusion tone I get with this amp is on the clean channel with some OD pedals : the Zendrive is my first choice, it's fantastic for fusion. I also like the BB preamp & the Rockett Pedals Flex Drive. I always add some reverb & delay for lead tone. I don't know if you got some OD?
I would recommend you to use the middle or neck pickups position with the Telecaster (I don't really like the bridge harshness for fusion stuff...)

Do not hesitate if you have more questions!

great stuff! I also like your tone man!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
riffmeister57
Sep 20 2011, 05:00 AM
Yea I would love some presets on my pedals/amp. I also have the BB preamp and a zen drive playing through a fender deluxe reverb. My budget for a good delay pedal is around 120.00 or so. What do you recommend?
Thanks Stephane
Riffmeister57
[
quote name='Stephane Lucarelli' date='Sep 19 2011, 09:03 AM' post='544096']
Well, I was talking about the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp, and you've got a clean & a drive channel on this one.

Regarding the lesson I used a different rig : Mesa Boogie V-Twin preamp & Xotic BB preamp in the sound card.

There's so many delay pedals... What's your budget? Do you want/need to store some presets...?
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Sep 20 2011, 12:35 PM
Instructor
You can check out some TC Electronic pedals I think : Nova Delay / Nova Repeter / Flashback delay.
The Deluxe reverb is a relly great amp by the way, you can get some nice fusion & creamy tones with the BB preamp / Zendrive

Hope it helps!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:00 PM