Rocksmith! - Use Your Own Real Guitar For A Game.
Qenzoz
May 23 2011, 09:55 PM
GMC:er
Hello, has anyone else heard about Rocksmith?

If you haven't I can tell you a little about it, as it says on their website (http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/)
You can plug your real guitar into your console, and then play the game.

In my opinion this sounds REALLY awesome, since I think it will motivate a lot of gamers that plays guitar and such to play guitar more, but somehow I think that it will give alot of people a bad habit, like Guitar Pro & tab does, so I just hope that they do some ear developing exercises, courses, lessons and such in the game too. BUT! Lets see if it even works when it releases (set to release this fall smile.gif) since it is the first game that allows you to use your own REAL guitar, I bet there will be some bugs, if not loads.

But what do you think of the idea of a video game to learn guitar?

- Tobias.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 24 2011, 01:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
That's insane! I will definitely pre-order one. Thanks for the heads up! smile.gif

Dogukan,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 25 2011, 02:42 PM
Instructor
Sounds interesting, might be a good way to practice boring things biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
May 25 2011, 03:04 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Seems interesting, a bit like Guitar Hero, but for real.

In a way it's not a big advantage over, let's say, guitar pro, but what would be great is playing the songs along the original song without the guitar part, so yo can hear yourself playing with the band and not the original guitar tracks. That would be nice.

On a side note, once you try to play something intermediate I guess it will boild down to actual old fashioned practice to actually learn to play, there's no way someone can play something complex just being thrown a bunch of notes at high speed on a screen. Or maybe some people can, who knows!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 25 2011, 11:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I head about this game! I think it will bring a lot of kids to playing the real instrument which is awesome.
I'm not really sure how will they do it (to allow for real playing and not only one note at a time playing).
Will be fun to play for sure! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Oct 29 2011, 01:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I just bought Rocksmith to break up my regular practicing...will give you an update on the game later! It looks really cool!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 29 2011, 03:29 AM
Instructor
wou!! That trailer blow my mind!! I must try this one!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 29 2011, 03:39 AM
GMC:er
Dynamic difficulty in a game is an awesome teacher for learning to play. Starting off at a basic level and checking how well you do in varies areas and adapting the difficulty accordingly (higher the more score) is a great idea!

If it included tips and techniques (I guess there would be some stuff missing, hammers, slides, and harmonics, etc?) then it would be a total guitar teacher in a game.

I wish this was on PC! Ubisoft, make this game for pc as well please.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Oct 29 2011, 03:48 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 29 2011, 10:35 PM
Instructor
Great trailer, really looks attractive smile.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 29 2011, 11:15 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Oct 29 2011, 04:39 AM) *
Dynamic difficulty in a game is an awesome teacher for learning to play. Starting off at a basic level and checking how well you do in varies areas and adapting the difficulty accordingly (higher the more score) is a great idea!

If it included tips and techniques (I guess there would be some stuff missing, hammers, slides, and harmonics, etc?) then it would be a total guitar teacher in a game.

Well from a quick look there seems to be a PC version coming in December??!! smile.gif
http://pc.ign.com/objects/103/103241.html

It will be awesome try this game out.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Oct 29 2011, 11:35 PM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Oct 28 2011, 10:39 PM) *

Ok here is what I liked:

They have a technique area where you work on slides, hammer-ons, pull-offs, bending (which is cool because the more accurate you are the more points) tremlo picking, double stops, palm muting.

As you progress in a song it gets harder and adds more notes, chords and complexity. IF you mess up it backs off a little.

There are games in there that are kind of dumb, but there is one called Scale Runner which is cool. You pick a major, minor, etc scale and then the root. THen you have to follow it as it speeds up more and more.

I really think everyone should check this out. It is addicting so make sure you warm up first...

THe only thing I wish it did was use note names along with the frets...

I really like it!

This post has been edited by Michael AC: Oct 29 2011, 11:36 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 15 2011, 03:58 PM
Instructor
Awesome, definitely nice to have this game, it seems like a multimedia instructional method too. I hope it's fun! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Oct 19 2012, 08:57 AM
I'm assuming that the "unique cable".. could be "replaced" with any digital processor? (ie. the likes of a POD or zoom) ?

Or does it *require* that 1/4 to usb direct convertor?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:28 PM