8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Virtual Band - Moaning Lisa, Band number 5
JVM
Dec 22 2007, 01:10 AM
Learning Roadie
I understand what you're saying, it's just that I don't want to come up with a chorus progression thing to dictate how the vocals sound, I'd rather have a catchy sounding vocal melody with the guitars just kind of behind to back it.

But anyway I'll keep on trying to find something good for the chorus.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 25 2007, 06:29 PM
Experienced Rock Star
What's our status JVM?

What's our status JVM?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 29 2007, 03:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys. I just got some awesome tickets to see the redskins against the cowboys (GO SKINS) in DC, so I'm going to be up there for a few days. Once I get back we can kick into full gear, but of course you guys can do whatever while I'm gone, I'll catch up. Have fun smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 30 2007, 03:48 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I'm gonna be without internet for a few days since I'm going to rent a house far away from here with some friends to pass the new year...Happy Holidays everybody smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Jan 16 2008, 09:38 PM
GMC:er
Ho m8s, long-time-no-talk, Im getting my mic monday latest!(think i might get it at friday 18th.) smile.gif
But whats the matter is following: do you want me to record the riffs we have 'till now? can record it in the weekend. and ill post some posible vocal ideas if i get the mic before the weekend:)
JVM, can you get the chorus vocals/anthing idea recorded soon?

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Jan 17 2008, 10:20 AM
Learning Roadie
yea, it'd be nice to get this going again.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 21 2008, 07:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Arr yeah I know I said I'd get it to you in a day or two like a week or two ago. Was in the process of moving and such at the time though, I'll make sure to get you something to work with today. And I need to catch up with Bogdan's collab too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Jan 22 2008, 09:15 AM
Learning Roadie
no problem, i bought an acoustic so im occupied till your ready tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 22 2008, 08:10 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I'm occupied as well, with studies and other guitar stuff, so when you're ready...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 23 2008, 05:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Okay guys: Here we go.

Attached File  moaninglisa_musedrums.mp3 ( 2.84MB ) Number of downloads: 196

I'm not 100% sure if this is the final, for a few reasons:

1) We still need to to test out the structure of it and make sure we don't for example, want to add another verse.

2) I haven't really come up with anything satisfying for a chorus. Maybe its the song but its just not coming to me except for real simple power chord stuff. So if you guys have any ideas at all lemme know. Until then the chorus in the drums has a fill seperating it from the verse, so if we don't want to record anything now we can leave it open. Munta, if you just record the verse parts for now (unless you feel up to doing a chorus) then I can easily take your recordings, edit the drum track to better suit a chorus we come up with at a later date and put it back in there without the need for you to re-record.

3) I kind of want to add more and more varied fills and stuff tongue.gif

Except for number 1, I can do all that behind the scenes without you guys needing to record anything but once.

Here's the structure of the track I just uploaded:

Intro (all the way up until about 0:57 where the drum-in kicks the song back up)
Verse
Chorus
Verse
Chorus
breakdown (acoustic backing, for soloing over mostly)
Chorus

So when it gets down to the breakdown part don't record anything, but also don't feel pressured that you have to mute your guitar abruptly when it gets to that point, most likely I'll add yet another fill to cross that part over with what comes before, so when I go back to make some tweaks with the drums it'll sound fine, but a suddenly muted guitar might not sound good - just a thought tongue.gif

Overall I think I was a little bit too ambitious with the drums for a first time making a full drum track, trying to add too much stuff when I could have probably just made it a simple bass drum snare bass drum snare thing the whole way through, but at the same time I'm learning quickly so I hope you guys have some patience with me tongue.gif

One final note: lets record this one dry, we can always add effects later. If you have any problems with it or anything (I wouldn't be suprised, a bit late here tongue.gif) I'll make sure to fix them asap. Sorry for any delay boys now lets ROCK!

[edit] final final note biggrin.gif Munta, just wondering if you want to record the rhythm twice so we can pan it. You don't have to, its up to you. But if you do just make sure its reaaaallll tight tongue.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Jan 23 2008, 06:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 28 2008, 01:04 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Sounds good...My ibanez is being fixed so I'm using an old guitar I have, don't know if I'll be able to solo with it since it's not ment for rock or metal, but I'll try...Just chilling listening to your drum track [ Nice work wink.gif ]. Will try to imagine the song and I'll let you know if I come up with something wink.gif
Cheers

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Jan 28 2008, 11:26 PM
Learning Roadie
right, i have 2 assignments due this week and 1 next week, but i'll find some time between then to get this done.

should b done asap tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 29 2008, 01:55 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Jan 28 2008, 05:26 PM) *
right, i have 2 assignments due this week and 1 next week, but i'll find some time between then to get this done.

should b done asap tongue.gif

Its cool man take your time cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Feb 12 2008, 07:53 PM
GMC:er
well, long time have gone guys, and i have bin playing the riffs over and over again and trying to make a somehow decent vocal line, and i've made it! i have come up with something which i think is atleast a decent vocal line. smile.gif
i'll record it soon, maybe tomorrow and i want to hear your replies, ok?

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 12 2008, 10:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Great biggrin.gif Can't wait to hear it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Feb 13 2008, 05:23 PM
Learning Roadie
ok, im gonna try record my part today, but my hands still not well from being broken. i wanna get this done tho!

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Feb 13 2008, 07:55 PM
Learning Roadie
ok, ive done my parts, its sloppy though, my hand dint work aswell as i thought it would.
ive done 2 versions, "left" is using the dimebucker and "right" is using the APH-1. their both using the same patch and can you can use both if you want to pan left and right. if not, just use one.

if you want them redone it may take a few weeks for my hand to heal properly
Attached File  munta_right.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 203

Attached File  munta_left.mp3 ( 2.85MB ) Number of downloads: 200

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 14 2008, 04:41 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey munta. What I'm going to do is use your APH-1 take. Deal is, they both sound really good in stereo, a lot heavier etc but the tone on the aph-1 is better IMO (is it your bridge or neck? or are they different guitars?) and there's a buzzing/open string ringing on the dimebucker take, which isn't a big deal. So what I'll do is record a take myself (unless you want to do it) then we can have a crushing tone biggrin.gif

And I'll keep working on a chorus thing. Likely what we'll end up doing is I'll be panning my guitar to the right, yours to the left, and I'll keep playing into the chorus and then you can later add some kick to it on top of my recording (thats easily done later though).

So I'll get to work on that and if nothing else I'll have an upload with no chorus tomorrow. Good work smile.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Feb 14 2008, 04:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Feb 14 2008, 11:00 AM
Learning Roadie
sounds good to me.

yea, i told you they were sloppy tongue.gif
the APH-1 is in my neck and dimebucker in the bridge. both are on my ibanez GRG170DX

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 14 2008, 03:56 PM
Learning Roadie
It'll be interesting though, to have a final version where the rhythm is double tracked by two guitarists with injured hands biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:46 PM