So i know all the pentatonic scales positions, so when do i get to add more notes?
xhernan
Nov 26 2006, 08:33 AM
GMC:er
Hey kris do you have a graph to add more notes into the pentatonic scale you have shown us? I know my way around but would like to ability to use every not of the scale =D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 26 2006, 11:00 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (xhernan @ Nov 26 2006, 10:33 AM) *
Hey kris do you have a graph to add more notes into the pentatonic scale you have shown us? I know my way around but would like to ability to use every not of the scale =D

biggrin.gif Well done!

Number one would be to add the flat fifth (blues note) to all five boxes. We should have a 101 lesson coming up on that. However, a good idea would be some homework here, so...

Here is the flat fifth (in grey) added to one pentatonic box in eminor (see attachment). Could you add that note to every other box in the E minor pentatonic scale?

Attached Image

Give it a shot - if you don't understand how, we'll go through it in this thread. I am looking forward to see what happens

--Kris

PS Why am I giving homework? This is the kind of thing that will make you understand the theory behind - if I just give away the boxes you wont do the thinking yourself.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
xhernan
Nov 26 2006, 10:27 PM
GMC:er
Kris prepared to be dazzeled with my homework abilities =D

especially for guitar

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:18 PM