2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Camera Recording Youtube Og
Cornelius
Jul 23 2014, 12:35 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys,
i am looking for some comeback
For my New videos on my New YouTube Chanel smile.gif
Me and my friend Only had one camera, but is it to bad audio to upload it?
what audio do you think is appropriate to upload on youtube?

Check it out, also preshee8it if you like

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
SKAYE - Accoustic rock, Blues, Slide Guitar Player

Sub me on youtube to keep in touch !!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqFCbKsIiRpKBb3bS1E34Jg

Homesite : http://skaye.net/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2014, 11:12 AM
NO!!!!! smile.gif

Seriously, you can upload whatever you want. But honestly, if you have a video that you know has BAD audio. I would fix the audio or record again before putting something up. Youtube is filled with competition for eyeballs and bad audio is a turnoff these days. You could get away with it for a while but not really anymore sad.gif

QUOTE (Cornelius @ Jul 22 2014, 07:35 PM) *
Hey guys,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jul 23 2014, 01:42 PM

I think your video sounds great for what it is. Don't think anyone is gonna expect pro level production next to a river. laugh.gif

BTW to link to YouTube videos, you only need the thing at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIqZr8vJkRc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 23 2014, 02:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Cornelius @ Jul 23 2014, 01:35 AM) *
Hey guys,

This is a very good question. In my opinion the best audio that you can achieve at this moment is the one to use.
There is no point in delaying putting out videos etc just because of the equipment, especially if you don't plan to upgrade your audio recording gear in the near future. On the other hand, this really depends on the purpose of the videos. What are they for? Obviously, the Youtube is full of videos with bad audio and/or video and the better quality you get in those departments will surely help present yourself better to the world. If it is for promoting a band for example, then I would say to wait until you can get decent audio and video quality in order not to undermine the potential of the music. But if you want to put out videos just for fun etc then you could do it in any quality you think is ok. Later, when you get better gear - you could re-do those videos.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2014, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Cornelius, I don't know what's happening but I cannot see the video that you posted. It doesn't appear in my explorer. However I'm with the guys about the opinion. Everything we do depends on the goals that we want to achieve and our reality. Nowadays there are many easy and free stuff that can be used to record videos with a very good quality. You just have to experiment with this stuff and I'm sure that you will get good sounding videos.

Check out this video and let me know if you think that you can apply this on your videos.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Jul 23 2014, 04:17 PM
Tnx for replying:) many good tips, i will def check Those free software out,Nice tutorial:)

Here try this link for video i made

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mIqZr8vJkRc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2014, 05:04 PM
YOU SAID THE AUDIO WAS BAD!! THAT AUDIO IS FINE!!! smile.gif

I sorta wish you would have posted the vid you were in reference to sad.gif Next time, put up the vid and and just click on "unlisted" until you want to share it with the world. That way you can share it with us via link and anyone else you want. So that we can actually see what your talking about. smile.gif

So yeah, audio on this clip (if this is the clip you were talking about as having bad audio) is just fine smile.gif So post and share away.

But in general, as a rule, you don't want to post with crap audio, per my original post. But being able to discern crap audio from acceptable audio does take some time and experience which is why we are here smile.gif

Todd

The

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jul 23 2014, 08:42 AM) *

I think your video sounds great for what it is. Don't think anyone is gonna expect pro level production next to a river. laugh.gif

BTW to link to YouTube videos, you only need the thing at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIqZr8vJkRc

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2014, 06:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 23 2014, 01:40 PM) *
Hi Cornelius, I don't know what's happening but I cannot see the video that you posted. It doesn't appear in my explorer. However I'm with the guys about the opinion. Everything we do depends on the goals that we want to achieve and our reality. Nowadays there are many easy and free stuff that can be used to record videos with a very good quality. You just have to experiment with this stuff and I'm sure that you will get good sounding videos.

Check out this video and let me know if you think that you can apply this on your videos.

Hey mate smile.gif I think that Gabi's suggestion on improving video quality by using this video is a good one and I too am usually recommending it too.

But honestly, I like your video and the quality as well. As Bogdan said, it's very important to know what you are aiming for, when making a video and in respect to that, apply the necessary procedures.

Plus, I love the fact that there are nature sounds which endow your song with a serene and peaceful feeling smile.gif Tell me mate, is this your first video?

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Jul 23 2014, 09:44 PM
Will do that next time Todd:) i know what you mean, but its a good thing that youtubers are more concerned about quality... What videocamera do you use?

Cosmin : yeah, both gabi & bogdan suggestion Was good, gonna do some digging There for sure:)
And Tnx for Nice words, this is officialy my first youtube movie, so am looking forward to making more, so much fin:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 24 2014, 04:00 AM
I use a CANON HV20 which is an HD handycam (you can get them on ebay for cheap). I connect it via firewire so it records directly to my computer. I use my presonus 16.0.2 audiointerface for audio. I record video with the QUICKTIME utility, and audio with my DAW at the same time. Then I put the audio and video together in FINAL CUT PRO. smile.gif

I've got two other High Definition Video camera but neither one will do real time recording to my computer. I'd have to record, stop, transfer the files, start back again where I left off in the process. Not a a deal breaker, but it's just more efficient to record the video directly in to the computer. Also, having a remote control for my camera allows me to zoom in during vid chats and while recording vids without having to stop everything and go futz with the camera. This is why I DON"T use a DSLR. I tried one but returned it. The process was just too cumbersome for me personally as I"m a one man operation. But it seems to work fine for some folks so to each his own!

Todd

QUOTE (Cornelius @ Jul 23 2014, 04:44 PM) *
Will do that next time Todd:) i know what you mean, but its a good thing that youtubers are more concerned about quality... What videocamera do you use?

Cosmin : yeah, both gabi & bogdan suggestion Was good, gonna do some digging There for sure:)
And Tnx for Nice words, this is officialy my first youtube movie, so am looking forward to making more, so much fin:)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2014, 10:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cornelius @ Jul 23 2014, 08:44 PM) *

Hey again man! Well then ... CONGRATS! Most people are not that daring and creative for a first video, but you took things to a different perspective, blending music and nature smile.gif

I think that if you hone your video editing skills with the aid of experienced people such as Todd, you will most likely come up with killer vids in the near future! What other songs are you working on? I noticed you are into country and I am too!

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Jul 25 2014, 03:33 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 24 2014, 11:55 PM) *
Hey again man! Well then ... CONGRATS! Most people are not that daring and creative for a first video, but you took things to a different perspective, blending music and nature smile.gif

I think that if you hone your video editing skills with the aid of experienced people such as Todd, you will most likely come up with killer vids in the near future! What other songs are you working on? I noticed you are into country and I am too!

yeah i hope so cosmin smile.gif i just subscribed to your channel, liked your music to smile.gif some good tips to maintain a good youtube channel ?

working on these vids, a little teaser.. but i will use better audio smile.gif take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Euc1p9sB4I...iRpKBb3bS1E34Jg

My new custom 8 string Baritone guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_jSkQI55Lw...iRpKBb3bS1E34Jg

This post has been edited by Cornelius: Jul 25 2014, 03:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2014, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy! Thank you very much!! I love your playing style and your guitars as well! Please tell me about the tunings that you are using smile.gif

Regarding the Youtube channel - here's what helped me raise mine:

- constant uploading
- good quality materials - both audio and video
- sharing the videos on Facebook a lot in various guitar playing and rock music groups
- the GMC community
- my silly facial expressions biggrin.gif No kidding here wink.gif

I got this for ya - David explains a lot of interesting things about how to grow your Youtube channel:

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Jul 26 2014, 05:14 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 26 2014, 02:33 PM) *
Hey buddy! Thank you very much!! I love your playing style and your guitars as well! Please tell me about the tunings that you are using smile.gif

Regarding the Youtube channel - here's what helped me raise mine:

- constant uploading
- good quality materials - both audio and video
- sharing the videos on Facebook a lot in various guitar playing and rock music groups
- the GMC community
- my silly facial expressions biggrin.gif No kidding here wink.gif

I got this for ya - David explains a lot of interesting things about how to grow your Youtube channel:

Tnx m8 for kind words and sharing your video smile.gif great tips, Follow the steps smile.gif
Until next time, hasta la vista ;P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2014, 05:33 PM
Instructor
Hi again Cornelius! Now I could see your videos and I want to say that your playing and singing are fantastic! The quality is good but I know that with some little work and maybe a very small investment your videos could sound much better and you can start your professional virtual career which in the long term can help you to start having live gigs and sell itunes tracks.

When I first commented your post, I said that I couldn't see your video but now I have to say that you have a killer talent that could be enhanced with some technical details.

Let me share a ideal average gear that would make your videos sound killer.

Audio Interface with at least 2 mic inputs:
Something like the m-audio fast track ultra that allows you to record 2 mic inputs simultaneosly will let you have your guitar and your voice on a daw for then mixing it and having a killer audio track of your songs. Check this list with different 2 mic input interfaces: HERE

Condenser mic:
You already have a mic for your voice, why don't you get a nice mic for your guitar? Condense mics are great for acoustics and vocals, as well as many other instruments. The range goes from very cheap to extremely expensive mics. If you want to for for one of this, just tell me your budget and I will help you to do the best option.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Jul 26 2014, 08:53 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 26 2014, 06:33 PM) *
Hi again Cornelius! Now I could see your videos and I want to say that your playing and singing are fantastic! The quality is good but I know that with some little work and maybe a very small investment your videos could sound much better and you can start your professional virtual career which in the long term can help you to start having live gigs and sell itunes tracks.

When I first commented your post, I said that I couldn't see your video but now I have to say that you have a killer talent that could be enhanced with some technical details.

Let me share a ideal average gear that would make your videos sound killer.

Audio Interface with at least 2 mic inputs:
Something like the m-audio fast track ultra that allows you to record 2 mic inputs simultaneosly will let you have your guitar and your voice on a daw for then mixing it and having a killer audio track of your songs. Check this list with different 2 mic input interfaces: HERE

Condenser mic:
You already have a mic for your voice, why don't you get a nice mic for your guitar? Condense mics are great for acoustics and vocals, as well as many other instruments. The range goes from very cheap to extremely expensive mics. If you want to for for one of this, just tell me your budget and I will help you to do the best option.

wow, thank you for kind words, preshe8it buddy, you have an great talent yourself ^^ the post you sent really motivated me, im not the technical guy, so this really enlightened me... if i say 500 dollars ? is that enough, say 500-900 dollars ? i dont know if that's to much or to small ? tnx for helping me.. biggrin.gif i think this post really could help other people like me who dont got the right equipment

This post has been edited by Cornelius: Jul 26 2014, 08:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2014, 04:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cornelius @ Jul 26 2014, 04:14 PM) *
Tnx m8 for kind words and sharing your video smile.gif great tips, Follow the steps smile.gif
Until next time, hasta la vista ;P

Glad to know you are finding them useful! Gabi has shared a great deal of important info on raising the quality of your vids, so take his suggestions into account as well wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Jul 29 2014, 02:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z58ZNPgbEg...4Jg&index=1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 29 2014, 02:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cornelius @ Jul 26 2014, 04:53 PM) *
wow, thank you for kind words, preshe8it buddy, you have an great talent yourself ^^ the post you sent really motivated me, im not the technical guy, so this really enlightened me... if i say 500 dollars ? is that enough, say 500-900 dollars ? i dont know if that's to much or to small ? tnx for helping me.. biggrin.gif i think this post really could help other people like me who dont got the right equipment

Hi friend! I'm glad to know that the post helped and motivated you to improve the quality of your works! Let me say that you can do a lot with that amount of money.

Where do you live?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cornelius
Jul 29 2014, 03:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 29 2014, 03:38 PM) *
Hi friend! I'm glad to know that the post helped and motivated you to improve the quality of your works! Let me say that you can do a lot with that amount of money.

Where do you live?

Hey Buddy ^^

im from the cold north, Norway smile.gif
what do you use when you upload videos on youtube, recording system ?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:50 PM