Bad Habits
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 5 2010, 08:34 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC'er:
i need help in my sad.gif
i think i have what people call bad habit...everytime i pick my guitar and try follow a lesson or pratice some exer' i just can't cuz i feel to lazy and dont have to will to do it, this start to happen to me like at the begging of 2010...and it ain't only on guitar ...but also in for exemplo studying from exams etcetc huh.gif what do i do to fix this? where to i find the will to move foward?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Nov 5 2010, 08:36 PM
Experienced Rock Star
If you have that difficulty, start by setting small goals. Divide a song in parts, and parts in licks if necessary. That way everyday you learn something new and than you can put everything together. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 5 2010, 10:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
You need some motivation smile.gif
Try listening to some music youve never heard before, etc. Or learn some songs youve always been wanting to learn. Motivation in one thing can help motivation in other things in life. How about checking up on somewhere youd want to travel, or find a beautiful girl? Find some goals in life smile.gif

It is hard to move forward, if you dont know what you are moving towards smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Nov 5 2010, 10:16 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 9 2010, 07:16 PM
Instructor
It could be anything my friend.

But, if you are lacking motivation to play, you can try to inspire yourself by watching some of your favorite live shows, artists, concerts, go to some cool gigs and concerts to, see great bands. This is always inspiring smile.gif

Other thing you can do is create a small routine, so you don't seemed stuck and lost every time you take your axe to play. Make up a small plan of 30 mins of various exercises, and split it into a 2 week work schedule. Then try to work by following that schedule and modify it as time goes along. Once you start feeling the progress - you will be very motivated trust me! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 12 2010, 03:02 PM
ty guys for'real smile.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 13 2010, 03:00 AM
Instructor
No problem mate, glad to help. We all have these periods from time to time. It's normal thing don't worry. Just give yourself time to recharge and of course - start practicing and playing something you like smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 13 2010, 04:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 5 2010, 08:34 PM) *
Hey GMC'er:
i need help in my sad.gif
i think i have what people call bad habit...everytime i pick my guitar and try follow a lesson or pratice some exer' i just can't cuz i feel to lazy and dont have to will to do it, this start to happen to me like at the begging of 2010...and it ain't only on guitar ...but also in for exemplo studying from exams etcetc huh.gif what do i do to fix this? where to i find the will to move foward?

Coffee wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 13 2010, 05:55 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 13 2010, 11:57 AM) *
Coffee wink.gif

Coffee never hurts smile.gif But playing along with music you want to learn, or with a backing track you like, or making a backing track that you would want to play over are all good ways to get you going. Just playing patterns and scales is boring. And they don't happen in a vacuum. The only reason to learn them is to play actual music with them. So pick some songs that you've always wanted to learn, and that will challenge you and you will start learning techniques almost along the way. Then you might find that to nail a given solo, you need to work on your alternate picking. Then you've got real motivation. I want to play this solo! I'm going to get my alternate picking up to speed and nail it!

Practice!
Todd

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 13 2010, 06:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 13 2010, 04:57 PM) *
Coffee wink.gif

Green Tea biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 15 2010, 12:29 AM
ananas juice cool.gif trust me guys

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Nov 15 2010, 12:29 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 15 2010, 07:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 15 2010, 12:29 AM) *
ananas juice cool.gif trust me guys

Lemonade & Honey or Dark Chocolate & coffee combos are always nice for me on practice sessions biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Nov 22 2010, 04:37 AM
Coffee is gross...

Anyways your just procrastinating, it's normal lazy human behavour specially in our teens. I know a lot about it, cos I do it too! The idea of homework, exercises or just working on something is boring when there's something better to do like i'll just play a few games and surf the net, gotta check my emails and facebook... back to playing Call of Duty - Black Ops, that game rocks! Oh it's dinner time alright, ok, have dinner then get back into it... oh there's a cool movie on tv, watch that first, oh man where the time go, time to sleep... I'll get to doing it sometime tomorrow... maybe.... just after a few games of Black Ops, nearly finished that mission and the next one is even better!

We let it slip on purpose as much as possible, because the brain craves entertainment and the day to day route ends up in procrastination. You find you always need to check a social network or play a game or do something else instead.

To get around this, make sure it's mostly fun and you enjoy it - mix it up and always end the lesson with something really fun (reward yourself afterwards, never beforehand). You can also still practice and play the guitar in front of the tv, etc.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Nov 22 2010, 04:38 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:09 PM