> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8, Pass) Guitar Loves Piano, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
8 [ 4 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

Kalidia
Mar 19 2012, 09:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Guitar Loves Piano by Piotr Kaczor

Hi mates, this is my new take. I'm continuing my work on bending and vibrato, hope you like that! Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 20 2012, 02:57 PM
Instructor
Kalidia this is a great effort smile.gif

It improved as it went along.. the highlight for me was the middle section when you switched to bridge pick up. Your vibrato and bending are getting good so keep doing whatever is is you're doing because it's good.

Your timing could flow better.. some of the phrasing sounded stiff. However, Piotr's been doing it for years and you will have more years of experience at things like that. It's one of those things that improves on its own by just playing and playing, especially by playing along with actual music.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 20 2012, 09:45 PM
Instructor
Good job! I like your take!
A few things:
The sound was way too distorted for this lesson it seemed like you were trying to hide behind distortion which is a not very good thing! Try practicing the same lesson using clean sound it will improve your touch and sound!
Also your timing was a little bit off, use a metronome when you are practicing it will help you as well!
Vibrato and bends you can use a metronome and a tuner to practice your vibrato timing and bending tune!
You are improved a lot since I heard you play last time! Just keep doing what you are doing and you will go far!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Mar 20 2012, 11:26 PM
Instructor
Nice job ! Although this is a beautiful ballad, and the emotions are trying to invade you smile.gif, still you must pay attention to the timing.
Also I notice over-dist sound which spoils the overall impression, in fact, your tone is too aggressive,and therefore is much harder for you to control the tone and atmosphere !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 21 2012, 08:30 AM
Instructor
Hey Kalidia! To sum it up smile.gif your take is good and it can be better of course, if you follow the great advice given by the guys, but what amazed me was the fact that I felt a drastic improvement in your playing from the last takes to this one. You have done very well! Keep it up and you'll be awesome in a short period of time if you can keep this pace smile.gif Don't forget about the tone - less gain would allow better control, thus, better dynamics and expression

all the best

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2012, 12:18 AM
Instructor
You already received great feedback about this take. As the other guys said, your bends are a bit out of pitch and your vibrato is better but it needs some more work. Those are the main things to fix on this one,,, and finally to adjust a bit your timing to play it even tighter. You are doing a good job, just keep on the hard work and you'll have soon a 10. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Mar 23 2012, 10:31 AM
Instructor
I'm really impressed by your take, Kalidia! Of course I agree completely with other instructors about timing, bending and gain level nonetheless I like your playing very much. I would only add that you should focus on the backing track more. This should help with timing problems.

Cheers /piotr

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 11 2012, 05:45 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8 on this one, good job.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:42 PM