Looking For Neck Dimarzio Pickup To Compliment An At-1 (bridge)
Vulpine
Feb 28 2013, 06:24 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys I could use some help I purchased an Andy Timmons "AT-1" humbucker Bridge pick up and Need some advice on a Neck Pick up that would Compliment the AT-1 any advice

Am thinking about Picking the Dimarzio Evolution for the Neck but im not sure if it would compliment the At-1 bridge pickup

Artist's with the tone Im looking for would be any of the following

Buckethead

Andy Timmons (Cruiser Neck I cant use because its only singlecoil)

Marco Sfogli

Neil Zaza

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Feb 28 2013, 06:26 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2013, 10:10 AM
Instructor
What sort of a guitar do you have mate? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 28 2013, 01:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Going by Dimarzio's website, The Breed Neck would probably work, I've heard the AT-1 is a little like the Breed Bridge pickup and a SD JB which is what Andy has in his Original guitar.

Have you sent Dimarzio an email they are quite good at responding I think

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Feb 28 2013, 02:30 PM
*Ibanez Rg 351dx *

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2013, 02:33 PM
Instructor
I have not too much experience with Pick ups, but you can use Youtube and also Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio websites to hear some samples. If you want the specific sound of one of those artists, the best is to get eh same pick up that they use.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2013, 03:26 PM
The BREED is a fine choice smile.gif Try the PICUKP PICKER on their web site. Here is the link.

http://www.dimarzio.com/pickup-picker

And here are some options.
Attached Image

Of course, it should go without saying that you should go to a guitar store and try guitars similar to yours featuring as many pickups as possible through an amp similar to yours to see what you actually like.

Nothing is worse than buying gear based only advice and then not liking how it sounds. Always try before you buy even if it's a MASSIVE hassle.

Todd

QUOTE (Vulpine @ Feb 28 2013, 12:24 AM) *
Hey guys I could use some help I purchased an Andy Timmons "AT-1" humbucker Bridge pick up and Need some advice on a Neck Pick up that would Compliment the AT-1 any advice

Am thinking about Picking the Dimarzio Evolution for the Neck but im not sure if it would compliment the At-1 bridge pickup

Artist's with the tone Im looking for would be any of the following

Buckethead

Andy Timmons (Cruiser Neck I cant use because its only singlecoil)

Marco Sfogli

Neil Zaza

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 28 2013, 04:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Neil Zaza used a SD '59 in the neck position of his Cort Signature guitar, not sure about his Carvin

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 28 2013, 06:16 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 28 2013, 03:38 PM) *
Neil Zaza used a SD '59 in the neck position of his Cort Signature guitar, not sure about his Carvin

His Carvin has custom wound Carvin P/ups in it.

I'd also suggest a Seymour Duncan Jazz for your Neck position. I think you would find that a Dimarzio Evo to be slightly too hot for the AT-1.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2013, 07:32 PM
Instructor
If you want, you can always check out www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk - awesome stuff! Check it out and maybe even ask them, what would suit the AT 1 smile.gif they are super communicative and willing to help out!

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Mar 1 2013, 01:17 AM
Thanks guys I've been listening to the sounds of those pick-ups atm I think i Might choose the Dimarzio Breed or Neil Zaza's neck pick-up

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2013, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Good luck with the selection mate - let us know what you went for wink.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 1 2013, 12:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 28 2013, 06:32 PM) *
If you want, you can always check out www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk - awesome stuff! Check it out and maybe even ask them, what would suit the AT 1 smile.gif they are super communicative and willing to help out!

I agree, but... bare Knuckle is quite a jump price wise compared to SD and Dimarzio

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 1 2013, 12:55 PM
Instructor
Indeed, but it's good to know about all the possibilities wink.gif Right?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2013, 08:51 PM
If you are looking for a customized sound, one of our Fellow GMCers actually winds pickups to taste for customers. Here is a link to his site. This is linked the Vintage/Modern model.

http://mhd-pickups.com/humbuckers/vintage-modern/

From what you've mentioned this may be the answer smile.gif

Here is his profile in GMC. He knows TONS about pickups in general, so I'd email before putting money on anything.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showuser=17529

Todd

QUOTE (Vulpine @ Feb 28 2013, 07:17 PM) *
Thanks guys I've been listening to the sounds of those pick-ups atm I think i Might choose the Dimarzio Breed or Neil Zaza's neck pick-up

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:57 AM