2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Keyboard Lessons Wish List!, Book your next keyb lesson here...
Maestro Mistheri...
Feb 11 2010, 10:05 PM
Keyboard Instructor
QUOTE (intemperateControl @ Feb 11 2010, 09:35 PM) *
Light My Fire By :The Doors

I can play the intro. on my guitar but it doesn't beat the keyboards by any means.
Your consideration is appreciated... smile.gif

This is a standard that we can absolutely learn! The legendary intro and the main organ accompaniment will be part of one of the next lessons. Thanks for the suggestion!

QUOTE (Wabba @ Feb 11 2010, 09:26 PM) *

I like this one, It's a hard one too smile.gif Maybe a guitar lesson from it also.

Yes, it is great instrumental but a little bit too high level to make a lesson about it, for now... but, I'll keep it in the list, maybe we can analyze as the guitar and keyboards play along...
Thanks! Any suggestion is appreciated because, anyway, can give the idea for something similar... ;-)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maestro Mistheri...
Feb 11 2010, 11:48 PM
Keyboard Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Feb 11 2010, 09:55 PM) *
I'd love to see a level 3 or 4 arrangement of "Cry of the Poor." This isn't a good representation, but I think you may have heard the song.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XhcrTAXd0o I know you're getting flooded with requests, but this is my wish.

Hi! This song is really nice and I didnt know about it before, so thanks twice! ;-)
I'll make a piano arrangement, that level you asked (maybe 3 it is enough...) is good. I'm going to learn "Cry of the Poor" as well to prepare the lesson...:-)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com

+Quote Post
Fusar
Feb 11 2010, 11:50 PM
GMC:er
Since I've been playing the piano for some years, I'm not that interested in song lessons (personally, which doesn't mean I don't have respect for your work smile.gif), but more in the things I don't know yet, yeah, like making backing tracks or improvising smile.gif

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Feb 12 2010, 01:10 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Maestro Mistheria @ Feb 11 2010, 03:48 PM) *
Hi! This song is really nice and I didnt know about it before, so thanks twice! ;-)
I'll make a piano arrangement, that level you asked (maybe 3 it is enough...) is good. I'm going to learn "Cry of the Poor" as well to prepare the lesson...:-)

Thanks, Mistheria. I really find it to be a beautiful song. I wish I could find a better full piano arrangement for you so you could see. I think I read that it was in a song book for Catholic masses, but I don't know which one.

Cheers, and thank you!

Tom

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Maestro Mistheri...
Feb 12 2010, 09:31 AM
Keyboard Instructor
QUOTE (Fusar @ Feb 11 2010, 11:50 PM) *
Since I've been playing the piano for some years, I'm not that interested in song lessons (personally, which doesn't mean I don't have respect for your work smile.gif), but more in the things I don't know yet, yeah, like making backing tracks or improvising smile.gif

Hello, yes I understand... that kind of lessons you are mentioning are in my plans, in fact in the new lesson categories list, that I've posted opening this topic, there are "computer music" and "improvisation" as well. For "computer music" I meant not just technical stuff (plugins, use of eq/comp, mixing, etc.) but how to use sequencer to make our music and, especially, how to use keyboards/computer to make and arrange the backing tracks, a really common way to practice among guitar players. So, we'll discover step-by-step how to make a backing track for your practice uses, how to play and record chords on keyboard, how to add tracks/instruments and make the arrangement, finally mix and get our final backing track ready to play! ;-) Thanks for your request!

QUOTE (NoSkill @ Feb 12 2010, 01:10 AM) *
Thanks, Mistheria. I really find it to be a beautiful song. I wish I could find a better full piano arrangement for you so you could see. I think I read that it was in a song book for Catholic masses, but I don't know which one.

Cheers, and thank you!

Tom

Hello, no problem about finding a better version... that's my job to make a nice version of that song! ;-) So, for me has been important your suggestion and request. Also, thanks for letting me discover a nice song...

This post has been edited by Maestro Mistheria: Feb 12 2010, 09:28 AM

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 12 2010, 03:48 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Maestro Mistheria @ Feb 11 2010, 03:43 PM) *
Hi Andrew! Great suggestion too! We can explore that hammond techniques that make the hammond sound really something so special! We'll discover that kind of "growly glissando" and more... excellent idea! Definitely in the list... ;-) Thanks!

Cool!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Maestro Mistheri...
Feb 17 2010, 11:54 AM
Keyboard Instructor
Hello GMCers!

I'm always ready to get your lesson wishes...! wink.gif

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 22 2010, 03:51 PM
Instructor
I would really like to polish my technique in Leads in the style of Jens Johansson

So the stratovarius lesson would be veeeerrryyyy apreciated!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Maestro Mistheri...
Feb 22 2010, 05:42 PM
Keyboard Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Feb 22 2010, 03:51 PM) *
I would really like to polish my technique in Leads in the style of Jens Johansson

So the stratovarius lesson would be veeeerrryyyy apreciated!

Thanks for your suggestion Daniel! Strato-Jens lessons are on schedule... wink.gif

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 23 2010, 06:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Maestro Mistheria @ Feb 22 2010, 05:42 PM) *
Thanks for your suggestion Daniel! Strato-Jens lessons are on schedule... wink.gif

very good! thank you!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 26 2010, 01:42 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Something in the blues - boogie woogie style would be great for me wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OzRob
Feb 26 2010, 02:21 AM
Wow! Maestro, I want to say thank you so much!

I bought my first keyboard yesterday to start learning and doing more creative things to fill out songs and create tracks and harmonies
for my guitar playing. I know nearly nothing about keyboard playing, so started scouring the internet last night looking for beginner lessons
and information.

By coincidence, I just saw this thread and had a look. Exactly what I need!

I have bookmarked your lessons and will be starting from the very beginning.

Thank you!

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
Maestro Mistheri...
Feb 26 2010, 10:16 AM
Keyboard Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 26 2010, 01:42 AM) *
Something in the blues - boogie woogie style would be great for me wink.gif

It is not exactly my style... anyway, to warm up and sometime to enjoy, I love to play Scott Joplin's Ragtimes, that is really great stuff! If you like that, we can do that! But thinking more... yes I've also some Boogie Woogie chops.. let's do it, you booked it! wink.gif
By the way, another great and useful suggestion! Thanks!

QUOTE (OzRob @ Feb 26 2010, 02:21 AM) *
Wow! Maestro, I want to say thank you so much!

I bought my first keyboard yesterday to start learning and doing more creative things to fill out songs and create tracks and harmonies
for my guitar playing. I know nearly nothing about keyboard playing, so started scouring the internet last night looking for beginner lessons
and information.

By coincidence, I just saw this thread and had a look. Exactly what I need!

I have bookmarked your lessons and will be starting from the very beginning.

Thank you!

Hello! Thanks for appreciating my keyboard lessons! I'm glad to help you on improving your skills.

You can also add on this topic some "lesson wish", something you'd like to learn and you didn't find yet among my published lessons.

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com

+Quote Post
Gus
Mar 26 2010, 04:45 PM
Well, i just got started on a new band. We can not afford having a dedicated keyboard player, so I decided to learn some of it and guess what? Your lessons are here to save the day biggrin.gif I already went through most of it and I am practicing the exercises every day.

I think what I really would like to see on a lesson now is how to properly play chords formed from different scales (other than the C major scale).
I know tons of chords by heart in guitar and know how they are formed. So it would be quite easy to go on the keyboard and just play them "my way", selecting the proper notes. But probably there are right ways of doing the fingering, right?

Also, I see some piano pieces where chords are spread over both bass and treble clefs (2 notes each). So probably, there are different ways of playing them...
I hope you plan a lesson covering that topic soon tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Gus: Mar 26 2010, 04:50 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Maestro Mistheri...
Mar 26 2010, 06:25 PM
Keyboard Instructor
QUOTE (Gus @ Mar 26 2010, 04:45 PM) *
Well, i just got started on a new band. We can not afford having a dedicated keyboard player, so I decided to learn some of it and guess what? Your lessons are here to save the day biggrin.gif I already went through most of it and I am practicing the exercises every day.

I think what I really would like to see on a lesson now is how to properly play chords formed from different scales (other than the C major scale).
I know tons of chords by heart in guitar and know how they are formed. So it would be quite easy to go on the keyboard and just play them "my way", selecting the proper notes. But probably there are right ways of doing the fingering, right?

Also, I see some piano pieces where chords are spread over both bass and treble clefs (2 notes each). So probably, there are different ways of playing them...
I hope you plan a lesson covering that topic soon tongue.gif

Hello! Really useful lesson idea! Yes, I'll go over that chords lesson really soon so I hope it will help you on working for the band ... thanks!

So, if I well understood, you're asking to know how to play chords over, for example, D major scale, F minor scale, F#m scale and so on ... using the right fingering. Also, how to use "open chords" spread over both hands ... please confirm this so I can go for the right lesson! wink.gif

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com

+Quote Post
Gus
Mar 26 2010, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (Maestro Mistheria @ Mar 26 2010, 06:25 PM) *
So, if I well understood, you're asking to know how to play chords over, for example, D major scale, F minor scale, F#m scale and so on ... using the right fingering. Also, how to use "open chords" spread over both hands ... please confirm this so I can go for the right lesson! wink.gif

yes. I'd love to see one or more lessons covering these 2 topics. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Maestro Mistheri...
Apr 13 2010, 10:59 AM
Keyboard Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 10 2010, 09:30 PM) *
I'd like to see something like; 70's organ rock and hard rock rhythm and solo

some distortion for a real dirty sounding rock Hammond wink.gif

LESSON ONLINE! CHECK IT OUT! wink.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Dirty_Hamm/

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 10 2010, 01:29 PM) *
Would be cool to see ehhr... what is it called... BWV 578 (???) - "Little" fugue in G minor.

It might not be a beginners style lesson though.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bach_L..._G_min_BWV_578/

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 11 2010, 07:35 PM) *
Along the lines that Micke suggested - I'd really like a lesson on Hammond Organ techniques, especially how you do that growly glissando thing - I have always wondered about that!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Dirty_Hamm/

This post has been edited by Maestro Mistheria: Apr 13 2010, 11:01 AM

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com

+Quote Post
Maestro Mistheri...
Apr 13 2010, 11:24 AM
Keyboard Instructor
Hello to all GMCers!

Thank you to everybody expressed new keyboard lesson wishes so far. You are all welcome to send your lesson requests but just keep in mind the following:

I'm sorry but, due to copyrights issue, I cannot have lessons on "cover songs". Please, check it before you submit your request. Songs are copyright free after 70 years the composer's death.

Any other songs, exercises, studies are well accepted! Send your request right now to book your next keyboard lesson!

KEEP ON SENDING LESSON REQUESTS!!! wink.gif

--------------------
All the best,

Maestro Mistheria

www.mistheria.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:59 AM