You Tube Problems
The Uncreator
May 2 2010, 08:50 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
So as of late, I have been uploading my videos to You Tube. First one I uploaded was about 4:50 long. And it for whatever reason got cut to 4:43, Didn't bother me too much, just the song title that fades out/in was cut a tad, No biggy.

Now though, every video I upload is being cut to 4:43 exactly. Which is a major problem considering the video its doing it too is just under 6:00. and whole chunks of it is being cut. Anyone know how to solve this? The file size is not too Big, it is 1.27 GB (Limit is 2.0 GB), Any ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
May 2 2010, 09:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
Been browsing a bit for the problem, and it seems that on certain encodings, Youtube cuts the videos to 1GB during the processing. Using a different codec when rendering the videos seems to have helped many, allowing their videos to be uploaded 2GB.
Edit:
MPEG should work. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: May 2 2010, 09:13 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 2 2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks much, I have been looking around as well. I've gotten pretty much the same idea so hopefully it will be a simple fix.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 5 2010, 05:55 PM
Instructor
thank you, I was looking for an explanation too

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 5 2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I switched mine to MP4 format and it solved the problem right away.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
May 5 2010, 08:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great to hear! Hope Youtube sorts it out soon, but it seems the problem has been around for a while.. At least we now know a workaround smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:12 PM