> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Guitar1969 Mixed Guitarts Thread
Guitar1969
Mar 23 2012, 09:32 PM
GMC:er
Cosmin:

I seem to be picking up some speed on those 16ths but with it, getting alot more pick noise as opposed to when I do 8th notes so I still seem to be struggling with pick angle, or attack or something. Can you send me those picks of youre pick angle or possibly direct me to a video here on GMC that shows proper pick angle as I believe I am using an angle that I learned from Kris awhile back on one of his early vids, so I am doing something wrong. I would like to get this under control before I get to far.

Thanks,
Michael

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2012, 12:03 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif check this out:

- this is how you're holding it - angled and prone to producing harmonics

- this is a position in which the pick is parallel to the strings and it will not produce extra sounds wink.gif

Try it and tell me what you think wink.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Mar 26 2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks for clarifying. it definitely is harder to pick the strings when its parallel - Seems pick gets kind of stuck a bit more, making it hard to get a fast speed going, but I will relearn it this way. I am confused a bit though as it goes against what I have previously been told here at GMC by others, but I will trust it will be better in the long run.

Thanks,
Michael

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 27 2012, 10:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Mar 26 2012, 09:14 PM) *
Thanks for clarifying. it definitely is harder to pick the strings when its parallel - Seems pick gets kind of stuck a bit more, making it hard to get a fast speed going, but I will relearn it this way. I am confused a bit though as it goes against what I have previously been told here at GMC by others, but I will trust it will be better in the long run.

Thanks,
Michael

If you want a clean tone, stick to the parallel position, if you want more aggressiveness and attack, use the angled approach biggrin.gif the parallel will provide clean consistent tone, which is especially good when arpeggiating clean chords. Try it mate!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Mar 28 2012, 10:58 PM
Sounds good. By the way, the laat sentence in your intro paragraph "Is that your Mama" has me interested:

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain."

What is it . . . . .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 29 2012, 12:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Mar 28 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Sounds good. By the way, the laat sentence in your intro paragraph "Is that your Mama" has me interested:

else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain."

What is it . . . . .

if you stick to this thread you will eventually find out smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Apr 19 2012, 12:41 AM
Cosmin:

Just wanted to let you know I am still around, but have been sick a bit and not getting in my focused GMC practice time, but still have been playing practicing songs and such to prepare for performances.

I seem to really have a hard time getting my speed up on that picking lesson and wondering if I will ever be able to get beyond a certain speed on 16ths. I seem to be topping out at 110bmp if I am lucky (Not consistently). For some reason, any faster than that and my pick strokes are uneven and the pick gets stuck on a bit on side of the stroke. Getting burnt out on this lesson, so have been doing the other 16th note lesson you gave me which is going good, but it is also a slower tempo so not as difficult.

Is there a drill I can be doing to focus on just getting over that speed plateau I am at with the 16th notes.

I will keep pressing on but wondering if I need to tackle it a different way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2012, 11:15 AM
Instructor
Hey mate!

glad to have you back on track!

Mate, this process takes time and consistency, practice focusing on playing every note perfect and relaxed while keeping both hands in sync - speed will come, trust me.

It is better to practice one thing for 15 minutes a day, every day rather than practicing 5 hrs one day and not touching the guitar for a week afterwards smile.gif

Consistency will bring results - it is a matter of having your brain accustomed with some movements, which will become more and more usual for it in time, thus the necessary movements will be lesser and lesser -> speed smile.gif

Would you like to tackle anything else in the mean time? I wouldn't like you to get bored smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Apr 20 2012, 10:57 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 19 2012, 03:15 AM) *
Hey mate!

glad to have you back on track!

Mate, this process takes time and consistency, practice focusing on playing every note perfect and relaxed while keeping both hands in sync - speed will come, trust me.

It is better to practice one thing for 15 minutes a day, every day rather than practicing 5 hrs one day and not touching the guitar for a week afterwards smile.gif

Consistency will bring results - it is a matter of having your brain accustomed with some movements, which will become more and more usual for it in time, thus the necessary movements will be lesser and lesser -> speed smile.gif

Would you like to tackle anything else in the mean time? I wouldn't like you to get bored smile.gif

Cosmin

Maybe next week I will have you add another lesson - I am going to try to get over that speed plateau this weekend and work on the 16th not solo you gave me. I was trying to push my speed this morning, and its odd that sometimes I can almost do it(Do but a bit sloppy), and then othertimes it is really sloppy, but I can also feel the tension in my hand so I sure alot of it has to do with pick grip and relaxing.

Have a good one and we will talk next week.

mh

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 21 2012, 12:16 PM
Instructor
Hola! smile.gif mate, progress is creeping slowly, but there's one more trick - you have to learn how to relax during playing. I experienced a very nasty thing last night on stage - I was playing octaves in 16th notes and because I was tense from having to control my guitar while headbanging heavily in the previous part, I felt I was tensing up REALLY fast. I almost lost it at some point, but my drummer saved me tongue.gif

When being in complete control at slow speeds you are always relaxed, try to keep that feeling constant while increasing speed smile.gif it'll prove PRICELESS later wink.gif

keep in touch!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
May 3 2012, 08:53 PM
Cosmin: I am going to keep at the 2 lessons you gave me thus far, but hoping you can add another one to give me some variety -Maybe one that will allow me to apply some of this technique in a practical way, such as repeating patterns or such.

I am seeing my speed getting faster, but sometimes I digress a bit and lose it and can't go fast at all - I am consciously trying to stay relaxed but easier said than done. Funny thing is the 16ths seem to be getting easier, but now the 8th note triplets are harderfor me even though there are less pickstrokes.

Thanks for all your help.

Michael

This post has been edited by Guitar1969: May 3 2012, 08:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2012, 08:42 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! smile.gif Variation is crucial wink.gif otherwise you get bored and when that happens, you won't progress smile.gif how about this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

This one will keep you clean wink.gif strive to hear every note loud and clear, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
May 5 2012, 06:53 AM
Sounds good - Glad you didn't assign me that 40 techniques lesson. I am not ready to take that thing on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 05:54 PM
Instructor
Easy does it my friend smile.gif we'll get to that sooner or later laugh.gif focus on this one and let's see what you got for me wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:18 AM