My Formal Introduction?
ChocolateTeddy
Jan 16 2012, 12:55 AM
GMC:er
hello I'm bittersweet Chocolate Teddy and I have been a member of this site since last april? but i never formally introduced myself.
granted I'm one of the guys that don't frequent the forums even though I do read, I rarely post.
I'm a jack of all trades my first musical instrument was the drums then the piano then keyboard then acoustic guitar, electric, and bass.
I used to make dance/electronica music under the alias of Thonydef, but since retired that namesake since I am trying to get realyl good with guitars.

I really love all forms of rock music with alternative and metal being my favorites. I am a BIG fan of underground and dive bar bands.
I have many rock influence. L'ar~en~ciel, Maxium The Hormone, Metallica, 3, finch, Dredg, Theory of a Deadman, Tool/Aperfect circle,RAMMSTIEN! Ooomph! the list goes on and on. I do sing and I usually head to the local karaoke bar for some practice lol.
I hope to get my guitar playing solid, I am also an animator and I do use my own music for things like that but I feel i never will be good enough. but who cares I have 6 guitars and I love em all!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2012, 03:57 AM
Instructor
Hi man!! Great introduction!! Welcome to the forum!! at least in a visible way... smile.gif
I'm a big fan of A Perfect Circle!! and many other alternative metal bands...
Let me invite you to my Videochat sessions where I'm giving an Intensive Technique Course every Friday at 19 hs. You can also check the lesson notes from my previous sessions at my personal board as well as join to my new collaboration called "Power Metal Solo Colab".

PS: I'm writing this post listening to this band... maybe you know it or at least you like it. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 16 2012, 12:18 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Teddy smile.gif !You are multi-instrumentalists, great! Here on the site we often make collaboration, it will be fun when you get involved with your multi skills !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2012, 01:39 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard Teddy, good of you to join in smile.gif What are you working on at the moment? Perfect Circle is indeed awesome, and I dig Howerdel's philosophy a lot.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 16 2012, 08:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC Teddy!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 16 2012, 08:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ChocolateTeddy @ Jan 15 2012, 11:55 PM) *
hello I'm bittersweet Chocolate Teddy and I have been a member of this site since last april? but i never formally introduced myself.
granted I'm one of the guys that don't frequent the forums even though I do read, I rarely post.
I'm a jack of all trades my first musical instrument was the drums then the piano then keyboard then acoustic guitar, electric, and bass.
I used to make dance/electronica music under the alias of Thonydef, but since retired that namesake since I am trying to get realyl good with guitars.

I really love all forms of rock music with alternative and metal being my favorites. I am a BIG fan of underground and dive bar bands.
I have many rock influence. L'ar~en~ciel, Maxium The Hormone, Metallica, 3, finch, Dredg, Theory of a Deadman, Tool/Aperfect circle,RAMMSTIEN! Ooomph! the list goes on and on. I do sing and I usually head to the local karaoke bar for some practice lol.
I hope to get my guitar playing solid, I am also an animator and I do use my own music for things like that but I feel i never will be good enough. but who cares I have 6 guitars and I love em all!

Hey! Man I have been in your shoes! When I started playing guitar I felt that I will never get anywhere and will not be good enough ! It takes time and practice but sooner you know it you will be able to play anything you want and will feel more confident about yourself! Happy to see you at GMC! Just keep rocking and everything will be fine!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2012, 11:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 16 2012, 09:39 AM) *
Welcome aboard Teddy, good of you to join in smile.gif What are you working on at the moment? Perfect Circle is indeed awesome, and I dig Howerdel's philosophy a lot.

hey! I missed something here... I'm a bit fan of APC but I have no idea of what the Howerdel philosofy is about....

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2012, 11:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 16 2012, 11:16 PM) *
hey! I missed something here... I'm a bit fan of APC but I have no idea of what the Howerdel philosofy is about....

About the way he sees the future of music industry and APC putting out song by song, instead of whole album. This way, later on, songs can be collected. He finds that approach more appropriate for modern times..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 18 2012, 01:20 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Teddy!

I wasn't expecting to meet someone else who has heard about Maximum the Hormone laugh.gif and I am a big Dredg and APC/ Tool fan as well biggrin.gif take some time to ask us anything you wish to know and we'll be glad to help out man! Also, check out the bottom of the homepage, where the live video chat schedule is smile.gif we're having one almost every day of the week - mine is usually happening each Thursday at 8 PM London time (this week it's scheduled on Saturday at 6 PM London time). Drop by if you'd like!

Cheers

Cosmin

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 18 2012, 03:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome sir! Glad to have you on the forums. Gabe introduced a great band there: RED. They are an amazing band if you like that kind of stuff. That's a song from their first album out of three (not including the deluxe). Skillet is also another band you might like - they are not as heavy as RED, but rock just the same. They have introduced a different style for each album they have produced. This the first song I ever heard from them and was blown away!

-Brandon

This post has been edited by thefireball: Jan 18 2012, 03:03 PM

+Quote Post
ChocolateTeddy
Feb 26 2012, 04:35 AM
GMC:er
sorry for my late reply lmao, but oh man I love RED! they are inspiring to me. and yea I love Maximun the hormone lmao. right now (thanks to this site and the vids) I become more confident in my playing. I believe what my main issue was I had all these uptight musicians around me you know the ones Im talking about the ones who swear metal and hard rock is just noise or doesn't understand the depth of a band as A Perfect Circle. those people really made me feel like I was doing it for nothing. Hell I've been practicing for a long time and from what I seen, No one can really tell you a right or wrong way to express yourself with the guitar. Hell if I want to use an ice pick and nab at all my strings there nothing wrong with that. if it sounds good that is lol. I really make it to the teachng lessons but I will try my best.
I have even recommended some guys to join this site as well, because they saw my progress.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2012, 09:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ChocolateTeddy @ Feb 26 2012, 03:35 AM) *
sorry for my late reply lmao, but oh man I love RED! they are inspiring to me. and yea I love Maximun the hormone lmao. right now (thanks to this site and the vids) I become more confident in my playing. I believe what my main issue was I had all these uptight musicians around me you know the ones Im talking about the ones who swear metal and hard rock is just noise or doesn't understand the depth of a band as A Perfect Circle. those people really made me feel like I was doing it for nothing. Hell I've been practicing for a long time and from what I seen, No one can really tell you a right or wrong way to express yourself with the guitar. Hell if I want to use an ice pick and nab at all my strings there nothing wrong with that. if it sounds good that is lol. I really make it to the teachng lessons but I will try my best.
I have even recommended some guys to join this site as well, because they saw my progress.

Great to know you're feeling good among us wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:56 PM