10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Dicussion And Uploads, Leedbreak,Crazy Fret,OC,Jesse,Paiva,Utak3r
skennington
Jan 11 2009, 10:30 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Discuss your thoughts and ideas in here guys.. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jan 11 2009, 11:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 11 2009, 10:34 PM
GMC:er
Woohoo. Hey guys and great to be in a virtual band with you all. I think we should tackle a cover first as it's a bit easier to start with before working on an original song. What do you guys think.

Just a small intro:

I'm Paul. My favourite genres are metal, classic rock, jazz, country, blues and electronic music like Kraftwerk. I'm 24 for the next 13 days and I'm a fairly alright rhythm guitarist and can play some lead lines. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 11 2009, 10:48 PM
Hey there guys!
I'm almost 34, and I'm from Poland. Call me Peter....

I'm into metal, eventually rock. I can play rythm guitars cool.gif Plus I can mix, record and so on...

Yeah, for the first shot it should be some cover, and then we can go for something original biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by utak3r: Jan 11 2009, 10:48 PM

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 11 2009, 10:54 PM
If we wait for everybody to say hello and the leader to come in the thread we can discuss options but I'll leave all the details for the leader to sort out smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 12 2009, 03:27 PM
Is anyone else alive? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jan 12 2009, 03:27 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 12 2009, 03:32 PM
lol.... don't say it will be a duo wink.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 12 2009, 03:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Appologies for my tardyness!

Ok I'll give a brief into;

My name is Craig, I'm 38 and live in Marple, England.

I like rock, blues, jazz and metal. Play on a Jap Fender Strat through a PodXt and record with Reaper. I'm a reasonable rhythm player and can play fairly easy lead lines, (its an area I'm working on).

I'm happy to do a cover first of all to gague our strengths.

Looking forward to recording with you all smile.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 12 2009, 03:51 PM
Hi and thanks OC for sending me a message! I can play solos and rhythm and I'm interesting in all styles really I just don't know how to play country very well but rock blues jazz and some metal I can play them I think!

And yeah I'm Tiago Paiva so call me Paiva or Tiago if you want I'm from Portugal and I'm 14 you can see my first recording in the link in my sig I'm pretty new to recording as you can see!

I'm very happy about this!

This post has been edited by Paiva: Jan 12 2009, 03:53 PM

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 12 2009, 03:55 PM
Cool. Welcome to the thread guys. Now we just need to wait for the chief and Jesse. I'm sure leedbreak and jesse will be around soon.

I think we should do a classic bluesy rock cover first but we'll see what leedbreak and jesse think as well as you guys smile.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jan 12 2009, 03:58 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 12 2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah for me it's fine! Did you think about any band?

EDIT: I'm now in the chat if you want to talk a bit smile.gif

This post has been edited by Paiva: Jan 12 2009, 04:08 PM

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 12 2009, 04:07 PM
Something like Deep Purple, ZZ Top, AC DC etc. maybe?

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 12 2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah those would be cool and I have to say that I'm kindda in love with your guitar that you use for record you rchallenges the Parker Fly with the pickguard it's beautiful!

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 12 2009, 04:14 PM
QUOTE (Paiva @ Jan 12 2009, 03:10 PM) *
Yeah those would be cool and I have to say that I'm kindda in love with your guitar that you use for record you rchallenges the Parker Fly with the pickguard it's beautiful!

I do love that guitar lots and my other two Parker guitars are great also smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 12 2009, 05:46 PM
Well, may I say welcome to everyone. My name is Jason and I am 42 years old. I have be playing since 19 years old but all that time may have been wasted to a degree as I never learned in importance of structured practices, till GMC. I am a very busy man and may only get to come in here once a day. but I will once a day, at the least.

This will be a lot of fun and we can make some great music.

I feel to just go with a metal/rock song first will be best since it is likely a genre we all are familiar with

The best way to get started is I will post a few drum tracks for you all to play along with and be creative. Please make sure you can post your ideas with and with out the drum backing just as we do in the collaborations. We all must record over the same drums to keep timing in check. It is a nightmare to do it any other way. The drums will be re-written to allow a better fill to the final mix but for now they are there to keep us all in time

Once we get a couple of rhythms posted we will decide which one(s) to go with as a starting point as well as a key and tempo.

Every one please make at least one take so we are all involved from the get go and have a lot to choose from.

I will take these first takes and try to mix them together. I will then post more drum tracks to make bridges and the a mixed tack for solos and lyrics if we go that far.

I will post the drum tracks later today and will have one at like 90, 100, 110, 120, bpm

Also please post the chord progressions and if you know you are playing in a certain key please state so. This makes things go faster.

I would like for you all to upload a least one take within 7 days from the date I post the drums, which should be before mid night tonight US time.

Check your instruments tuning right before your take, all is 440 for now. Make sure you recording level is up some but not to high.

I can’t wait to hear your takes.

As we go along all suggestions are welcome. smile.gif

- Jason

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 12 2009, 05:48 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 12 2009, 05:54 PM
Hey, Just saw my pick! I'mbusy, MTP, VB, wow:D Cool stuff. I'm jesse, from holland and im 15. I got a fender strat and I will paly anything really except funk. Rythm/Lead, I'll do it both. Lead is my preference though. ZZ top, ac/dc would be great, since they are among my favourite bands. Leed, are we like going to WRITE an own song? Or are we just covering? Both cool, we need a name though! What about..... ehm..... ehm.... Dark Light:D

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 12 2009, 05:58 PM
Instructor
I will track this topic and I expect some cool uploads here wink.gif

Congratulations everybody who got into the band smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Jan 12 2009, 05:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 12 2009, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jan 12 2009, 10:54 AM) *
Hey, Just saw my pick! I'mbusy, MTP, VB, wow:D Cool stuff. I'm jesse, from holland and im 15. I got a fender strat and I will paly anything really except funk. Rythm/Lead, I'll do it both. Lead is my preference though. ZZ top, ac/dc would be great, since they are among my favourite bands. Leed, are we like going to WRITE an own song? Or are we just covering? Both cool, we need a name though! What about..... ehm..... ehm.... Dark Light:D

Well, I like doing originals. So yes we are writing from scratch. Name, I am not sure that is necessary with the new VB format but we can keep it in mind. smile.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 12 2009, 06:02 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 12 2009, 04:58 PM) *
I will track this topic and I expect some cool uploads here wink.gif

I think you're looking for this topic: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0 tongue.gif laugh.gif

I'm joking. This is should be good and I'm sure we can get some good ideas going on. Just sorry to everybody who has been lumped with my super guitar skills biggrin.gif

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Jan 12 2009, 05:00 PM) *
Well, I like doing originals. So yes we are writing from scratch. Name, I am not sure that is necessary with the new VB format but we can keep it in mind. smile.gif

I'm happy enough to work on original stuff and will jam ideas to a backing track for sure. Can I do bass and guitar on my recording?

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jan 12 2009, 06:05 PM
Ok... originals. Should be fun. Maybe a Hard rock track?biggrin.gif Ac/dc style. Metal can get really complicated.
I'd be happy to do anything though!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 12 2009, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 12 2009, 11:02 AM) *
Can I do bass and guitar on my recording?

Please do, but I may ask for the bass and or guitar separately as well. You may also be asked to do bass over other people takes. Doing bass will help so much, thanks. biggrin.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:49 PM